Preview Round 16: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Etihad - Sunday 4:40pm, 19/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to this game because my 6 year old son is playing auskick at half time. Hope we have a good win to top off a good day. We have about 12 family coming to watch the little fella on Etihad, who thinks I should book?
being the madeline game there will be a few but Im not sure it will be a sell out...

I'd book if you want 12 seats together otherwise I'd get there nice and early. I reckon there will be a good turnout for this game.

Really looking forward to this game because my 6 year old son is playing auskick at half time. Hope we have a good win to top off a good day. We have about 12 family coming to watch the little fella on Etihad, who thinks I should book?
being the madeline game there will be a few but Im not sure it will be a sell out...

I booked seats as not wanting to get there to early and i reckon they'll get 40K at least....
If the 12 are all sitting together then get there early but if u guys are spread around then perhaps get reserve seats so as to get a closer view of ur boy playing.....Richmond cheer squad will be at the Coventry end (Bourke St), Aisles 1 & 48 etc

I am shocked by some of the Matt Thomas love here all of a sudden.

No way in hell should he come in!

Is a VFL player for us and no more. Some of the Saints would run rings around him, his legs can't take him through a full game at this level anymore.

I think he is a good darn player, but not for us in the AFL, simple as that.

Agree mate.

I rarely lose it at games. I did lose it I am ashamed to say in his last senior game, I just could not stand it anymore. luckily I was at home watching it as I think his last game was interstate ? Or that might have been the game before, anyway, there have been so many bad ones i get mixed up. I can still see him sliding in to get the ball and then either fumble it and the opposition streams it away, or he hand balled it to the first voice which normally was the opposition who then streamed away with it...also his man his was on, was always free.

Hope he is never picked in the seniors again, if he is, we have gone back 10 steps.

Agree mate.

I rarely lose it at games. I did lose it I am ashamed to say in his last senior game, I just could not stand it anymore. luckily I was at home watching it as I think his last game was interstate ? Or that might have been the game before, anyway, there have been so many bad ones i get mixed up. I can still see him sliding in to get the ball and then either fumble it and the opposition streams it away, or he hand balled it to the first voice which normally was the opposition who then streamed away with it...also his man his was on, was always free.

Hope he is never picked in the seniors again, if he is, we have gone back 10 steps.

He will play this weekend, im almost certain of it. How sad is it? I was certain we had seen the last of him.

He will play this weekend, im almost certain of it. How sad is it? I was certain we had seen the last of him.

I just see zero merit in picking him. Put in a kid FFS in the guts, there output would be at worst equal quality and they have a future and we can determine further if they have a place on our list. FFA Arnot, or McDonough and co should be given the Thomas spot for a crack at it.

The buzz is back!! Said it before and it is so true; Footy is better when the tigers are up and about. Everything seems to be working for you guys and you genuinely seem to have quality in the right areas and role players chipping in.

This should be a fantastic game for the neutral supporter. Best of luck!!
Was going to like...saw the Manchester United bit! :mad::p

Happy to disagree.... A win is a win is a win is a win. With our potential forward line setup this week I'm concerned. No TV, prob no Griff, no small forwards with any ability. So it's on Dusty, Lids and JR to kick a score.... I'll take any win and I'll be ecstatic about it....
Agree, Saints still play Etihad well and will be well up for it, expecting a win but it won't be easy.

KB reckons Thomas a certainty, looking forward to his selection, lol

What about Castagna? I know he is out injured currently, but is he worth elevating? He looked good from what I seen of him
Needs to work on disposal and decision making, injury would have set him back a bit
Looks the goods though

Dimma has already said that Hampson retains his spot (rightfully so) but I'm not convinced that Maric will come in.

It would slow us down too much. If Griff is fit, he will come in and Maric will spend another week resting up. Fingers crossed Hamspon has another good game this week as we will definitely need him v Freo as mentioned earlier. Maric just doesnt have that spring in his legs anymore to jump over taller ruckman.

Hammer and Ivan playing together is gonna be a disaster. Worst thing is if we somehow manage to win we will have them both in again next week to play freo lol :drunk:

playin with :fire:

I'd think it's a chance worth taking as it's of value to find out if these guys can play in the same squad. But I agree we could be vulnerable...

Hammer and Ivan playing together is gonna be a disaster. Worst thing is if we somehow manage to win we will have them both in again next week to play freo lol :drunk:

playin with :fire:
Don't you worry about "The Hammer", he's building nicely to this years Norm Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dimma has already said that Hampson retains his spot (rightfully so) but I'm not convinced that Maric will come in.

It would slow us down too much. If Griff is fit, he will come in and Maric will spend another week resting up. Fingers crossed Hamspon has another good game this week as we will definitely need him v Freo as mentioned earlier. Maric just doesnt have that spring in his legs anymore to jump over taller ruckman.
seen dimmas presser from this morning said griff isnt playing and hammer and ivan are playing

Out;
Vickery
Edwards
Newman

In;
McDonough
Lennon
McBean

Give Hampson another week.. if form permits he stays in for me..

Gordon to go out of the side once Knights is fit..

Maric back Hampson likely to keep his spot according to the presser today.

You always have a bad feeling before most games :p

No i dont! im usually positive before games. Must be getting me mixed up.

seen dimmas presser from this morning said griff isnt playing and hammer and ivan are playing

i should have checked the RFC website first before posting. ha ha.

very interesting, bit worried about our lack of pace up forward whenever one of them is resting down there.

unless we go old school and have them rotating off the bench with each other? could impact the midfielders though.

also need to hope for no injuries as you would think that 1 of them will be subbed off during the 3rd quarter.

I reckon there's a silver lining to Shed's injury, in that Lambert should get more midfield time than he otherwise would have. When he was subbed in on Friday he was pretty much played where Shed would have been, which is obviously a role that suits him, and did admirably. If he gets a full match as Shed's replacement I'd be backing him to have 15 plus touches and a handful of clearances, would love to see him kick a goal or two as well.

I reckon there's a silver lining to Shed's injury, in that Lambert should get more midfield time than he otherwise would have. When he was subbed in on Friday he was pretty much played where Shed would have been, which is obviously a role that suits him, and did admirably. If he gets a full match as Shed's replacement I'd be backing him to have 15 plus touches and a handful of clearances, would love to see him kick a goal or two as well.
Correct. Does his best work as an inside mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back