Carlton 50 50
Swans 50.50
Lions 50.50
Melbourne = win
4 wins get finals
5 = home
6 = top 4
8 top 2
Win the 3 we should and pick up.a probable and it's on.
Top 4 is win the wins and probables and snag one of Carlton Sydney or lions.
Definitely doable. Top 2 maybe a stretch.
I for one am not entirely convinced by Carlton. Their onslaught today was them running out of gas.
I agree we need players back but their coming back.
Still reckon Hawks have been a hard team to get over no matter the journey over the last decade or so.

Need to win this, otherwise our top 4 hopes will start to evaporate. Fly's body language in the post-match presser suggests he'll be demanding a big performance this weekend.

I'm pretty optimistic after De Goey, Pendles and Checkers all got through the Gold Coast game unscathed. They'll be better for the run.

IN: Schultz, Dean
OUT: McCreery, Noble

Need to win this, otherwise our top 4 hopes will start to evaporate. Fly's body language in the post-match presser suggests he'll be demanding a big performance this weekend.

I'm pretty optimistic after De Goey, Pendles and Checkers all got through the Gold Coast game unscathed. They'll be better for the run.

IN: Schultz, Dean
OUT: McCreery, Noble
De Goey was bloody good, if he's better for the run he'll be sensational!

Jeez some weird shit gets suggested here after a loss. Imagine thinking that you could just randomly throw Kreuger in to defence for the first time in 4 years and he’d do a better job than our actual key defenders…

Well we threw Howe forward and when that originally came to pass, he hadn't played there for quite a few years.

Essendon = probable win
Geelong = pw
Hawthorn win
Richmond = win
Carlton 50 50
Swans 50.50
Lions 50.50
Melbourne = win
4 wins get finals
5 = home
6 = top 4
8 top 2
I for one am not entirely convinced by Carlton. Their onslaught today was them running out of gas.
You’ve got more confidence than me. Rich=win Hawks maybe the rest I’m not saying no chance but we’d have to have a major change of luck with injuries and form. The form has been terrible, we let North get 54 points up, if that doesn’t scare you about our form nothing will.

Well we threw Howe forward and when that originally came to pass, he hadn't played there for quite a few years.
We didn't replace an experienced forward with Howe. We put him forward because we had no tall forward options left through injury & we had enough defenders to fill the role of Howe.

That's not what this poster was suggesting. They want to drop a tall defender & replace them with Kreuger...!! 🤪

True, but he’d had roughly 100 games of prior experience in the role. Hardly comparable to Kreuger who’s literally got 1 AFL game experience as a defender and trained in the role with Geelong for like, 6 months. Chucking him in defence and expecting him to miraculously be competent in what is for all intents and purposes a foreign role is just nonsense. Especially in a system based defence like ours.

You’ve got more confidence than me. Rich=win Hawks maybe the rest I’m not saying no chance but we’d have to have a major change of luck with injuries and form. The form has been terrible, we let North get 54 points up, if that doesn’t scare you about our form nothing will.

Agree, our form has been nothing to get excited about in our last 2 games. We have probably played 50 mins of really good football out of a possible 240 mins of footy.
Our form needs to really turnaround, and turnaround quickly, as a loss this Friday night would be horrendous.....

Essendon = probable win
Geelong = pw
Hawthorn win
Richmond = win
Carlton 50 50
Swans 50.50
Lions 50.50
Melbourne = win
4 wins get finals
5 = home
6 = top 4
8 top 2
Hawthorn a win? With their rampaging form and our continual inability to put them away when they are crap, let alone flying I would suggest they would be favourites before the clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we’re a tall forward short. Should bring in Erye to play next to Mihocek with Kreuger the third tall/second ruck.
Krueger is a terrible back up ruck I know we have few alternatives till Cox is available but dearie me- he is poor. Teakle looked like Gawn on steroids against Freddy

Krueger is a terrible back up ruck I know we have few alternatives till Cox is available but dearie me- he is poor. Teakle looked like Gawn on steroids against Freddy
I like Teakle and think we should have signed him over Bytel. But he won a total of 4 hit outs that game.

You’re massively overrating his impact that game and are massively overstating Kreuger’s inability to ruck.

Whatever we do in defence I just think we really struggle to match up against their forward line. Stringer Langford and Wright regularly torch us

Could be a long night unless we are close to our best (which we rarely have been in this hangover year)

Yeah, I admit it’s an out there call. I’d love to see it though, but obviously highly unlikely.
What characteristic does Moore have that would suggest he could be a strong midfielder at AFL level? I can't think of a single one. He's not agile, he's not aerobically fit, he doesn't win the ground ball, he doesn't accumulate, he isn't a great kick, he isn't a great tackler, he's not burst quick, he isn't a great handballer. Most midfielders need 3-4 of these things to be competitive. And please don't say that he could dominate the opposition 'ruck rover' in the air...

Moore's position set is key position forward or back, or ruck - that's it.

I think we are missing Cox more than we think. Even though he can be frustrating I always have confidence when he goes into the ruck. It has been a luxury having two players who can have an influence in the ruck most games as opposed to Krueger who is really just hoping he can compete in their.
Cox would have been a great match up for Witts on the weekend and may have been able to minimise his influence and change the result in our favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back