Prediction Round 17, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How is bailey Williams a good/passable tap ruckman.

Anybody want to compile his tap work in one game and prove it.

Anyways Flynn should take number 1 spot. B Williams should be traded or sent to the twos

Last edited:
Bailey shouldn't of spent the entire pre season as a fwd he needed to work on his tapwork, Flynn was never a good player we got him because he was a surplus to needs at gws. Flynn is a significantly better tap ruckmen to Bailey but is unfit as ****. A normal club would have Bailey and Flynn compete for the number 1 spot, instead we rush Flynn back in underdone and have Bailey caught between 2 positions. Match committee have butchered us in the Ruck stocks AGAIN

we should go even taller for a larf

bring in Barnett and co

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

gave it a crack, this is the tallest hypothetical side I could put together:

FB: HEdwards (200) Barrass (197) Jamieson (201)
HB: Bazzo (195) McGovern (197) Rotham (193)
C: Maric (196) Culley (194) Hough (191)
HF: AReid (203) Darling (191) JWilliams (198)
FF: Allen (196) Waterman (192) Hutchinson (190)
Fol: Flynn (202) Yeo (191) Ginbey (191)

Int: Livingstone (200) Barnett (203) Hall (190) LEdwards (189)

Sub: Hunt (188)

I'm feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How is bailey Williams a good/passable tap ruckman.

Anybody want to compile his tap work in one game and prove it.
He's not. Having said that, he did have one hitout on the weekend in the 50 that setup a shot at goal, but that's the only one I can think of for the season (and probably last season). What I think is going under the radar and is worse than his ruck craft is how often he avoids taking possession of the ball or tackles. I could put together some damning vision that shows he consistently tries to knock the ball into space instead of taking possession, and steps around opponents so that he has to lunge at them (so that it never sticks) instead of going straight at them. Not someone I want in the team.

gave it a crack, this is the tallest hypothetical side I could put together:

FB: HEdwards (200) Barrass (197) Jamieson (201)
HB: Bazzo (195) McGovern (197) Rotham (193)
C: Maric (196) Culley (194) Hough (191)
HF: AReid (203) Darling (191) JWilliams (198)
FF: Allen (196) Waterman (192) Hutchinson (190)
Fol: Flynn (202) Yeo (191) Ginbey (191)

Int: Livingstone (200) Barnett (203) Hall (190) LEdwards (189)

Sub: Hunt (188)

Stuff State of Origin... Talls v Smalls!

All good...the lads have owned it...no problems here Duggan told me on the radio and Allen in the press conference reckons well will see a response this week

All good might as well extend Simmo another three years

All good...the lads have owned it...no problems here Duggan told me on the radio and Allen in the press conference reckons well will see a response this week

Heard it all before, i don't for a minute expect a response at all.

I’m not even sure if they gave new quotes or just replayed one of their pressers following another of the dozens of bad losses we’ve had over the last few years.

They’re pretty much interchangeable. “Not acceptable” blah blah “up to us to respond” blah blah see you in two weeks for more of the same.

One of WCE biggest issues and really should be what ends Simo’s tenure is “Credits in the bank”.

Darling 0 Marks, what a bloody joke! We all know if that was a younger player they’d be dropped. Cripps kicking at 40%, you accepting that from a senior player? Yes he will pop up every couple weeks…sounds a bit like eagles lately. The standard you walk by is the standards you accept.

An experienced player does not perform bloody drop them. If you want to change the culture time to start!

One of WCE biggest issues and really should be what ends Simo’s tenure is “Credits in the bank”.

Darling 0 Marks, what a bloody joke! We all know if that was a younger player they’d be dropped. Cripps kicking at 40%, you accepting that from a senior player? Yes he will pop up every couple weeks…sounds a bit like eagles lately. The standard you walk by is the standards you accept.

An experienced player does not perform bloody drop them. If you want to change the culture time to start!
Unfortunately you are opting for the crucifixion of unprepared kids while denuding the team of solid role players in the short term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately you are opting for the crucifixion of unprepared kids while denuding the team of solid role players in the short term.
I would suggest they are only underprepared because they rot in the WAFL in favour of guys like Gaff and Sheed but when they do get a game it’s as sub for half a quarter in a random gimp position - then they get dropped.

There’s a balance between throwing a bunch of underprepared kids to be crucified and playing a bunch of underperforming experienced players. I don’t think we’ve hit it.

Earlier in the season we were giving games to players like Johnston, Rawlinson and Dewar. Not all at once, but dribbling them through to give them a taste of seniors. Against the Hawks we had one player with less than 20 games experience - Reid.

What exactly has Flynn done, ever? I dont recall anything of note from him at GWS. Bizarre (small) hype around him when he signed. Hope I am proven wrong

Flynn was a decent ruck at GWS. Honest lump who could run out a game solo and made the oppo ruck really earn it, like a campaigner.

A Mumford, Nank, bash and crash type. Not elite, but honest and not a pushover. Would rarely get flogged.

If he had down games, it'd be when used as a part time ruck and sharing the duties with Mumford/Preuss etc. Kinda like how we're using him now :sick:

Either way he's been shit, and his posts are well below their usual level.

Why does it take a performance like that 10 times a year for them to "own it"

And what the **** does own it mean? I don't want them to own it and keep it like they will do it all the time.
I want them to make it a distant memory and stop doing it ffs.

Thought he’s been ok in a pretty thankless role, tbh.

If you want to have a discussion about whether he should be used in more of an inside role, or even whether we need to look more generally at how we use our wings given they seem to cover huge amounts of ground for no touches and we struggle to move the ball, I think that would be more productive than just bashing a kid.
The question is why he keeps getting a game week after week as though he's a walk up start in our best 22. He hasn't fired a shot all year. Just floats up and down the wing and shows no apparent desire to be involved in the game. When he does get a rare touch it's more good luck than good planning. It's sending a bad message to those in the WAFL that a bloke who is a non contributor just gets game after game.

One man's bashing a kid is another man's recognition of someone who doesn't deserve the games he's getting.

There’s a balance between throwing a bunch of underprepared kids to be crucified and playing a bunch of underperforming experienced players. I don’t think we’ve hit it.

Earlier in the season we were giving games to players like Johnston, Rawlinson and Dewar. Not all at once, but dribbling them through to give them a taste of seniors. Against the Hawks we had one player with less than 20 games experience - Reid.
These are not the actions of a coach who's trying to rebuild a team

The question is why he keeps getting a game week after week as though he's a walk up start in our best 22. He hasn't fired a shot all year. Just floats up and down the wing and shows no apparent desire to be involved in the game. When he does get a rare touch it's more good luck than good planning. It's sending a bad message to those in the WAFL that a bloke who is a non contributor just gets game after game.

One man's bashing a kid is another man's recognition of someone who doesn't deserve the games he's getting.

I agree his numbers and continuing to get games is somewhat perplexing. But part of me just wants to pump games into him as I reckon the alternative is either Gaff or Sheed and I really don't want that.

I will also add that I do see players continually burn him, either by hands or foot. There was one instance last game when when Duggan was charging out of the backline and Chesser was on the empty wing and immediately started sprinting past his opponent for the long ball over the top and Duggan looked at him and immediately went to the opposite wing that was basically 15 vs 15 players. It's happened multiple times this year in one way or another.

Simpson has everyone conned! He wants to coach next year and he believes the best way to do so is to play his mates. Gaff and sheed to come back in this week I'm sure

You must of been happy with your teams win on Sunday!

Sheed is still out injured, so need to concern yourself with him. We don’t play your team until next year now in any case.

That’s the exact same criticism that’s been leveled at other players who’ve been in the sacrificial “red wing” role. E.g. Masten, then Brander. Runs around filling space, doesn’t get enough touches etc etc.

If Chesser’s continuing to get picked in that role, maybe that shows he’s actually doing what’s being asked of him by the coaches.

Which is why I said a better topic of discussion might be (a) whether it’s an appropriate role for Chesser or (b) whether it’s a role we should still have.

He actually avoids getting near the ball. The idea that he should be an inside mid is a joke.

There were a lot more problems than him yesterday but he got three possessions in the first two minutes and then three for the rest of the game.

We’ve been carrying him for eighteen months and he needs to go to the twos and show he can actually play.
To be fair on Chesser there is a lot wrong right now at the club and I would hate to be a young player coming through and trying to establish yourself in this team.

Simpson hasn't even worked on ball movement so he probably has confusion as to which way the ball is going or where he needs to position himself.

He has played a few decent games I thought.

Unless you're reid and ginbey in the guts he and most other young players are going to struggle.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Carlton or Collingwood etc if he actually started to develop into a good player.

The rot in our side starts with the mid tier to senior players, not Chesser.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back