Game Day Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not bashing the umpires but the holding the ball interpretation in this game has resorted back to earlier on in the season and the game is much worse off for it.

I really hate the way we are bringing the ball in from a behind. It is so basic and so far, ineffective. Calsher Dear impressed me immensely due to his ability to take a contested grab from our deplorable kick-ins. Lews, Chol & Meek not only fail to take the grab, they also struggle to create a contest - which we have similarly been unable to win.

I know Mitch said we went in a bit tall, so we live & die by long down the line, but these kick-in strats are simply not working and ineffective. I really hope we spend a bit of time improving in this area moving fwd.

15 marks inside 50 to 3qtr time. That's the game right our inability to bring the ball to ground. Some have been from direct turnovers where they have been alone but we can't be bleeding like this if we're going to win games of footy. Lot to work on during the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could not handle the pressure.

Our skills and decision making were poor.

Defence put in a shocker.

Again all because we could not handle the heat at all, just not good enough today.

Complain about the umps as much as you want, we only have ourselves to blame. Beaten by the better team on the day.

Reality check peeps... we are still a little while away from learning how to play in a high pressure game. Found out by the Cats today.

Let's see how we respond this week, this was over at quarter time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back