Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

A year to forget for Darcy Moore. He can't get a kick or read any contest with confidence at the minute and yet they don't plant him on the opposition's best forward.

Really feel for IQ tonight. Was left on an island to play on one of the best forwards in the competition and battled all night, while our 'fearless' captain roamed across half back on a 4th gamer and had absolutely zero impact.

It's gotten to the point you may as well just throw him forward for the rest of the year.

For the first time I'm questioning Craig McRae's gameday tactics.
Our tactics weren’t the issue. It’s the personnel.

If we wanted to bomb it long like we normally do the margin would’ve been worse.

We had a small forward line. We lowered our eyes, tried the territory game and took quite a lot of marks inside fifty because we lowered the eyes.

Where we got absolutely smashed was in the middle. I though Cameron was great but our on ball brigade was well beaten.

Too many players that just aren’t up to it and when you’ve got so many players out, the role players like Harrison, Richard’s, Markov get found out big time.

Need a key back. Barrass.

McInness is never going to be the answer and DeGoey just tries when he wants too. Long has only played two games but he’s treakle slow. Don’t get me started on Hills showboating. Just do the simple things well.

The season is gone. We are cooked. We are just not playing anywhere near good enough.

Last edited:

Think that’s our season done and dusted.
We battled hard in the second quarter of the season, but injuries have got the better of us since the dogs game. Missing our manic run and besides the north game we’ve ended games dead on our feet.

So many players playing well beneath their best this season. I really didn't think the flag would take this much hunger from us, but it really did. Chuck in a few injuries and we're done. Q

I don't mind losing with effort, but 145 f÷_ing marks to Geelong. And after last week, are you kidding me?
After last weeks 135 odd opposition marks you would have thought forcing a contest would have been a priority. You can’t leave the footy in the hands of your opposition all night without trying to get it off them or force the ball to ground & expect a good result. 280 opposition marks in the last 2 weeks. Has to be a record & not one we can be proud of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the 3rd week in a row resulting in our 3rd loss consecutive

1720787198741.png

With a sprinke of "keepings off" to prevent any possible last qtr comeback. We were pathetic in the last chasing their tails around.

1720787294025.png

We keep getting beaten the same way. It will continue this way until we stop bullshitting around with the football (Hill I'm looking at you mostly) and start building a lead into 3 qtr time to force the opposition to chase the game, otherwise it will be more of this crap next week too. The Hawks will chip through us like a hot knife through butter.

Geelong outran us all night, our tackles didn't stick and our skills were 5% off where they need to be. Teams have worked out our game plan. Back to the drawing board for McRae and the coaching panel.

We are a bottom 3/4 team on form because:

1. Our defensive zone is absolutely horrendous. Any behind or turnover within 50 of goal is a free pass for the opponent to get it back the other end with ease.

2. The midfield can’t get it forward enough, we have zero field position because we have no stoppage defensive efforts and are obsessed with our shit zone in the middle of the ground. Most of our midfielders can’t tackle including Pendles who has one arm.

3. Clearly our coaching strategy is poor this year is it a result of Wright having his spell?

Three very ordinary teams have had our measure this month, time to shake things up.

form, hunger and injuries. Seasons done.

Postives are weve played and tried lots of new face. Some big decisions needed in off season and work on rebuilding the list without dropping off like the tigers

Can’t remedy it now, but McRae has to address the uncontested footy Oppo sides are playing. We’ve been worked out and changes are needed. Footy always evolves.

All we can do now is look to shape the 8 somewhat

Bookmark this; Fly will say in the presser that we didn’t play with dare, didn’t go fast enough in the last. Would rather we lose by 10 goals by trying to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back