Preview Round 16: Essendon v Geelong - MCG - Country Game Apparently - Saturday 29th June - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

IN - Goldy and Gresham
OUT - Caddy and Menzie.

Per 7 news.
Ugh. Why? Is Brad anticipating Blicavs and De Koning? And even if, I'd still back Draper in to run out another full game. I would have liked to see Caddy get another go. Strategically, it makes sense to my brain to give Goldy another week of freshening up. I mean, that could be stupid to some people, but people don't realise, you know, my brain thinks thoughts too.

I don't mind the two ruck approach.. it worked early season. Goldy is coming off a break and should be fresher for it.

I think we are, however, too tall and a little one paced. Really excited to see how we go against one of the 'benchmark' teams of the last two decades. Just hoping we finally turn the corner against this mob.

How the hell are you going to omit Caddy after he kicks 2 in a game off the back of 3 in the two's. Jones hasn't kicked 2 in a match since Round 7. Would've left Goldy out and kept Caddy in. This will burn the kid's confidence. What a nuffie selection.
Jones was very good though and played more wing.

I would have rested Goldy again and kept Caddy in.

I don't mind the two ruck approach.. it worked early season. Goldy is coming off a break and should be fresher for it.

I think we are, however, too tall and a little one paced. Really excited to see how we go against one of the 'benchmark' teams of the last two decades. Just hoping we finally turn the corner against this mob.
Yeah it worked good against the Pies. Cats arent known for being particularly quick too

Agree I'd prefer Caddy if it's a choice between the two
Agreed that Caddy has shown more than Jones up forward although Jones was important last week leading up to the wings. I personally think both Jones and Cox are still growing/learning but haven't really taken that step to make the selections automatic. I think you have to compare Jones and Cox for that tall wing position.. and Cox wins. Then compare Jones and Caddy for the 3rd forward role... and Caddy wins. So I think Jones was the natural out if you wanted to play the two rucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield verdict is fine. It's all the bullshit suspensions that have preceded it.

Scott: "(Draper's) pulled up better than he has in my time here, so he's in good shape"

Wonder how Cox is feeling. Could be Gresham for Cox and no other changes. Hind can cover the wing for rotation if need be.

Would also like to see Setterfield for Heppell but that won't happen. Still think there's only one spot between Kelly and Heppell.
Setterfield could take Hepp's wing

Only team in the comp not playing someone 21 or younger. We are going to lose a heap of the younger guys over the next couple of years
No, we're not.

Winning clearances will be a key factor in this game, with both Goldy and Draps it should gives us the edge against their two rucks. I would like to get more games into Caddy but he will get his chance. I think this move works as Geelong has bullied us for ages in clearance.

I have 4 tickets available if anyone is interested, bay P16, front row in the Shane Warne stand. Message me if interested and we can negotiate a price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back