Prediction Round 19, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Duggan, Jones, *Brockman
In: Johnston, Dewar, *Burgiel

Waterman still struggling with his knee problems, if he is out I'd like to see Archer Reid get a debut just to give Snake the week off to get over it. I don't want HEdwards out after one game, would rather see McGovern given more time off.

*only if Brockman is injured

If fit I’d also seriously look at Flynn for BWilliams.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Schofield played Maric and Hutchinson on the wings in Q4 and I’d like to persist with it.

Gov will be another 2 to 3 weeks and St Blunders minus King are not that tall.

I believe Jones stood out like dogs nut as being a turnover merchant. Love the energy but he is frustrating.

Brockman kicked 1 goal but hardly made an impact in other things

Out - Duggan Brockman and Jones
In - Burgiel Dewar and Baker
Jones had zero turnovers and went at 83% disposal efficiency.

Fair enough he went missing but his ball use wasn't an issue at all today.

In line to be dropped for sure given his low output.

L Edwards getting a free pass on here

Culley in… Edwards out.

Dewar in for watermelon if he’s sore.

A debutant as the Duggan replacement, or maybe Johnstone. Maybe a debutant for Brockman if he’s out.

In: Johnston, Culley, Hall
Out: Duggan (concussion), Brockman (inj), Jones
Johnston? Hall? More than mediocre games imo.
Archer, dewar and Gilbee showed the most class and use of ball for mine.

Out: brockman (Didums), jj (we gave him a shot), Duggan.

In: dewar, archer, Gilbee, fingers crossed gov?

Very nice performances from our youth today, a big step in the right direction.
I would like to keep throwing around the magnets to test under performers in different positions

Culley in… Edwards out.

A debutant as the Duggan replacement, or maybe Johnstone. Maybe a debutant for Brockman if he’s out.
No free pass, we just need to replace Duggan and probably Brockman as it is.
Hutch was probably worse than Edwards too.
Waterman might need a week off to get his knee right

I dont think there was that many WAFL guys banging the door down.

LEdwards might be out anyway with the WAFL bye this week anyway

Culley in… Edwards out.

LEdwards probably the best out of him, maric and hutchinson. Also likely has the least potential. All three should get another game.

Johnston? Hall? More than mediocre games imo.
Archer, dewar and Gilbee showed the most class and use of ball for mine.

Out: brockman (Didums), jj (we gave him a shot), Duggan.

In: dewar, archer, Gilbee, fingers crossed gov?

Very nice performances from our youth today, a big step in the right direction.
I would like to keep throwing around the magnets to test under performers in different positions
Harvey didnt have a mediocre game. Was better than Dewar overall. Gilbee not even on our list hahaha

Jones had zero turnovers and went at 83% disposal efficiency.

Fair enough he went missing but his ball use wasn't an issue at all today.

In line to be dropped for sure given his low output.
Fair call - I cringe when he surges forward thinking it will come back with interest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dewar is a must, he had composure and class, found people to kick to under pressure. Hall, etc although found space weren't particularly impressive with their use of the pill.

We lacked connection with our forwards this game, and ability to score inside our 50 when we had run due to poor skills.

Dewar is a must, he had composure and class, found people to kick to under pressure. Hall, etc although found space weren't particularly impressive with their use of the pill.

We lacked connection with our forwards this game, and ability to score inside our 50 when we had run due to poor skills.
Dewar in for Jones has been the obvious change for like five weeks now but we refuse to do it.

Going to assume Brockman doesn’t recover in time so I’d bring Dewar in to replace him in the 23 and move Jones to the sub role given his positional versatility

Duggan will obviously miss and there’s a wide range of options to replace him. He started on the wing and had 3 CBAs and was part of a magnet shuffle that moved Ginbey and Hunt into defence with Duggan going into the midfield and Rotham into the grandstand to make way

So we can move Ginbey back into the midfield and select a HB or replace Duggan’s midfield role

Options would be
• Hall - he’s a bit inside leaning and might not be suited to the wing
• Johnston has being playing HB in the WAFL of late so would be an option
• Culley maybe but that would require Hutchinson up on the wing more and Culley playing HF
• Chesser played more inside against West Perth but I’d probably order to see him play at least one more WAFL game before returning
• Burgiel is again more outside and also more HF of late so not a perfect swap
• Baker like Johnston is a HB that would necessitate Ginbey moving back to the midfield

None of the above are a like for like swap so my preference would be Culley who has the best form line from that group. Any one of them could arguably be used as the sub instead of Jones

Everyone else who played today did enough to get another crack

In a final note, the closest like for like replacement for Duggan is Sheed who performed well in the WAFL. I’m not suggesting he should come in but I can see why he’d be considered and it’ll be a test of the MC to see if they have changed their spots

Going to assume Brockman doesn’t recover in time so I’d bring Dewar in to replace him in the 23 and move Jones to the sub role given his positional versatility

Duggan will obviously miss and there’s a wide range of options to replace him. He started on the wing and had 3 CBAs and was part of a magnet shuffle that moved Ginbey and Hunt into defence with Duggan going into the midfield and Rotham into the grandstand to make way

So we can move Ginbey back into the midfield and select a HB or replace Duggan’s midfield role

Options would be
• Culley maybe but that would require Hutchinson up on the wing more and Culley playing HF
• Chesser played more inside against West Perth but I’d probably order to see him play at least one more WAFL game before returning
• Baker like Johnston is a HB that would necessitate Ginbey moving back to the midfield

None of the above are a like for like swap so my preference would be Culley who has the best form line from that group. Any one of them could arguably be used as the sub instead of Jones

In a final note, the closest like for like replacement for Duggan is Sheed who performed well in the WAFL. I’m not suggesting he should come in but I can see why he’d be considered and it’ll be a test of the MC to see if they have changed their spots
Geez you'd hope with Schofield coming in sheed would be no chance.. right?

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Hunt doing the rebounding I feel like Chesser might be the closest thing to Duggan's hybrid role (wing in AFL with CBAs at WAFL) but I'm not sure whether he comes straight back or gets another week in the WAFL.

I didn't rate Sheed's game in the WAFL, made some pretty bad blunders along with the good stuff he did, almost usually straight after his own good work.

Don't mind seeing someone like Johnston come in for a full game with Jones as sub/dropped and someone else as sub.

Options would be

I think the best way to improve both the AFL side and the WAFL side is to reward performance.
Simmo is gone now, we need to go back to an incentive based selection policy.
Performance gains reward!
Given that’s in my opinion the best way forward Culley must come into the AFL 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back