Preview Round 16, 2018: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7th July, 4:05PM ACST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

B: Webster, Austin, Geary
HB: Savage, Gilbert, Ross
C: Clark, Steele, Sinclair
HF: Weller, McCartin, Billings
F: Gresham, Membrey, Newnes
R: Longer, Armitage, Steven
I/C: Dunstan, Freeman, McKenzie, Marshall
Outs: Battle (inj), Brown (inj), Joyce (omitted), Carlisle (inj), Rice (omitted)
Ins: Marshall, Webster, Gilbert, Austin, Freeman

That being said, we should aim to keep the forward line quick and should only have McCartin and Membrey up forward as talls. Let Marshall roam the ground and chop out in the ruck, while making Newnes play Battle's role and just hope he can kick some snags like he did against Collingwood.

Also Rice is stiff but reckon we need to give Freeman a go this week and since Geary, Webster and Savage are all in (while Clark, McKenzie and Newnes can all play back) we can cover for his absence down back in the pursuit of Freeman offering more through the middle.

Last edited:
Out: Battle, Brown, Carlisle, Joyce
In: Marshall, Austin, Gilbert, Webster

Although I can see Joyce staying in and one of Austin/Marshall missing.

Bloody hell well this is ******.
Stuff it I think make a small forward line around McCartin. Maybe throw a Coffield, Freezer, Paton or bandglands forward for shits and giggles. Might just catch port by surprise.
It's time for Laser Ray the flying Irishman! Let's get that small mobile forward line buzzing around the F50 zone like wasps in a jar.

Forward line will be alright. Backline in big trouble. Maybe Marshall is a good match up for Dixon , joyce on marshal/westoff and gears on gray. Not sure Goddard has earnt the chance to play again. Maybe Austin come back in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall has to come into the team now. He can play forward and pinch hit in the ruck. Paddy should not be in the ruck, because let's face it, we should not provide Paddy with new ways to injure himself.
If Goddard can't get picked with 2 tall defenders and a tall forward out then there is not much hope for him
Also, if Todd Marshall plays for PA we might see a Marshall on Marshall match up.

Forward line will be alright. Backline in big trouble. Maybe Marshall is a good match up for Dixon , joyce on marshal/westoff and gears on gray. Not sure Goddard has earnt the chance to play again. Maybe Austin come back in
Austin and Gilbert for the sake of stemming the bleeding; Joyce and Goddard wouldn't have played against anyone of Dixon or Westhoff's stature ever and would be cooked from the get go.

Just need to play super fast this week like last and hope Paddy, Gresh and Timmy can kick bags to cover the gaping wound that is our backline.

Just heard the news. :( What a kick in the balls.

Just as we were starting to get on a bit of a roll and were looking like potentially being much closer to full strength in the coming weeks to help capitalise on that and this happens.

Season from hell continues. :(

Last edited:
Austin and Gilbert for the sake of stemming the bleeding; Joyce and Goddard wouldn't have played against anyone of Dixon or Westhoff's stature ever and would be cooked from the get go.

Just need to play super fast this week like last and hope Paddy, Gresh and Timmy can kick bags to cover the gaping wound that is our backline.
I remember way way way back in late 2015 when I thought - jeez this bloke looks a bit raw but if he comes on he will definitely be starting 22 in 2016

Hugh Goddard 2015
16 Rich Debutant serviceable as defender minding resting talls. 4
17 Melb Second gamer worked hard down back. Subbed off last term. 5
18 Port Had demanding task on Ryder but stuck to his guns. 4
19 Frem More for his education against tall Freo forwards. Admirable persistence. 4
20 NM Held his own on Petrie in first half but North’s main forward got away. 5
21 Geel Started on Walker and did a good job then had time on bigger Hawkins. 5
22 Syd Picked up Tippett or Pike in defence then to forward line. 3
23 WCE Overpowered by resting rucks. Pushed forward to goal with only kick. Subbed. 1

I remember way way way back in late 2015 when I thought - jeez this bloke looks a bit raw but if he comes on he will definitely be starting 22 in 2016

Hugh Goddard 2015
16 Rich Debutant serviceable as defender minding resting talls. 4
17 Melb Second gamer worked hard down back. Subbed off last term. 5
18 Port Had demanding task on Ryder but stuck to his guns. 4
19 Frem More for his education against tall Freo forwards. Admirable persistence. 4
20 NM Held his own on Petrie in first half but North’s main forward got away. 5
21 Geel Started on Walker and did a good job then had time on bigger Hawkins. 5
22 Syd Picked up Tippett or Pike in defence then to forward line. 3
23 WCE Overpowered by resting rucks. Pushed forward to goal with only kick. Subbed. 1
He's definitely in the mix no doubt but I still wonder if he's truly ready. Hope the kid can prove himself if he's selected because he is talented but equally worrying signs if he doesn't manage to crack into the side this year with all our injuries (says something of the way he's been going to have Austin and Joyce playing ahead of him this year when we've missed Brown, Carlisle, Webster, Geary and Roberton throughout the year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back