Preview Round 16: Essendon v Geelong - MCG - Country Game Apparently - Saturday 29th June - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

not sure there's more prevalence of Dunning-Kruger anywhere in the world than footy team selection threads

Wichidi googles Dunning-Kruger:

"The Dunning-Kruger effect occurs when a person's lack of knowledge and skill in a certain area causes them to overestimate their own competence. By contrast, this effect also drives those who excel in a given area to think the task is simple for everyone, leading them to underestimate their abilities."

LOL. 100% agree with this post.

Menzie is 'in' for Kelly, Davey comes in to the squad (e.g he's an emergency). Kelly is ill so it's not a swap being made to substitute his role.
Yeah I realise that. He’s ‘in’ instead of Setterfield, Hobbs or Shiel and if there’s a late change they will bring him ‘in’ to the team when there are significantly better wet weather options.

I did overlook that to be fair but it doesn’t change the point I’m making. Davey is not really the best option when bigger bodies are available.

Our emergencies are; an inside midfielder / forward, an outside midfielder / forward, a KPP (Caddy).

We’ve already brought Menzie in who’s a forward / defender.

Setterfield and/or Shiel would be an unnecessary emergency as it would mean we’ve already brought Hobbs in and are needing to replace two midfielders. In a situation that dire we’d just pay the fine and bring someone in that’s not a listed emergency.

Our emergencies are; an inside midfielder / forward, an outside midfielder / forward, a KPP (Caddy).

We’ve already brought Menzie in who’s a forward / defender.

Setterfield and/or Shiel would be an unnecessary emergency as it would mean we’ve already brought Hobbs in and are needing to replace two midfielders. In a situation that dire we’d just pay the fine and bring someone in that’s not a listed emergency.
I’d argue that Davey is an unnecessary emergency. But I suppose they want to give the kid a boost by having him named. Even if Guelfi or Gresh were late outs I’d rather have Setterfield or Shiel in the mix than Davey for this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure there's more prevalence of Dunning-Kruger anywhere in the world than footy team selection threads
Fact that 78%* of people who quote Dunning-Kruger, are in fact proving that they have the very same overconfidence bias by confidently referring to this obscure bias in overconfidence.

*100% of people quoting this statistic are proving they are living the Dunning-Kruger effect.

G'day all, longtime lurker and first time poster. I'm after 3 tickets to tonight's game, but struggling to get any on ticketek (live in the bush, so rarely get to games). Happy to pay up, if you can help shoot me an inbox. Cheers and carn the Dons!

Watching the last quarter of the lions win last night was heart warming. I don’t recall us playing a quarter of football as bad as that this year. I might be underestimating our progress!

Watching the last quarter of the lions win last night was heart warming. I don’t recall us playing a quarter of football as bad as that this year. I might be underestimating our progress!
Whole game was littered with errors. Whoever made the least won.

For tonight, I hope we didn't go too tall as could be damp. I think Hobbs could have been suited to these conditions IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back