Preview Round 18: Ports vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
21oommd.jpg

Round 18: Ports vs. Greater Western Sydney GIANTS Australian Rules Football Expansion Franchise

When: Sunday, 22 July 2018 @ 4:10pm ACST
Where: Adelaide Oval a.k.a. The Portress a.k.a. The Porterhouse a.k.a. How much better is this place compared to that concrete shithole?!
Last time they met: We went alright before dying in the last quarter, but Ryder didn’t play so we should do much better this f@&k f@&k f@&kitty f@&k f@&k!

I hate to say it. I really do. But a week is a long time in football.

Up until last weekend our beloved Pristine ORTS seemingly had their shit together, whereas the Gluten Intolerant ANTS hadn’t had as much to feast on as they would’ve liked. But then the ORTS lost to Peel Thunder, the ANTS beat the ladder-leading reigning premier and suddenly it’s all gone f@&king sideways on us again!

It almost feels like we’re back in 2015/16, where anything can happen and the points don’t matter, so while we’re here let’s see what old mate Butcher has to say about this week’s crucial encounter.

2rxv71t.jpg

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE’VE GOT A LOVELY GIANT PRIME RIB ON SPECIAL TODAY IT’S THE PERFECT CUT FOR A TWILIGHT SUNDAY ROAST ONLY $18.70 A KILO THAT’S RIGHT ONLY $18.70 A KILO WHAT AN AMAZING PRICE HONESTLY THAT'S BELOW COST YOU’D PAY MORE FOR A NAKED SMA HOTDOG MADE FROM UNLEY OVAL DOG SHIT AND THE STRAY CATS THAT WERE DUMPED IN A PORT POWER GYM BAG AS FILLER FOR THE LOCAL NIGHTLY NEWS SO DON’T WASTE YOUR HARD-EARNED ON STADIUM SCAT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FEED YOUR FAMILY WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL GIANT PRIME RIB ON SPECIAL TODAY FOR ONLY $18.70 A KILO WHILE STOCKS LAST RAW PINE BEDSIDES!!!”

Thanks John.

And now for the opposition analysis.

2czor6b.png

Stephen Coniglio
Asymmetric haircut, eyes too close together, would not bang. 3/10.

30j7k3l.png

Tom Scully
Mouth-breather, looks 12 years old, probably still wets the bed. 2/10.

2iswb5h.png

Matthew Buntine
Not Chad Wingard, drifter/serial killer vibe, won't even play, get a haircut. 1/10.

So all things considered we might lose but equally we might win because 7 days is an extended period in our great game and past performance is not an indicator of future results but then again it could be. All I know for certain is that stadium food is shit and Johnny Boy’s pro-hawking was f@&king super and I think it will inspire our ORTS to greatness this week.

Ports by 11 or 32.

E934AFB5-847E-4C97-B700-5B0385FAD33D.gif

After the weekends abismal performance this is an absolute must win game to prove we aren’t the side we saw last week and that just a Richmond v StKilda loss of last year.

Can’t see any of the top 4 losing this week, but need to win to stay in the top 4 hunt.

Fly over!

Was very close. Have some family work to do in Adelaide but am too disorganised for this week. I think the eagles game will be a goer.

Not of the Peter variety

Hopefully, last week was a bitter reminder to the coaching staff that we cannot win if we cannot score, and we cannot score with no-one ahead of the ball.

Or they'll be stubborn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't even think about this game yet.
I have images of Westhoff and Dougs in ruck, Dixon arms and legs all over the place helping out and any structures we may have had thrown out the window. Why not Ken, let's play Westhoff one of few bright lights back out of form, then you can bring Pittard and Neade back.
I feel sick.

Last edited:
Our talls will be rotating through the ruck, we are even less likely than last week to have anyone ahead of the ball. Difficult to see us shutting down the GWS forwards to the extent we did freo. Need the midfield to dominate and maintain possession.

Honestly can't see where the 90+ points needed to win this game are going to come from. We'll improve over recent weeks (not that that's hard) but still lose by a few. Hopefully this week we'll at least put up a fight.

21oommd.jpg

Round 18: Ports vs. Greater Western Sydney GIANTS Australian Rules Football Expansion Franchise

When: Sunday, 22 July 2018 @ 4:10pm ACST
Where: Adelaide Oval a.k.a. The Portress a.k.a. The Porterhouse a.k.a. How much better is this place compared to that concrete shithole?!
Last time they met: We went alright before dying in the last quarter, but Ryder didn’t play so we should do much better this f@&k f@&k f@&kitty f@&k f@&k!

I hate to say it. I really do. But a week is a long time in football.

Up until last weekend our beloved Pristine ORTS seemingly had their shit together, whereas the Gluten Intolerant ANTS hadn’t had as much to feast on as they would’ve liked. But then the ORTS lost to Peel Thunder, the ANTS beat the ladder-leading reigning premier and suddenly it’s all gone f@&king sideways on us again!

It almost feels like we’re back in 2015/16, where anything can happen and the points don’t matter, so while we’re here let’s see what old mate Butcher has to say about this week’s crucial encounter.

2rxv71t.jpg

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE’VE GOT A LOVELY GIANT PRIME RIB ON SPECIAL TODAY IT’S THE PERFECT CUT FOR A TWILIGHT SUNDAY ROAST ONLY $18.70 A KILO THAT’S RIGHT ONLY $18.70 A KILO WHAT AN AMAZING PRICE HONESTLY THAT'S BELOW COST YOU’D PAY MORE FOR A NAKED SMA HOTDOG MADE FROM UNLEY OVAL DOG SHIT AND THE STRAY CATS THAT WERE DUMPED IN A PORT POWER GYM BAG AS FILLER FOR THE LOCAL NIGHTLY NEWS SO DON’T WASTE YOUR HARD-EARNED ON STADIUM SCAT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FEED YOUR FAMILY WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL GIANT PRIME RIB ON SPECIAL TODAY FOR ONLY $18.70 A KILO WHILE STOCKS LAST RAW PINE BEDSIDES!!!”

Thanks John.

And now for the opposition analysis.

2czor6b.png

Stephen Coniglio
Asymmetric haircut, eyes too close together, would not bang. 3/10.

30j7k3l.png

Tom Scully
Mouth-breather, looks 12 years old, probably still wets the bed. 2/10.

2iswb5h.png

Matthew Buntine
Not Chad Wingard, drifter/serial killer vibe, won't even play, get a haircut. 1/10.

So all things considered we might lose but equally we might win because 7 days is an extended period in our great game and past performance is not an indicator of future results but then again it could be. All I know for certain is that stadium food is shit and Johnny Boy’s pro-hawking was f@&king super and I think it will inspire our ORTS to greatness this week.

Ports by 11 or 32.

View attachment 528436
Matthew Buntine looks like a Police suspect sketch:

2iswb5h.png

Oh and GWS by 37. Their run and spread from stoppages will be too much for us.

We will lift for this. We seem to play to the standard of the opposition. play crap opponents we produce a crap game.

Dixon will ruck. Ken has given up on Billy. Westhoff to CHF and Watts to FF. Hopefully Trengove comes back and Barry in for Amon and we give Lienert a go.

We will lift for this. We seem to play to the standard of the opposition. play crap opponents we produce a crap game.

Dixon will ruck. Ken has given up on Billy. Westhoff to CHF and Watts to FF. Hopefully Trengove comes back and Barry in for Amon and we give Lienert a go.
I agree with you 100%

but why extend him by 2 years last year not 1? I didn't understand it then and certainly don't now.

Top Preview.

Here's a song which is depressing enough for contrast. It's about a giant, so it's appropriate.

The Giant of Illinois

The Giant of Illinois
Died from a blister on his toe
After walking all day through the first winter's snow

Throwing bits of stale bread to the last speckled doves
He never even felt his shoe full of blood

Delirious with pain, his bedroom walls began to glow
And he felt himself soaring up through falling snow
And the sky was a woman's arms
The sky was a woman's arms

A boy with a club foot
Had sat next to him in school