Preview Round 16, 2018: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 7th July, 4:05PM ACST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan Wright

Fmd Sack Richo thread gonna be BOOMING this weekend

Gone small up forward. Was either that or being Marshall but he is probably a bit slower than Battle so can understand why Wright is in. Not a hell of a lot they can do really. Injuries have definitely cruelled us.

Gone small up forward. Was either that or being Marshall but he is probably a bit slower than Battle so can understand why Wright is in. Not a hell of a lot they can do really. Injuries have definitely cruelled us.
Mate there is always another option in 2018 than bloody Nathan Wright lmao.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/16/port-v-stk

PORT ADELAIDE
  • Dougal Howard, Tom Jonas, Dan Houston
  • Riley Bonner, Tom Clurey, Jack Trengove
  • Steven Motlop, Ollie Wines, Jared Polec
  • Travis Boak, Justin Westhoff, Chad Wingard
  • Aidyn Johnson, Charlie Dixon, Robbie Gray
  • Paddy Ryder, Tom Rockliff, Brad Ebert
  • Sam Powell-Pepper, Jack Watts, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Lindsay Thomas
EMG Jake Neade, Karl Amon, Jack Hombsch, Jarrod Lienert

IN
  • Tom Jonas, Aidyn Johnson, Jack Watts, Darcy Byrne-Jones
OUT
  • Jack Hombsch (Omitted), Sam Gray (Injured), Todd Marshall (Omitted), Jasper Pittard (Injured)
MILESTONES:
Steven Motlop - Playing 150th game

ST KILDA

• Jarryn Geary, Logan Austin, Jimmy Webster
  • Hunter Clark, Sam Gilbert, Jack Newnes
  • Shane Savage, Jack Steele, Jack Sinclair
  • Jack Billings, Tim Membrey, David Armitage
  • Jade Gresham, Paddy McCartin, Nathan Wright
  • Billy Longer, Sebastian Ross, Jack Steven
  • Luke Dunstan, Daniel McKenzie, Darragh Joyce, Maverick Weller
EMG Ed Phillips, Nick Coffield, Bailey Rice, Rowan Marshall

IN
  • Logan Austin, Jimmy Webster, Sam Gilbert, Nathan Wright
OUT
  • Josh Battle (Injured), Bailey Rice (Omitted), Jake Carlisle (Injured), Nathan Brown (Injured)

Like the Wright inclusion. Bit of small forward line pressure on what might be a wet day.

Conversely I don’t know if Steele will be big enough for Wines who’s got 9 kilos on him, might need for a team job on him sort of thing

Nate Wright in last chance saloon, in fact more likely audition match; expect to see the mofo going round chinning dudes like PowersPowellPepper and buzzing after crumbs like you would if your career depended on it.

Prediction:
Nate Wright, 8 possessions, 2 goals, 4 tackles, 1 report

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous that Brown and Carlisle are both our and Goddard STILL can’t get a look in.

We’re playing that Irish spud however.

Good luck Goddard at the Hawks smh
Have you watched any of Goddards Sandy games, doesn't deserve a game

Since I'm positive someone will complain about it
Rice (omitted) to bring in Jimmy Webster
Nathan Wright is in to replace Battle (plan a small forward line)

Decent changes given the circumstances. Gilbert needed to come in for some seniority in the backline. Austin for Brown was the best choice.
The heat will be on Paddy this week, but I think he can handle it.

Incidentally, is Adelaide the only city in the world that has a half hour time difference? I could just look myself, but this is one for all those pub quiz type people who have this type of fact rattling around in their heads.

Edit; if anyone besides me cares, go here: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/time-zones-interesting.html

Last edited:
Can someone remind and verify for me if Richo stated that Bruce was going to be dropped before succumbing to his back injury or not. I recall something along those lines at the time. Seems odd that our best performing forward would be sent to Sandy for form issues, unless there were issues with how best to perform.
Oh no what will the Brucey haters make of this!!

"Set to return to the senior side after recovering from a back injury, Bruce suffered a fractured fibula after colliding with a teammate in a marking contest at training. The injury is likely to keep him sidelined for the remainder of the season. "

No more trade auditions either.

Out - Brown, Carlisle, Battle and Rice

In - Gilbert, Goddard Webster Marshall

EDIT Looked at the backline and think Joyce may also have to sit this out out for Austin.

Well, I for one admit to being a bit of a Brucey sceptic...but this news is beyond shit.

I never understand the bagging of our players. I can see why they have brought in Wright. Tough gig in Adelaide against a form team. Wright is fast, fearless, a tackler. He has had some poor games, but plenty have. Not a lot of skill, but he kicks a goal when given the chance.

Fit and firing....good luck to him.

I'm not fussed about the changes but yowza our key defensive options of Gilbo, Austin and Joyce are about as bad as it gets. Especially against a team that has marking options like Dixon, Ryder, Westhoff and Watts up front! :oops:

Shocking timing for Jake and Brown to both go down.

Marshall stiff (ditto Hickey, who isn't even in the squad!) and I guess Hugh is a bust.

I know injuries, but something else has happened to him since year 1 (when he held down a key defensive spot for 8 weeks- in a better team than we've been this year- in preference to Delaney, at just 18yo, and even had 20 disposals in one game- he now takes 3 weeks to get that many at VFL level).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back