Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With no Elliott and Schultz today I don't know why we didn't take the opportunity to give Reef more opportunity.

With Moore, Frampton, Howe, Maynard, Quaynor, Noble and WHE all named I would have excluded Markov in favour of a tall forward flanker in McInnes.

I've got the real fear he'll leave for more opportunity and flourish.

So either Howe to remain forward or we bring in Reef.

Out: McCreery (inj), Markov,
In: Schultz, Dean/McInnes
Sub: Sullivan (Richards into the 22)

Makes it even stranger that Richards was the sub. The way he played when he came on, he could have been a dangerous player inside our F50 for the Suns defenders.....🤔

Draper and Goldstein are going to use Cameron as a chew toy next week. If we don’t get ball out of the centre we’re 🤬. We saw how hard it was for us to get transition from our defence for long stretches against GC. DC is not a stand alone ruck with help from Krueger. Our best team has 2 rucks but we can’t do that atm.

We were lucky with injuries last year but this year not so much. Do we bring in Dean and play Frampton as that 2nd ruck coming off the bench not the forward line.
Honestly I think if they play both of them, that will help us on the way to the win. Draper looks lost as the 2nd ruck, no effect up forward at all. Geelong didn't even really have a ruck tonight and beat them. Cameron/Kreuger will be fine.

Essendon wont play against us like they played against Geelong. If you’ve been a Collingwood supporter more than 5 min, you’ll be aware we get the best version of every team. They fire up for their Grand Final against us.

sounds like we’ve lost McCreery, Maynard and Noble for this.

Richards starts for McCreery
Dean in for Maynard (not a like for lile, no one is to Bruz, but I was liking how Dean was coming along and happy to continue getting games into him)
HH can play Nobles role

Reef in as sub

Without noble and Maynard it might be hard to do, but I prefer Howe forward until Cox is back. Frampton stays back. Dean in. Krueger stays and does ruck with Cameron.

Hard not to feel it’s a bit hopeless again. Just not feeling like a top 4 side for most of this year. Only think helping is how close this years comp is aside from Sydney and somewhat Carlton now.

Last edited:
Would anybody consider Macrae for Sullivan or is Macrae cactus?
Last chance saloon?
Not sold on either, but just like to see how he went with De Goey, Crisp and Daicos around him?
Or has his shipped sailed…..

They are both very good players. Wright would have been a great fit for our side. Essendon got him for bugger all while we were in process of player and salary dumps due to mismanagement
Yet somehow we won a flag and the Bombers have not won a final in 20 years…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean in and Howey forward, gives us a bit of class up there. Richard’s in, gave us some spark and Shoota back.
It’s only Essendon.
With Hill, Richards and Shooter our small forward stocks are ok.
Yeah Dean back in for either Markov or Noble inj.
Deans form was improving, Markov wasn’t really shooting the lights out.
I know it’s a balance thing, but I’m sure we could have readjusted.

I didn’t think Markov was the worst in our backline at all. I thought Moore, Quaynor and Frampton all had worse games.

Moore I get scared every time he goes for a kick and handball too, as most of the time he kicks it straight to an opposition player and results in a turnover.

Quaynor was the same, just costly turnover kicks that result in scores against us.

I lost count of how many goals Frampton had kicked on him, and he gave away costly free kicks that resulted in goals as well.

We saw more of Markov’s run that had been missing over the past couple games which resulted in good chances, it’s just the the ball got turned over further along the chain almost every time. If even half of those resulted in goals or scores people wouldn’t be calling for him to be dropped.

I reckon just go unchanged next week if we can.

Just forced changes like Schultz for McCreery and if Noble is concussed, then maybe either Dean or Jiath for him, whether you want to go tall or short.

I think Maynard will be ok, just looked like a corky

Last edited:
Out: Maynard, Noble, McReery

In: Dean, Schulz, Reef

Swap Sullivan and Richards

Sullivan played his worst game for the club imo. Dropped or sub… either way

Reef in as for mine the pies were short a target inside 50 all night.

Would also like to see reef have brief spells on the ball at senior level if he comes in.

Not sure if Maynard right to go but if remotely iffy I’d rest him

OUT: McCreery - Markov
IN: Schultz - Dean

FB: Dean - Frampton - Maynard
HB: Noble - Moore - Quaynor
C: J. Daicos - Pendlebury - Lipinski
HF: Richards - Mihocek - Howe
FF: Schultz - Kreuger - Hill
FOLL: Cameron - De Goey - N. Daicos
INT: Crisp - Sidebottom - Harrison - Hoskin-Elliott
SUB: Sullivan

Howe to forward, I just worry about him down back. His day out against a woefully dysfunctional Dees forward line doesn't persuade me otherwise. Dean goes back, think he matches up well on Jones.

Richards back into the 22. No idea why he wasn't starting to begin with, thought that was a bad decision.

I didn’t think Markov was the worst in our backline at all. I thought Moore, Quaynor and Frampton all had worse games.

Moore I get scared every time he goes for a kick and handball too, as most of the time he kicks it straight to an opposition player and results in a turnover.

Quaynor was the same, just costly turnover kicks that result in scores against us.

I lost count of how many goals Frampton had kicked on him, and he gave away costly free kicks that resulted in goals as well.

We saw more of Markov’s run that had been missing over the past couple games which resulted in good chances, it’s just the the ball got turned over further along the chain almost every time. If even half of those resulted in goals or scores people wouldn’t be calling for him to be dropped.

I reckon just go unchanged next week if we can.

Just forced changes like Schultz for McCreery and if Noble is concussed, then maybe either Dean or Jiath for him, whether you want to go tall or short.

I think Maynard will be ok, just looked like a corky
Markov not being worse than Frampton, Moore and Quaynor doesn't mean it wasn't an awful performance.

Fumbly , low football iq decisions. Which is being more exposed more this year. After a purple patch last year.

But if Noble is out you probably have to keep him in, as the depth is not there and you hope he can pull it back together in that role.

B: Maynard Moore Dean
HB: WHE Frampton Noble
C: Sidebottom Pendlebury Jaicos
HF: Hill Mihocek Naicos
F: Schultz Kreuger Howe
FOLL: Cameron Crisp DeGoey

I/C: Quaynor, Lipinski, Richards, McInnes Harrison (sub)

EMG: Sullivan, Jiath, Markov

IN: Dean, Schultz, McInnes
OUT: Markov (Omitted), McCreery (injured), Sullivan (Omitted)
How can Noble not be out with concussion???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back