Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Please stop making up lies to boost your image.
It’s really embarrassing

Boost what image lol

This board deals with negativity horribly, what image would I be boosting in this place with what I had heard?

Especially if I had mentioned it fresh off a flag before the season had even started lol

Boost what image lol

This board deals with negativity horribly, what image would I be boosting in this place with what I had heard?

Especially if I had mentioned it fresh off a flag before the season had even started lol
You keep taking about it. Even though you made it up.

I have not accused you of abusing anyone.

There’s been abuse of players on here tonight - game day thread?

It is a subjective word - what you might read as frustration I might read as abuse.

As I posted above, I’m not saying the coach - and I’ll add the club - are above criticism or reproach.

It’s how it’s expressed, and the thought (or lack of) which goes into the criticism.
I agree if it's nasty and personal. Game day threads are always like that because emotions are high as the game and season is on the line. I'm sure many would take things they said back, on reflection. I know I said a couple of things tonight out of frustration at the game because you know how consequential mistakes can be (and were).

I get offended by the use of the word spud and dud. That's a popular one on the game day threads.

Reckon it’s more than that.

I had been hearing murmurs and rumours of unrest prior to the season starting around all the coaching changes and kinda dismissed it somewhat as I hadn’t seen anything yet to suggest there was any substance to it

But after seeing Take the Steps and voicing my concern about how…final it all felt, then seeing our performances in those practice matches, I started to wonder if there was some truth to the rumours I had heard

Seeing how the season has played out it’s safe to say everything I had heard was probably spot on
Gawd, what a load.

We were done before the moment Dave projected he was confident about this game lol

Our effort, pressure was much better. Our skill and execution wasn't. Our kicking was horrendous. Still many senior players down on form.

Bringing Reef on with 10 mins to go when we were being smashed and couldn't get the ball up in the F50 was pure genius...
He should have started. The sooner they take away this sub role and make it 5 on the bench the better. This does no favours to the player in question.

Thought Long did a fairly good job on Stewart. Its clear he was being played with a specific role tonight.

IQ was better, but was surprised they had him on Cameron. That was gutsy, but he did okay with that role. But you can never keep cameron down, so he kicked a couple goals.

Still struggled in the midfield again.

Of course Geelong watched how Essendon beat us last week, using the uncontested marks, and put it to work. They did the same thing and we didn't do a thing to stop it.

Its gonna be very hard from here. Our season is likely done. Even if we scrape into the 8, it wont mean much. Its not a crime to admit that its' just not our year. We have been like this most of the year.

Onto Hawthorn. Please... let us win that.

Bobby has been very, very disappointing this year. He's not alone.
Moore, Quaynor, Maynard, Markov, McCreery, Mihocek, Johnson, Josh Daicos and Fin Macrae have all gone backwards.
That form collapse coupled with a terrible injury toll, explains our lack of wins.

What is it with us and centre clearances? It seems we get smashed every week-the opposition takes the ball out in clear space, with the time to tuck the ball under their arm, run and straighten up before delivering dangerous unpressured kicks deep into their forward line.

Us? Nick aside, most weeks it's either a mongrel sky ball kicked under intense pressure, a kick wide to the wing or a dribbler that rolls toward our forward line but is swept away by the opposition. With Degoey, Nick Daicos and a dominant ruckmen- surely, we could at least win our fair share of centre breaks. But we don't. What in the name of God are we doing wrong?

I get offended by the use of the word spud and dud.
Those are two lazy and offensive descriptions of footballers.

Anyone who makes it onto an AFL list is a very talented footballer. Total list sizes of 720-750 in the AFL - with hundreds of thousands of footballers in the country? Maths is not my strong point point, but these figures indicate that even to get onto a list is an exceptional achievement.

We were done before the moment Dave projected he was confident about this game lol

Our effort, pressure was much better. Our skill and execution wasn't. Our kicking was horrendous. Still many senior players down on form.

Bringing Reef on with 10 mins to go when we were being smashed and couldn't get the ball up in the F50 was pure genius...
He should have started. The sooner they take away this sub role and make it 5 on the bench the better. This does no favours to the player in question.

Thought Long did a fairly good job on Stewart. Its clear he was being played with a specific role tonight.

IQ was better, but was surprised they had him on Cameron. That was gutsy, but he did okay with that role. But you can never keep cameron down, so he kicked a couple goals.

Of course Geelong watched how Essendon beat us last week, using the uncontested marks, and put it to work. They did the same thing and we didn't do a thing to stop it.

Its gonna be very hard from here. Our season is likely done. Even if we scrape into the 8, it wont mean much. Its not a crime to admit that its' just not our year. We have been like this most of the year.

I'd like to think Long was doing a job, but boy he looked slow in leg speed and his movement in general. I can see how he would dominate a lower level, he has good hands and used it well when he got it, but I can see why the Hawks delisted him. The game might just be too quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever you need to tell yourself sweetheart

Go have another drink
You’ve really embarrassed yourself tonight.
We are all disappointed in the season.
But we don’t go pretending to have information about players being unhappy.

Have to wonder why you would feel the need to say such things.

Is it the need for attention?

We struggle with Hawthorn at the best of times

Don’t see how we get within 8-10 goals of them next week with the way we’re playing and how they play against us

I can totally see Richmond absolutely preparing themselves to get up just for the game against us as their Grand Final for the rest of the season too.

I said before that I know people will keep pointing to injuries as a reason for all this but I still don’t understand the logic behind how injuries affect the players out there doing what they’re doing?

Like, can someone tell me the correlation between Mihocek being injured and Bobby Hill trying to be too cute, not putting any pressure on and allowing his man to run off him all night?

Or how Mitchell being injured means Darcy Moore continues to play 30 metres off his man and jog to defensive 50 with no urgency?

Or maybe how Cox being injured means De Goey is doing no defensive running and executes terrible disposals?

It just seems like funny logic to me

Effort is something that’s within a players control at all times. When you see a lack of effort and desire, there’s other issues other than injuries. That’s my disappointment.

You would have more credibility today if you had - which means it’s all fantasy, because you love to grandstand, and couldn’t have resisted the temptation to tell all if it actually was true.

I literally said that I didn’t really give it much credence because the season hadn’t started yet. So I had seen nothing to suggest there was any validity to it

Like, some of you are melting down over it now. Imagine if I had said it back then. Before we had even played a practice game lol

Most of you are atrocious at dealing with negativity. Like I would have brought that to the table before the season had even started

We struggle with Hawthorn at the best of times

Don’t see how we get within 8-10 goals of them next week with the way we’re playing and how they play against us

I can totally see Richmond absolutely preparing themselves to get up just for the game against us as their Grand Final for the rest of the season too.

I said before that I know people will keep pointing to injuries as a reason for all this but I still don’t understand the logic behind how injuries affect the insurers out there doing what they’re doing?

Like, can someone tell me the correlation between Mihocek being injured and Bobby Hill trying to be too cute, not putting any pressure on and allowing his man to run off him all night?

Or how Mitchell being injured means Darcy Moore continues to play 30 metres off his man and jog to defensive 50 with no urgency?

Or maybe how Cox being injured means De Goey is doing no defensive running and executes terrible disposals?

It just seems like funny logic to me

Effort is something that’s within a players control at all times. When you see a lack of effort and desire, there’s other issues other than injuries. That’s my disappointment.
Oh god, please stop.

I literally said that I didn’t really give it much credence because the season hadn’t started yet. So I had seen nothing to suggest there was any validity to it

Like, some of you are melting down over it now. Imagine if I had said it back then. Before we had even played a practice game lol

Most of you are atrocious at dealing with negativity. Like I would have brought that to the table before the season had even started
I literally said…

Are you 15?

What is it with us and centre clearances? It seems we get smashed every week-the opposition takes the ball out in clear space, with the time to tuck the ball under their arm, run and straighten up before delivering dangerous unpressured kicks deep into their forward line.
Honestly wish there was a stat for 'effective' clearances. For example, a clearance that leads directly to a score is counted as effective. I'd dare suggest if it was around, we'd be dead last in for and against.

I'd like to think Long was doing a job, but boy he looked slow in leg speed and his movement in general. I can see how he would dominate a lower level, he has good hands and used it well when he got it, but I can see why the Hawks delisted him. The game might just be too quick.

Long did well in his role on Stewart and Dangerfield at times. I think looking slow was a reflection on figuring out where he should be. They obviously are faster and more talented. I hope they give him a chance to develop this role as its somebody we need. His second game in this team so be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Long did well in his role on Stewart and Dangerfield at times. I think looking slow was a reflection on figuring out where he should be. They obviously are faster and more talented. I hope they give him a chance to develop this role as its somebody we need. His second game in this team so be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
But Dangerfield tore us apart!

Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back