Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazed at the posters who seem to have been blessed with the extraordinary gift of hindsight, and who come to these threads to point out everything that’s wrong, including with the coaching.

I must have missed their posts in February and March where these disasters were predicted.

To be fair, I spoke of my concerns after watching Take The Steps and also the North practice game

Last edited:
The high press of our forwards is now too predictable. Sides are just keeping loose defenders back and chipping the ball around and eventually through us. We need to have another strategy to counter sides doing that. Probably too late in the year to implement a second strategy.
There should be different modes of game plans.
It should also vary on the team, trying to take away their strengths and expose their weaknesses.
We seem to very much be a lets roll the doce and see who comes up trumps. But this becomes difficult when you then get robbed of the opportunity for chaotic, quick ball movement and the opp sit on your trump card.

Now you’re just being silly.

We lost to a team that’s in the top 4.

We had the highest tackle count in a month. The pressure was there, particularly early on.

We are nowhere near a bottom 4 side.
We are rubbish.

It's making me sick listening to Chris Scott right now. God he's insufferable.

Whilst I can’t bring myself to give the season up until that becomes a reality we look a bit like a team of individuals trying to do their roles but just not cohering as a team with any consistency. Injuries have played a role but feels like something is just missing. Need to find whatever that is. Still in there but tenuously.

We didn't give a Yelp in the last QTR when it was all on the line.??? WTF! It was such a limp effort.

Fighting desperately for a comeback win has been our trademark for 2 years. They just couldn't be bothered tonight.
At the game it honestly looked like they were trying. The issue was Geelong was set up to chip mark and kill openplay at every opportunity. We had no response ready and couldn't get our hands on the ball

Look Moore has had a poor season.
But trading him is surely a joke, he could easily come back next year and play at an AA level again
I reckon his peaked and for once I would like to see us be bold get back into the draft

Also I love Darcy but if not him who?

Would ya do for 2 x first round picks from say Melbourne (like his old man)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post - the lack of perspectives by many is unfortunate.
Perspective?
We are finished. If you can’t see that then maybe you need a better perspective.
We don’t work anywhere near hard enough to challenge any side in contention.

The season is over.

He atleast tries to create run and dash.

He’s back to running and dashing into trouble which is what got him dropped last year. He’s lucky that there just isn’t anyone to replace him. Markov the same at the moment. Just cruels our offensive transition when the ball is getting turned over as often as it is.

I reckon his peaked and for once I would like to see us be bold get back into the draft

Also I love Darcy but if not him who?

Would ya do for 2 x first round picks from say Melbourne (like his old man)

Nobody is paying that price based on 2024.

It’s basically a Harrison Petty situation.

The stats like Geelong’s uncontested marking dominance?
Our CP Tackles and total distance covered wins - make the “lack of effort” laments hollow.

We failed to capitalize on our HO dominance which was 64-22.
That was the ball game IMO - our stoppage and clearance work let us down.

Last edited:
As much as I’ve loved Fly I’m starting to wonder how much of the on field traditional coaching he actually does

Starting to wonder if Leppa and Bolts were doing more of the traditional stuff and with them two no longer there in that role, we just look like we did under Buckley
Yes I think the shift in the coaching staff roles is showing Fly up now. I think he’s maybe out of his depth without them.

Personally I’m starting to lose confidence in him. This side is not motivated.

I'm actually really surprised at how flat we have been post-bye. I expected we would freshen up and get on a roll but it has been the opposite. Did that North comeback game really take the last bit of fight out of us? Since then the effort has been more of a team trying to stay in the game and not lose by too much rather than a team looking to take the game away from the opposition. Have we won a game this year where you could say that we controlled that game? Maybe the Lions game only, even the Port win came after being well down. This season has just never got rolling.

Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back