Autopsy Round 18, 2023 : Hawks wallop Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Amon BOG followed closely by Worp.

Frosts best game for us.

Happy with Finn today.

Frustrating game to watch, but North are rubbish if we smack em like that, playing that badly.
Agree. I think Amon’s disposal is more damaging and gave him the edge.
Both were excellent though.

Can’t wait to see Weddle given full license to ping them from outside 50. We’re lacking another tall threat to be finessing our entries and aside from those times when Bruest turns the clock back, we’re a Wizard shy of being a threat off the deck. Long range scoring capacity is there with the likes of Weddle, Amon and Impey.

Can’t wait to see Weddle given full license to ping them from outside 50. We’re lacking another tall threat to be finessing our entries and aside from those times when Bruest turns the clock back, we’re a Wizard shy of being a threat off the deck. Long range scoring capacity is there with the likes of Weddle, Amon and Impey.
Id rather he have a shot from 50m than try to find a team mate with 16 opposition players inside our forward fifty. Its a massive advantage to have that length and we should exploit it.

Good win in the end. Could’ve been a massive win if we’d had our kicking boots on in the first.

Thought the mids were excellent. Best game for the club from Amon. Nash, Worpel and Newk were great all day. Moore Ward and CMac added plenty to the midfield mix.

Frost was very good, as were Weddle and Dimma. Sicily was quieter than normal but still played his role. Impey provided lots of drive and Day was cool with ball in hand.

Liked DGB’s impact up forward again. Play him again next week.

I agree, happy with what he does offer but the player he could be if he took the marks he gets his hands to is one that pushes for AA status.
One of the reasons he doesn't take marks is because he can't get to enough contests. And the ones he does he generally fluffs. To even mention him and AA in the same sentence is extraordinary.

Ward just keeps finding the ball and making good decisions.

CMac flying under the radar in the media.

Frenchy still to come. It's going to be a headache figuring out how we fit all these players in.
Not really. Jam the midfield full of talent, then find a forward or two who can get on the end of it.

One of the reasons he doesn't take marks is because he can't get to enough contests. And the ones he does he generally fluffs. To even mention him and AA in the same sentence is extraordinary.
He had 3 or 4 really bad misses today, all very grabbable. He generally does every week.

If he does take 3 or 4 big contested grabs a week instead of fumbling 3 or 4 a week then he becomes a much better player. Take arguably the best tap ruck in the competition and chuck him into a wide open post-Gawn ruck competition, why is it extraordinary?

If you want to talk about workrate, wtf did Naitanui ever do around the ground? Bloke was an AA averaging **** all time on ground, less than 1 contested mark a game and barely any marks around the ground.

great win, real improvement is needed to get off the kellie underwood timeslot.

"here's Nash, with some Dash"
Too true

or “here is Rowell with real growl”

yes yes I know it’s bad. But so too is here calling

was a little worried that North would be really hungry for this and make it a scrap but there is clearly a big gap between the two sides. probably should've done to them what we did to WCE a few months ago. our fwd impotency is frustrating but we have time to figure it out. some of my positive thoughts on individuals:

• Scrim was impressive aerially in the 1st half when the game was still in the balance
  • Similarly I thought Brockman's first half left a bit on the table but I thought he had some awesome defensive efforts in the 2nd half
  • Reeves knows what he has to do to take his game to the next level. You can see hes' really trying to provide a presence and take marks around the ground, but he still doesn't quite have full control over his body. It might never come but getting to the right spots is the first challenge. Now he just needs to complete his good work. Otherwise as always his tap work was excellent
  • Sicily was defensively unstoppable in the contests he was involved in however they quelled his game quite significantly. But Scrim, Impey and Amon picked up the slack
  • Chad looked engaged. He has been much improved since coming back in. Shame it's coming at the end of the season again but when Chad has confidence in his body and gets a run on he has played well at the club.
  • Moore has been out of touch most of the year i think. he's missing that no-fumble cleanliness that made him so damaging last year. yet his workrate is so good that he creates so many options both defensively and offensively.
  • Frost playing well makes our backline look so much better. I know we need to find his replacement sooner rather than later but it's nice to see him put in such a good game after a while below his best
  • Newcombe and Nash were a nightmare for North's mids. They had nobody that could match their strength. Broken tackle and clean possession in contest just happened time and time again. Wardlaw going down for them obviously didn't help
  • Worpel was my best on ground. He controlled the game out of the midfield. Coulda kicked a few more goals too
  • Cmac is really flipping fast. This was one of his better games
  • Ward really racks em up. Someone who went can maybe confirm but it looks like he's spending a bit of time at HB? I really like the flexibility of our current mid set up.
  • Nick Dal Santo's commentary annoyed the fk out of me

winning is fun. hope there's a couple more left for 2023

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The North board is a rough read as it stands.
6 game won in 3 years is outrageous and their list managers need to be moved on at the end of the main season*

*keep them away from this years draft.

A bit like the eagles game, not sure how much to take from that other than North are getting worse not better. If they didn't have Sheezle jeez they'd be devoid of all hope. Poor Sheez.

Frost gave Larkey a bath. His best game of the year.
Ditto Amon, his best game for us.
No big grabs from Weddle this week but plenty of run which is great.
Would have liked our young forwards to feast on the kanga carcass a bit more but hey, after that first half I'll take a 40pt win.

Crazy how they are starting to turn on LDU.

Giving Ninthmond supporters a run for their money.
I am so glad this autoedit has been revoked.

Still had his Frosty moment when he charged off Larkey to get nowhere near impacting an 1 on 1 contest that Weddle was involved in and watch the ball go over his head to Larkey for a goal
Larkey still had a tough shot which IMO he arsed. Frost actually made the right call in that play but about 2 seconds too late. Apart from that he was very good. Best game he has played all year.

Cmac31 had 27 and kicked a goal.
2nd year player flying right under the radar. Media don't even mention him.
If he played for the Dons we'd never hear the end of it.
What i love is that he is playing with so much more intensity than he was at the start if the year. You can see that it has clicked for him now and he knows what he has to bring to be a good afl player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2023 : Hawks wallop Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back