Preview Round 16: Essendon v Geelong - MCG - Country Game Apparently - Saturday 29th June - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think anyones worried about him, its the bullshit that everyone else cops a week and the big name gets away with it, the reasons the tribunal gave for letting him off are the exact reason he should have been suspended

yeah for sure

you look at danger, then you look at harry jones and ya go what the ****

Does this make a case in point that maybe we should actually challenge a suspension sometime?
Instead of just copping whatever is given to us every single time.
Helps when your president of the AFLPA. Sigh

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They’ve already covered that. This was a very exceptional circumstance and therefore won’t be repeated often.

Have you seen the reasoning? Basically this will be one of the only rare cases where they’ll accept both arms pinned and the head hitting the ground NOT being rough conduct. They’ve made an exception.
It's really atrocious. He even admitted he had opportunity to release but chose not to. That decision led directly to the impact. AFL should appeal. The decision makes a mockery of their claim that player safety comes first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And every possibility he does a hammy. Age and the way he bursts out of stoppage unfortunately catching up with him.
Still, having Duz or Caldwell go to him is like something that simply needs to happen

We should be having someone on him. He’s always dominated us, let him get geelong going at your peril

I don’t mind putting Caldwell on him but not as a tagger.

I'm bemused at how they find excuses to let big name players out of every suspension. Think Butters, think Cripps when he won his brownlow etc. Oh well whatever - I'm not bothered that he'll be free to play us but yeah doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the system. Once again they make rules up on the fly.

Might be wet(ish) Saturday night.

If so Caddy probably makes way or we’ll be too tall, unless Langford is genuinely sore.

I’d assume Gresham comes straight back in and Hind was poor so may make way.

Also a bit confused about how we’re using Menzie. He’s not a flanker and he doesn’t have much impact as a sub, I’d be more inclined to give ADJ another run.

In: Gresham, Setterfield, ADJ (sub)
Out: Caddy, Hind, Menzie

Does this make a case in point that maybe we should actually challenge a suspension sometime?
Instead of just copping whatever is given to us every single time.
Helps when your president of the AFLPA. Sigh

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We challenged Weidemans and couldn’t get off that, good luck with anything else.

from memory this stat was up on the fox footy broadcast late in third or early in first and we had kicked 4 or 5 goals to 1 or 2 from stoppages but Eagles had also kicked a lot of behinds from stoppages vs us being incredibly accurate.

Personally the raw clearance numbers concern me if we are still winning contested possessions/loose ball/ground ball, we've seen teams like tigers give up the clearance battle but still win the overall contested battle in the past.

My concern over last month though has been that we've given up a lot of centre clearances where they opposition player has exiting out the front, Noah Anderson did this a lot in suns game despite us winning overall clearances numbers and Liam Ryan did it a fair bit on Sunday. Our set up is too aggressive, I suspect it’s mainly when Perkins and Stringer are in the middle.
I think Port go a couple* of clearances expiring out the front.

*Still gives me nightmares

I’m assuming we’re holding fire on challenging suspensions until our important player / big game scenario comes up. Think Merret in prelim later … in the … year…

…What?

…No.

…Really???

…No.

Oh.

Weid?

We burned our golden ticket on Weid?

F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back