Preview Round 16, 2018: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7th July, 4:05PM ACST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilbert will come in
Almost certainly. At this point, I don't even mind that much (and I am not in any way a Giblet fan). He's crap, but we need SOME tall experience down back.

At this point, we have two choices: We can replace Battle with Marshall or Goddard, and try to keep the same tall forward structure; or we can restructure the forward line so it's just Paddy and Members.

Given we've finally had some semblance of coherence down there, I think I'd go with the first option. The idea of Paddy being the lone tall is just, ugh... As to whether to go with Marshall or Goddard... I dunno... I just don't know.

i swear to god we are cursed
Rubbish. The Footy gods at it again. Battle and Paddy play all year, fantastic! Hugh gets an opportunity, fantastic! Austin gets a go as the intercepting defender, fantastic!
We're getting all the list questions answered this season, so Liba can know where he stands and what needs doing. We just need Bleach and Newnes to go down for a few weeks and then we're sorted moving forward...

Almost certainly. At this point, I don't even mind that much (and I am not in any way a Giblet fan). He's crap, but we need SOME tall experience down back.

Yep we go from having lots of experience to very little. Jeepers what did the club do in the off season? Walk under every ladder past ever back cat and break every ****ing mirror in sight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. The Footy gods at it again. Battle and Paddy play all year, fantastic! Hugh gets an opportunity, fantastic! Austin gets a go as the intercepting defender, fantastic!
We're getting all the list questions answered this season, so Liba can know where he stands and what needs doing. We just need Bleach and Newnes to go down for a few weeks and then we're sorted moving forward...

Sorry bro....but even in jest I can't cop blokes wishing injuries on our own.

Poor form.

Oh no what will the Brucey haters make of this!!

"Set to return to the senior side after recovering from a back injury, Bruce suffered a fractured fibula after colliding with a teammate in a marking contest at training. The injury is likely to keep him sidelined for the remainder of the season. "

No more trade auditions either.

Out - Brown, Carlisle, Battle and Rice

In - Gilbert, Goddard Webster Marshall

EDIT Looked at the backline and think Joyce may also have to sit this out out for Austin.

Last edited:
Marshall is no plodder, and gives us chop out in the ruck. He should come in to replace Battle. The question is now do we go shorter in the backline or replace a small to bring Webster back.
Weather dependant. If it rains we should go small forward and back.

Then again apparently Marshall loves the wet??

Sorry bro....but even in jest I can't cop blokes wishing injuries on our own.

Poor form.

I very much doubt he is wishing injury on anyone, but trying to at least find a silver lining. And what he says is true... injuries are a bitch, but we are not contending, need to do a lot with our list and at least it is giving us the opportunity to look at our depth.

At this point, we have two choices: We can replace Battle with Marshall or Goddard, and try to keep the same tall forward structure; or we can restructure the forward line so it's just Paddy and Members.

Given we've finally had some semblance of coherence down there, I think I'd go with the first option. The idea of Paddy being the lone tall is just, ugh... As to whether to go with Marshall or Goddard... I dunno... I just don't know.

Paddy & either Marshal or Goddard in the forward line is too slow. Injuries are bad but we still need to replace Battle for a like for like. I’d play Gilbert forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back