Review Round 15 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Rockliff has changed this team. Now when our midfielders forget how to football he is there to win the ball and get us moving in the right direction. Our most important and consistent player right now!
Great call. He's exactly the mid we needed, you get the same game every week.

Smashed Carlton for 3 quarters. Should have been a lot more if not for the poor 3rd quarter and Carlton's extremely good conversion in the 1st.
This, we outplayed them for 3 quarters, they were 100% playing on all cylinders and their pressure was fantastic, so it took our best but we controlled 3 quarters. The 3rd qtr was a concern, but we stayed composed and won the type of game we'd lose in years gone by.

Another positive is that's ourfirst 4 game streak in a long time. Now to target 5.

We'll be equal second, though. With West Coast, Sydney, probably Collingwood and us all on 40 points.

Just not actually second
8 games remaining, and so many possible permutations - I won't be too stressed if it doesn't all go our way this weekend.

missed the second quarter, came back to see blues fans booing lindsay thought he might of knocked out jed lamb or something.

Dwaaaaayne listen to the blues crowd roar; 5 people go up.

the white long sleeves looked strange

thought powell pepper was immense and the class acts of polec motlop wingard shone through even trengove had an unexpected good cameo from downback

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure will - 64 inside 50s, 75 tackles and 301 pressure acts against a side that put up 268 pressure acts.

Are you and PAFC66 having a 'who can be the biggest parody of themselves' competition today or something?

Missed most of the game because rewriting and shit. So I followed the first three-quarters on FigBooty. Quarter-time melts were pretty funny.

Never thought I'd ever giggle more at a random comment than the time Dazza called tribey a "F@%KEN UGLY CAMPAIGNER" over Kern's coaching abilities.

Then today Schulzenfest goes to war with the melters at quarter-time and JohnHinckleyJr cracked it, paraphrasing but basically:

2d5v9v.gif

*giggles*

Last edited:
Good win in my opinion. Collingwood beat this team by 20 points last week and everyone continues to polish Buckley's knob. Sometimes poor teams rise for the occasion and you just have to scrap out the win as best you can, particularly away from home.

4 points is 4 points. We won.

CARLTON 5.0 6.2 8.7 10.9 (69)
PORT ADELAIDE 3.6 8.9 8.9 13.12 (90)

GOALS
Carlton:
C. Curnow 4, Murphy, Cripps, Pickett, Phillips, Dow, Kennedy
Port Adelaide: R. Gray 3, Westhoff 2, Marshall 2, Wingard 2, Thomas, Motlop, Dixon, Boak

BEST
Carlton:
C. Curnow, Simpson, Cripps, Murphy, Rowe, Jones
Port Adelaide: Wingard, Rockliff, Powell-Pepper, Houston, Hombsch

INJURIES
Carlton:
Silvagni (ankle)
Port Adelaide: Pittard (corked leg)
Official crowd: 26,562 at the MCG

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-30/match-report-carlton-v-port-adelaide

Not sure I agree with any of those best players for us.

We’ll win but our gamestyle will make it a slog rather than a belting. I might be sweating at some point in the game but I believe in the group/coaches to beat the 18th placed side.
Rather predictable.

Are you and PAFC66 having a 'who can be the biggest parody of themselves' competition today or something?

Carlton didn’t fall over like I expected they would and really came at us hard for the 300th game of a club favourite. Over 270 pressure acts is the standard of a top eight side. But at no time was I worried that we were going to lose the game.

Richmond also struggled against Carlton and won by 26 points in R1.

Just cause you’re pissing the bed, don’t expect me to.

Not sure I agree with any of those best players for us.

Really liked Pepp's 4th quarter when the game was on the line. Chad definitely in our best. Other spots could be raffled but I reckon Hoff at least should've been in.

Can we put this game into a little bit of respective

First of all Carlton had a massive milestone game today for Kade Simpson they were always going to come out and challenge us and never give up today!

Second last week Collingwood beat Carlton by 20 points this was on their home deck so no travel involved and with Collingwood being our rival right now to get into the top 4 to grab a 21 point win on the road and in some wet I think it’s a pretty decent performance

#imtrying

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 15 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back