Preview Round 18: Ports vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Lienart be a chance this week? Surely he and Pittard must be close as we lack any speed out of defence, plus I'd like to see Lienart's kicking come into the side. We are sorely lacking Hammer and a fully fit Broadbent which may never happen again.

I would hope so. I think he could replace Ryder and we go a bit smaller up forward although watts and westhoff could be the targets.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would hope so. I think he could replace Ryder and we go a bit smaller up forward although watts and westhoff could be the targets.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd laugh if we actually hit up Watts on a lead and he kicks 3-4 goals per game only for Ryder to come back and then gets shuffled up to the wing a few weeks later.

Based on the patterns of the Hinkley era, you can bet London to a stale pie we will lose this game.

Port under Hinkley does not just have bad games, we have form slumps that last weeks and only end when the players have been so thoroughly excoriated by media and fans, they are shamed into greater effort.
Agreed. More media bashing of our shit form and game plan, please!

If we had buried Freo we would be going into this game slight favorites. After that performance we shouldn't even be a chance. I'm not going to wet myself if we lose . GWS are a good team. I'll be hoping like the rest of us that our good form pre Carlton game returns. No excuses if we at least don't fight this one out.

With Dixon in the ruck, our forward entries will go one of two ways. We'll either keep bombing it in as if he's there, but to Sam Gray (and Robbie if he plays) against 3 defenders and look like the worst team in the AFL. Or it'll force a rethink and we'll actually look to hit different targets, to their advantage, and Watts will probably bag 4+, then we'll go right back to bombing it long and being super predictable as soon as Ryder is back. That's assuming we actually get the ball forward this week, of course. Our kick outs to Ollie Wines or occasionally Ebert on the boundary are almost as predictable as our inside 50s.

Billy Frampton should have asked for a trade when he had the chance

If he can't get a game at a club with zero fit ruckmen he's not gonna get a game anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances of having anything representing anything close to a functioning forward line this year?
You know, like putting one of the guys we're paying over $500k a season inside of that 50 for the game?

It is a tough game, which we may lose regardless; but I am feeling confident that we are going to rebound from Sunday's performance. I can't say we will win, but, for GWS to have a shot at winning, they will certainly need to work hard against us.

There is no logical reason to think we can win this. We've been average for 3 weeks in a row now and they've been on fire. The game against Freo was about as poor as we've played since the Primus days. Add on top of that our 3 most important players are all going to be on the sidelines (Ryder, Jonas, Gray). The shit sandwich we were served on Sunday after being teased into thinking this side might actually be okay and that "just doing enough" was all part of the master plan has flattened a fair few of us here. We all know our run home from here is tough and that Fremantle game will come back to bite.

I'll actually be on a flight whilst the game is on, I literally can't remember the last time i haven't had access to Port scores live, even trial games. It has worried me a bit, because i need to know what is going on, the unknown is going to be a struggle. But could be a good thing, as all i'm expecting is as soon as we can turn the phones back on out of flight mode is a flurry of texts from all my non-port supporting mates hanging shit on me for 4 quarters of a predictable train wreck of a performance we've got coming up.

This will be like the second showdown last year.

GWS by 78.
This happened to me during a finals game in 2013...if you’re really nice to the hostesses then they might get the pilot to check scores for you!

21oommd.jpg

Round 18: Ports vs. Greater Western Sydney GIANTS Australian Rules Football Expansion Franchise

When: Sunday, 22 July 2018 @ 4:10pm ACST
Where: Adelaide Oval a.k.a. The Portress a.k.a. The Porterhouse a.k.a. How much better is this place compared to that concrete shithole?!
Last time they met: We went alright before dying in the last quarter, but Ryder didn’t play so we should do much better this f@&k f@&k f@&kitty f@&k f@&k!

I hate to say it. I really do. But a week is a long time in football.

Up until last weekend our beloved Pristine ORTS seemingly had their shit together, whereas the Gluten Intolerant ANTS hadn’t had as much to feast on as they would’ve liked. But then the ORTS lost to Peel Thunder, the ANTS beat the ladder-leading reigning premier and suddenly it’s all gone f@&king sideways on us again!

It almost feels like we’re back in 2015/16, where anything can happen and the points don’t matter, so while we’re here let’s see what old mate Butcher has to say about this week’s crucial encounter.

2rxv71t.jpg

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE’VE GOT A LOVELY GIANT PRIME RIB ON SPECIAL TODAY IT’S THE PERFECT CUT FOR A TWILIGHT SUNDAY ROAST ONLY $18.70 A KILO THAT’S RIGHT ONLY $18.70 A KILO WHAT AN AMAZING PRICE HONESTLY THAT'S BELOW COST YOU’D PAY MORE FOR A NAKED SMA HOTDOG MADE FROM UNLEY OVAL DOG SHIT AND THE STRAY CATS THAT WERE DUMPED IN A PORT POWER GYM BAG AS FILLER FOR THE LOCAL NIGHTLY NEWS SO DON’T WASTE YOUR HARD-EARNED ON STADIUM SCAT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FEED YOUR FAMILY WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL GIANT PRIME RIB ON SPECIAL TODAY FOR ONLY $18.70 A KILO WHILE STOCKS LAST RAW PINE BEDSIDES!!!”

Thanks John.

And now for the opposition analysis.

2czor6b.png

Stephen Coniglio
Asymmetric haircut, eyes too close together, would not bang. 3/10.

30j7k3l.png

Tom Scully
Mouth-breather, looks 12 years old, probably still wets the bed. 2/10.

2iswb5h.png

Matthew Buntine
Not Chad Wingard, drifter/serial killer vibe, won't even play, get a haircut. 1/10.

So all things considered we might lose but equally we might win because 7 days is an extended period in our great game and past performance is not an indicator of future results but then again it could be. All I know for certain is that stadium food is shit and Johnny Boy’s pro-hawking was f@&king super and I think it will inspire our ORTS to greatness this week.

Ports by 11 or 32.

View attachment 528436

Porterhouse, is that for every Portz game or just against STeaK?

I hope Ken charges the controller for this one. Cant believe he went in to the Freo game with flat batteries on his controller and had to charge and swap with the spare one as it got a tiny bit of charge. Charge the ****ers before the game you donce

I'll be at the game and my wife will hate my filthy mouth and swear she will never go to the football with me again if I dont learn to enjoy it no matter who wins and do you really need to drink that much beer in 3 hours?

I think we are married to the same woman.

I'll be at the game and my wife will hate my filthy mouth and swear she will never go to the football with me again if I dont learn to enjoy it no matter who wins and do you really need to drink that much beer in 3 hours?

It sounds like your wife spends too much time with my wife somehow...

Rain expected Sunday.
And we all know how well we do rain.
If anything, there is one thing rain can generally negate and that is skill. So I wouldn't say rain is a huge issue for us. In fact it may straighten us up and save us stuffing around with the ball and turning it over.

Though I think the forecast is looking dry, so not sure it will be a concern anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 18: Ports vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back