Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

No point over analysing a very disappointing evening.
Too many skill errors and poor decisions.
Bobby Hill MIA.
Joe Richards did a couple of good things - sign him up!
Good to see Jamie back.
Time to start planning September holidays.
Over analysing and debriefing after another very disappointing and season ending loss is exactly what this forum is all about.

I don't know what others have been saying. I love Fly but when the team loses and is out of finals contention (as we are) fans are entitled to be frustrated and angry if the team performs in a listless manner. We have struggled to play 4 quarters all year even when we had a strong line up. This has to be addressed.

Injuries have absolutely wrecked our season but that has nothing to do with Degoey's inability to play consistently high quality footy. You watch Dangerfield at 34 years of age exploding out of the middle repeatedly and gathering his 30 possessions while Jordie jogs along, does some nice things, kicks a snag and jogs along. We talk about Reef lacking a tank, but Degoey is either lazy or simply doesn't have the physical capacity to play at the level Dangerfield does for four quarters.

Moore is a shadow of himself, Maynard has been poor in recent weeks. It's the flat, listless footy we are witnessing as the opposition chip the pill with embarrassing ease and make us look like witches' hats. It's rather humiliating. WE just couldn't get our hands on the ball. I read last week someone expressing their disappointment over the crowd's support at games this year eg. the Collingwood chant, but there is a reason for this. In most games the players simply haven't played the style of footy which a big, passionate fan base feeds off. You can't manufacture excitement, passion and pride. I think the lack of crowd involvement is a reflection of our footy this year. Mostly pedestrian and dare I say it-boring.
Re the bolded, I don’t think the fans are ‘entitled’ to any such thing, if it manifests in petulant, ill considered or abusive posts.

Re the bolded, I don’t think the fans are ‘entitled’ to any such thing, if it manifests in petulant, ill considered or abusive posts.
Did I say it did? Can you give some examples of this abuse? Criticism and strong words are a part of any football competition when a team is going through a rough patch. If it's personal, then that's unacceptable but if it's footy focused then people are entitled to vent.

I wonder if Darcy Moore feels insulted or embarrassed when he lines up on Stengle or other smalls and mid-sized players and looks across to see Quaynor on Jeremy Cameron?
... Surely there comes a time when the captain says "I'm taking the biggest and best forward of the opposition" and then proceeds to beat his opponent and inspire his team.
That would be a pleasant change...

Think that’s our season done and dusted.
A bit of an over exaggeration, granted we have a lot to improve on but the season is not over!

We were tactically out manoeuvred this evening. We need to release Ned Long to play his game, he was ineffective against Stewart in a negating role. How did we allow so many uncontested marks. We didn’t execute in key moments and that was the difference.

Krueger is an athlete, not a footballer. Markov had a game to forget, just don’t know who comes back in for him! Sidey I thought was pretty average, improved in the second half.

Our backline has lost its aura, and we aren’t rebounding as effectively. The dashing runs by Moore, IQ, Maynard are not as frequent. Wtf are you playing IQ on Cameron?!

On the flip side, Richards is looking likely. WHE is playing really well, these are our bottom end players…improvement will come from the top end elite talent that we have. We are not too far off, also need McRae to be more tactically astute on game day.

What did you hear? Are you able to tell us.

Had just been hearing that many of the players weren’t happy with the coaching merry go round

But also a few things non-player related that I won’t go into

Again, I had initially dismissed it all (as most would) given it was fairly early in the pre-season and I hadn’t seen anything to suggest there was validity to it

Like, had I said something back then the way this board treats any kind of negativity I would have had my head taken off

But seeing how the season has played out and more specifically the way the players seem to be playing without any sort of passion or care I guess there was some validity to it

Did you need to?
I'm confused. I have never abused anyone or any player win lose or draw. I was not condoning abuse-I was saying fans are entitled to express their frustration with the coach, players and gameplan regardless of whether we won the flag last year.

Abuse is a subjective word and I wanted to know what kind of abuse you were referring to as I haven't read anything tonight which has crossed the line.

Here’s an idea - maybe you should spend some time understanding that emotive diatribe and vacuous opinion is no substitute for facts.

Here’s a fact

All the distance we’re covering? Ain’t doing shit lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point over analysing a very disappointing evening.
Too many skill errors and poor decisions.
Bobby Hill MIA.
Joe Richards did a couple of good things - sign him up!
Good to see Jamie back.
Time to start planning September holidays.
I'm afraid seeing Darcy Moore & Bobby Hill all smiles after the game had me gnashing my teeth.

Had just been hearing that many of the players weren’t happy with the coaching merry go round

Again, I had initially dismissed it all (as most would) given it was fairly early in the pre-season and I hadn’t seen anything to suggest there was validity to it

Like, had I said something back then the way this board treats any kind of negativity I would have had my head taken off

But seeing how the season has played out and more specifically the way the players seem to be playing without any sort of passion or care I guess there was some validity to it
That makes no sense. Why would the players lose the care factor because of a few off field changes to the coaching department? Nobody was sacked or stabbed in the back. I'm not sure what the issue would be.

As if the loss isn’t bad enough, we have to suffer your trash about player unrest.

Please stop posting lies.

It’s embarrassing

As if the loss isn’t bad enough, we have to suffer your trash about player unrest.

Please stop posting lies.

It’s embarrassing

Now imagine your reaction if I had mentioned this back when I heard it in Jan/Feb lol

I'm afraid seeing Darcy Moore & Bobby Hill all smiles after the game had me gnashing my teeth.
That always blows my mind. Have a laugh with your mates in the inner sanctum but please show a modicum of respect to the fans who turn up every week rain hail or shine and bleed over every loss. They are week defining and now season defining-and I felt gutted tonight. I understand the injury toll is definitely a huge factor, but we have looked very flat and low on energy/passion and this is very disheartening to watch.

We trudge off into the night feeling miserable and reflecting on a year that never got going and regardless of the reasons for the smiles, laughs and chats- it is galling for the fans who invest so much to see it. Shake hands, be polite then get off.

There has to be a reason why we don't cover the switch play on the wing. The play that allows the easy transition forward. Every team does it to us. At the ground it looks like NBA basketball when they get it in there backline or from a kick out then we wait to defend their forward line.

I can see whats wrong but I must be an idiot as it has happened all season and we let it go.

Remember we have only won eight out of seventeen games!! plus two draws

The idea that we get better every week and we live in a positive space belies the uncontested possession football that beats us.

Smashed in every loss at centre clearances and really struggling to get he ball inside 50.

Every loss is a carbon copy repeated??????

On a different tack from others here. I wanted Long developed as a run with tagger. In his second game for us, he did well in parts on Dangerfield and Stewart. Give him time. They are both a class above him right now but I watched closely and without much support, he did well on many occasions. We need him to learn this role.

Lastly if we are not going to make finals can we please play our GF against the scum and win. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Now imagine your reaction if I had mentioned this back when I heard it in Jan/Feb lol
Please stop making up lies to boost your image.
It’s really embarrassing

I'm confused. I have never abused anyone or any player win lose or draw. I was not condoning abuse-I was saying fans are entitled to express their frustration with the coach, players and gameplan regardless of whether we won the flag last year.

Abuse is a subjective word and I wanted to know what kind of abuse you were referring to as I haven't read anything tonight which has crossed the line.
I have not accused you of abusing anyone.

There’s been abuse of players on here tonight - game day thread?

It is a subjective word - what you might read as frustration I might read as abuse.

As I posted above, I’m not saying the coach - and I’ll add the club - are above criticism or reproach.

It’s how it’s expressed, and the thought (or lack of) which goes into the criticism.

Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back