Preview Round 17, 2024 : Geelong v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 6th July, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

They're saying the same about us. We've beaten no one other than Brisbane, who were out of form then.

Fascinating to see what our midfield does to theirs. Even with Danger in there.
Brisbane who won by 100+ points the week before they played us and have only lost to us since round 7?

Last edited:
Frenchy is playing his role and playing it very well. He isn't going anywhere.

Lewis in for Dear. Serong in for Sic. Morrison to start as sub again.

Easy changes for what will be a very tough game. This one will tell us how far we have actually come since round 5...
McKenzie had me at hello - absolutely love what he brings to the table - silky skills, speed, good size and is a genuine mid who knows how to kick goals - we haven’t had his type in the side for a very long time. Will be a genuine a grader, no doubt in my mind

If you go to the Squggle page, it gives you an overview of all the different algorithms and who they are picking to win for each game.

24 data sites, 2 have tipped us to win(1 a draw).

Interestingly the one that has tipped us to win by the biggest margin(21pts) has the highest accuracy rate( Data by Josh 74%) of all the algorithms.

Fingers crossed.

IMG_6170.jpeg

If Bruest is to come in and be the sub, it's for either Morrison or McKenzie to miss out IMO.

Frenchy's last 5 games; 16, 15, 14, 13 & 17.
H obviously came on and had 16 in 40 odd percent of game time.

Frenchy will be a better player and has more weapons, but who's best suited for this particular game with match ups and the like.
You're ignoring the goals he's kicked and the quality of the disposal.
He's a bona fide jet, and only scratching the surface. Going nowhere.

You're ignoring the goals he's kicked and the quality of the disposal.
He's a bona fide jet, and only scratching the surface. Going nowhere.
It's actually quite surprising when you see his stat sheet, you'd swear he had touched it a whole lot more. He's been very noticeable with only a few touches!

If Bruest is to come in and be the sub, it's for either Morrison or McKenzie to miss out IMO.

Frenchy's last 5 games; 16, 15, 14, 13 & 17.
H obviously came on and had 16 in 40 odd percent of game time.

Frenchy will be a better player and has more weapons, but who's best suited for this particular game with match ups and the like.
Mckenzie aint getting dropped

Brisbane who won by 100+ points the week before they played us and have only lost to us since round 7?
It's funny, whenever we're shown the "Premiership Window" which is being both top 6 in defence and offence it's Sydney, Brisbane and the Dogs in there. We've beaten 2 of the 3.

If we bring the high-pressure, quick ball movement style of play that we've been doing so well in recent weeks, AND finish well (which we haven't), we'll do them I reckon.

If only one of those is missing, they do us, and it could blow out if we let it.

Has Mollison been assigned to this game yet? The kent loves Geelong - overcoming umpire bias will be one of our biggest challenges this week…

These blokes have got a free ride from the umps every week this year and expect it to be even worse down there with the home crowd… will have to take them out of it early as we did last week…

Last edited:
Watto to get a high tackle free on the final siren and to kick the sealer after which he walks to the Selwood stand and tells them all to shoosh

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKenzie had me at hello - absolutely love what he brings to the table - silky skills, speed, good size and is a genuine mid who knows how to kick goals - we haven’t had his type in the side for a very long time. Will be a genuine a grader, no doubt in my mind

He's pretty strong overhead too. He will prove to be an inspired draft selection that will add real class and elite kicking skills to our midfield mix.

And if he's floating around the 50m mark then opposition coaches better put someone on him.

Went to their thread expecting typical Geelong arrogance, and was disappointed. They’re all quite reasonable. Assholes.
Not sure about reasonable, but many like me would be very surprised if we win this. Your MF and forwards are playing superbly, and being at Geelong has not been that significant for us.
Watching the Hawks play at present is weirdly enjoyable- good, strong, fast, competitive, exciting footy.
Won't enjoy it this Saturday.
What we do know is, this rivalry always delivers something special.

Has Mollison been assigned to this game yet? The kent loves Geelong - overcoming umpire bias will be one of our biggest challenges this week…

These blokes have got a free ride from the umps every week this year and expect it to be even worse down there with the home crowd… will have to take them out of it early as we did last week…

Yeah Im sweating on seeing that nipsy umpiring our game.

Always shafts us. Real look at me character who likes the easy targets and unfortunately we have a couple in Watson, Ginni and Sicily.

Not sure about reasonable, but many like me would be very surprised if we win this. Your MF and forwards are playing superbly, and being at Geelong has not been that significant for us.
Watching the Hawks play at present is weirdly enjoyable- good, strong, fast, competitive, exciting footy.
Won't enjoy it this Saturday.
What we do know is, this rivalry always delivers something special.
Agree. Classic rivalry that always delivers the goods.

No Sicily will hurt and test us, particularly in the shape/structure/leadership which I’m sure the Cats will be doing all they can to trouble us with.

I really hope we can get up for this. Would be huge for the young guys to come back from an interstate win and back it up at a ground that they have never been to.

No Sicily will hurt and test us, particularly in the shape/structure/leadership which I’m sure the Cats will be doing all they can to trouble us with.

I really hope we can get up for this. Would be huge for the young guys to come back from an interstate win and back it up at a ground that they have never been to.
Where have to heard that sic won’t play? I can almost guarantee you he’ll play

Where have to heard that sic won’t play? I can almost guarantee you he’ll play
Josh Gabelich.

Unlikely he plays. They’ll want his shoulder to settle down like last time, so that he can play more footy in a week or 2.

The 12.30pm train from Southern Cross to Geelong will become the Hawthorn Express.

From Geelong either walk to a pub or take the replacement coach to South Geelong.

I’ll have a look for nearby pubs to the ground tonight. Q

the catch is you have to stoop down low to enter the seating area.

Sawyers arms is a great old fashioned pub just across the road that do great meals!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back