Prediction Round 16, 2024: Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petch takes part in about 3 centre bounces even with the main trio (Yeo/Kelly/Reid) present.

With him out, it's likely those centre bounces will go to one of Flyin' and/or Brockman, who played pretty well there against Essendon last week.
Quite frankly Ryan and and lesser extent Brockman has surpassed Petch.

Unlucky for the injury but if Ryan/Brockman are better in the mid then Petch I don't see a spot for Petch unless he reinvents himself up forward.

Seriously what has Petch got over Ryan in the mid? Only speed and endurance but for speed Ryan is no slouch and endurance not yet verified

Can’t say I’m surprised to see Petruccelle out with a hamstring strain. Wasn’t moving freely when I saw him train on Tuesday

Ideally it’s minor given he’s been doing a fair bit of work to put his hamstring issues behind him

Edwards, Gaff and Hutchinson you’d think would be the three emergencies to miss out.

Leaves Hunt, Witherden, Jones, Williams and Maric to make the final 23 with probably Jones to be sub. Maybe Maric

Arguably the strongest team we’ve named all year so expect a solid showing

Can’t say I’m surprised to see Petruccelle out with a hamstring strain. Wasn’t moving freely when I saw him train on Tuesday

Ideally it’s minor given he’s been doing a fair bit of work to put his hamstring issues behind him

Edwards, Gaff and Hutchinson you’d think would be the three emergencies to miss out.

Leaves Hunt, Witherden, Jones, Williams and Maric to make the final 23 with probably Jones to be sub. Maybe Maric

Not exaggerating it would have to be close to double figure soft tissue injuries since he arrived at the club. When we have good availability he falls back to just being a fringe player anyway.

This probably means Jones holds his spot and Maric the unlucky one to miss out.

Not exaggerating it would have to be close to double figure soft tissue injuries since he arrived at the club. When we have good availability he falls back to just being a fringe player anyway.

This probably means Jones holds his spot and Maric the unlucky one to miss out.

Not having a crack -

I’ve have seen Maric out/sub on a few team selection sheets attempts.

I thought he was going reasonably well for the first three quarters last week. Ran out of legs in the last and was probably tiring after half time but………initially he was very good IMO and IMO needs opportunity to grow into the wingman role.

Sending to bench as sub or even dropping him sends wrong message IMO.

Prefer to see Maric start on the wing again and see if he repeat and improve on last week.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

So happy to have both Reid and Kelly back our midfield looks so much more dynamic with them both.

Also don’t mind if we played Hutchinson as sub again. Ideally he would come on earlier than last week, but he’s probably the perfect choice at present.

He seems fit enough to come in as required early but this back end of year will be a bit of a blur anyway so happy to give him AFL minutes to help his development.

A mild winters day with no rain might suit a taller team. If we can get good enough supply we can trouble the hawks tall defenders.

Hawthorn haven’t named Mitch Lewis which is a bit of a surprise. Thought they might have brought him back this week
I dare say it’s a mix of giving him some game time at VFL level but also I think they will feel they are more dangerous against our backline with their smaller fleet. Gov and Barrass may have a field day running off him if he’s a bit off the pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elliot Yeo named but no decision made as yet on whether he’ll play

Yup reckon we will win our spine looks good and the midfield with Kelly and Reid back looks good

Elliot Yeo named but no decision made as yet on whether he’ll play

Hard to know how individuals react to tragedy/loss, but I get the feeling Elliot will likely want to run out on Sunday and play his guts out as a tribute to his dad.
Maybe he wont be up to it and that is 100% fine and understandable, just feel thats what he will want to do.

Hard to know how individuals react to tragedy/loss, but I get the feeling Elliot will likely want to run out on Sunday and play his guts out as a tribute to his dad.
Maybe he wont be up to it and that is 100% fine and understandable, just feel thats what he will want to do.
I'm leaning this way as well. However, if he doesn't and feels he can't play that is 1000% OK as well.
Absolutely no expectations on him at all.

Witherden's turnovers just look worse then, Under minor pressure his decision making often lets him down and he trieds to bite off more than he can chew. Misses his target and bang easy gial scored against.

Maybe rhe others disposable efficency is worse because they are under pressure more playing in close defending. Duggan is a turnover kicker as well sure but Witherden when he stuffs it up REALLY stuffs it up.
I think now you are just stretching to find any justification for your bias. AFL player ratings takes into account the damage a turnover has and ease of disposal. They have him higher rated than Cole / Hough (hough more lockdown tho).

Hawks running scared of Harley and bought Maginnes in. Hopefully takes him forward and he kicks a few on him.

No doubt S.Mitchell also saw the impact Windhager's tag had in turning the match against St Kilda.

What I want to see at the opening bounce on Sunday, is to have multiple players come in and FLATTEN F.Maginness.

Send a statement out to the rest of the competition that the club isn't just going to sit back and accept scabs tagging a first year player.

No doubt S.Mitchell also saw the impact Windhager's tag had in turning the match against St Kilda.

What I want to see at the opening bounce on Sunday, is to have multiple players come in and FLATTEN F.Maginness.

Send a statement out to the rest of the competition that the club isn't just going to sit back and accept scabs tagging a first year player.
All we need is for Yeo to damage them.

Yeo at his best will make hawks think twice about sending a tagger to a first year player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back