Preview Round 16: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Etihad - Sunday 4:40pm, 19/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have reverted back to having Lloyd as emergency. No idea WTF is going on here

So having a bloke who has demonstrated capacity to kick multiple goals on stand by for a team bereft of it's usual goal-kickers is a bad idea because......?

edit: I see what you mean now. In then out, then in again.... strange

So having a bloke who has demonstrated capacity to kick multiple goals on stand by for a team bereft of it's usual goal-kickers is a bad idea because......?

edit: I see what you mean now. In then out, then in again.... strange

Ha ha yeah no issue with having Lloyd named there, just at a loss to why we would chop and change like that.

You mean other than father-son or life membership?

That's all well and good - but I have a suspicion that football and sports in general are actually just really boring - or at least having shows or columns about them is - so they just have to latch onto any ridiculous thing they can in order to have something to talk/write about

Dude young guys need regular games to show the potential being sub and brought on for a few minutes does show much. Ellis was played every game in his first year never got dropped yet some other youngsters aren't shown the same respect. This kid has done nothing wrong but won't be given a game. You watch he'll be sub again come on last quarter get his 7 touches and you will be saying i told you so. Anyway time will tell when he lines up for the crows and burns it up against us.:cry:
Youngsters aren't shown the same respect??????
You mean some youngsters don't respect the opportunity in front of them and how hard they have to work on everything to win and earn the respect of the coaches and players like Ellis did?

Everything has worked out perfectly for us in regards to other results... which is why I'm now totally convinced that we're going to lose tomorrow! :cry:

With Sydney's draw, we either needed them to beat Hawthorn, or get absolutely flogged so that their percentage took a big hit.

Well we got the latter!

The forward line is only a good small short of being really dangerous.... except this week, it's about 50% capacity....

Are you worried about the problem we have where if Jack Riewoldt plays as a full forward we don't have a centre half forward and if he plays as a centre half forward we don't have a full forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you worried about the problem we have where if Jack Riewoldt plays as a full forward we don't have a centre half forward and if he plays as a centre half forward we don't have a full forward?

Can see us playing lids or dusty out of the square for a lot of the game

Ellis was played every game in his first year never got dropped yet some other youngsters aren't shown the same respect.

But don't forget he was not afforded the luxury of full games for the first half of the year. I remember multiple times yelling at him after the games as he was doing lap after lap of the ground to get his kms' up after being subbed on and I was leaving the games drunk (sorry Brandon!!).

In fact, he was probably hindered by the fact that he was played as sub rather than playing full games at VFL level. The RFC was definitely serious about him understanding what was required though. I lost count of the number of laps he used to run after the games, but he was well and truly rooted at the end of it.

Brandon, if you do read this, I do apologise for the drunken "Run, Brandon Run" hysterical laughter coming from the stands. I truly believed I was so funny, but in sober reflection this may not have been the case:$.

Any chance we could line-up like this in 4 weeks:

B: Batchelor, Chaplin, Grimes
HB: Houli, Rance, Vlastuin
C: McIntosh, Cotchin, B.Ellis
HF: Lennon, Griffiths, C.Ellis
F: S.Edwards, Riewoldt, Vickery
R: Maric/Hampson, Miles, Grigg
Int: Deledio, Martin, Conca
Sub: McDonough (McIntosh, Conca, Lennon, C.Ellis other options)

Let's hope Lennon and McDonough have enough opportunity to earn themselves a spot in the side.

The small/mid forward rotations would create havoc for opposition defenses once the players learn to work together.

Let's hope Lennon and McDonough have enough opportunity to earn themselves a spot in the side.

The small/mid forward rotations would create havoc for opposition defenses once the players learn to work together.
Don't forget Knighta

Lids and dusty on the bench we must be doing well. But i get what you mean. Strong squad

All this talk about tough draws etc for Sydney is ludacris.

Nothing is a given. Frustrates me more than anything.

Must admit west coast have got it good. They're playing well but were allowed to find confidence on the back of a soft draw. Only play hawks and swans once and both in Perth. Fair imbalance in their draw.

Last minute decision, but I think I might travel down to hopefully see the tiges get up.
What's my best option for getting a ticket?
Because you're out suspended I reckon Dimma will expect you to be there and just let you in like the other boys. You might even have to help out in the coaches box, feet massages etc.

Youngsters aren't shown the same respect??????
You mean some youngsters don't respect the opportunity in front of them and how hard they have to work on everything to win and earn the respect of the coaches and players like Ellis did?
And if I may add, the fact back then we had no choice other than playing Ellis due to a very shallow list. We have the luxury of making young players earn a spot and that's exactly what Dimma is doing with a couple of them. Work on their deficencies in the VFL before clogging up our list. Will make them better players and if good enough and willing to play Dimma's way, will stay in. It's very obvious that Lennon and McDonough are lacking in certain departments and intensity seems to be one of them. The penny will drop.

Last minute decision, but I think I might travel down to hopefully see the tiges get up.
What's my best option for getting a ticket?
Wanted to go myself. Only inner city accom available was $720 for 2 nights. Best of luck. Maybe you can get better deals. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back