IN - Ginnivan
OUT - Morrison

Hardwick - Frost - Scrimshaw
Sicily - Weddle - Amon
D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
Moore - Dear - MacDonald
Ginnivan - Chol - Watson
Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Mackenzie - Nash - Ward - Impey - Breust (sub)

Hardwick or Sicily to rotate forward at times. Cannot see Gunston playing with the chance Sicily has to move there, seeing as that’d be too tall.
Unless Massimo doesn't get up then maybe Harry stays. Thought he (Harry) did some good things on the weekend, great contested mark. Should have kicked that goal though.

Unless Massimo doesn't get up then maybe Harry stays. Thought he (Harry) did some good things on the weekend, great contested mark. Should have kicked that goal though.
Harry will have to either play as the sub or if Massimo doesn’t get up play that role. Just no spot otherwise.

Sicily can pinch hit as a forward but another week for the shoulder to recover let's try him down back at least to start off.
A lot of the time these part time forwards who have done well in a game or 2 become permanent and don't continue on.
Happy with him being a Backman who can move forward when necessary

All depends if Massimo is fit

If not

In: Ginnivan
Out: Mass

Breust sub. Morrison to start

If he is fit then Ginnivan to come in but unsure who goes out. Don't rate Ward but he's not like for like

Not convinced about bringing Finn in just to play on Daicos. Hasn't played all year from memory and could ruin momentum

IN - Ginnivan
OUT - Morrison

Hardwick - Frost - Scrimshaw
Sicily - Weddle - Amon
D’Ambrosio - Day - Jiath
Moore - Dear - MacDonald
Ginnivan - Chol - Watson
Meek - Newcombe - Worpel
Mackenzie - Nash - Ward - Impey - Breust (sub)

Hardwick or Sicily to rotate forward at times. Cannot see Gunston playing with the chance Sicily has to move there, seeing as that’d be too tall.

Morrison played really well again pies last year don’t think he will be dropped.

Last edited:
Will be a good game this week, just watched the round 21 game from last year , Wingard had a big game but we are a better side than what we were last year, this was Ryan best game for us hopefully Chol can play the role he did that day.

If Ginnivan is fit then he's straight back in for Breust/Morrison, or Massimo if he doesn't get up - though sounds like he's fine.

Sicily to stay forward. Hardwick back. Shouldn't need to look at bringing in another tall down back as Pies will likely be running a fairly small/medium height forward line.

My gut feeling is that we won't bring Finn in to tag Daicos. I think Sam likes the balance we have and won't want to mess with it. But I could also easily see us going that way given it's worked so well for us previously.

I think so to re: keeping the balance, Sicily shoulder will be a bit better I’d start Hardwick forward if Gini doesn’t get up. The third quarter move unsettled the Freo defence would replay that performance as was ! If needed of course.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well, you would think if Finn doesn’t get a game this week will there be a spot on the list for him come judgement day?

I think Finn is safe as houses, we are so lucky with minor injuries ATM , only guys on the list are long term. Plus as a potential defensive scoring HHF could be a need in the future. Plus total Hawk nuffy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think something tells me the club must be expecting a big crowd lol
There were no tickets available over the weekend. They have just released some more tickets. There won’t be any public tickets left by the end of the week. If you have a GA membership you will likely need to buy a seat.

Ins Ginnivan & Gunston
Outs D'Ambrosio & Ward
Breust as the sub
Defenders
Hardwick vs Elliott
Impey vs Hill
Frost vs Krueger
Scrimshaw vs McStay
Midfielders
Newcombe vs Naicos
Day vs Pendlebury
Nash vs Degoey
Worpel vs Crisp
Jiath vs Jaicos
Morrison/Mackenzie vs Sidebottom
Meek vs Cameron
Forwards
Gunston vs Moore
Chol vs Frampton
Dear vs Howe
Moore vs Maynard
Ginnivan vs Quaynor
McDonald vs Noble
I think we will win by 25 points
They won't score enough to challenge us!!
Their midfield and defence on paper still look good!!
But unless Elliott & Degoey kick 3 or 4 goals each they won't kick more than 10 goals!!

We get that intensity up at the levels we're capable of, then our frwds can really go to town on their patch work / out of form defence. We shouldn't worry at all about the build up about the pies season on the line crap, let them worry about that, we need to slice them up from half back and stopagges.

IN: Ginnivan, Maginness
OUT: Morrison (omitted), Ward (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frost, Jiath

HB: Amon, Weddle, Scrimshaw

C: Day, Worpel, Mackenzie

HF: Moore, Dear, Sicily

F: Ginnivan, Chol, Watson

R: Meek, Newcombe, Nash

OUT: D’Ambrosio, Impey, Maginness, MacDonald, Breust (Sub)

EMG: Gunston, Serong, Hustwaite

This would be very surprising.

I don't believe we are scared enough of one player (Daicos) to bring Maginness in at the expense of Ward and Morrison who played their roles in a great win on the weekend.

Mackenzie would be the one to sit out if D'Ambrosio gets up IMO. He's played every game this year and wouldn't lose anything by having a spell.

Nash to Crisp, nothing surer.

I'd be inclined to bring in Finn for Mass and have him run with Naicos all day, but not sure who would go out if Ginni fit.

Ward to Josh Daicos.

Breust to sub.

Hoping Howe doesn't get up.

Not convinced about bringing Finn in just to play on Daicos. Hasn't played all year from memory and could ruin momentum
Finn has played 8 games this year. Took me 3 clicks and 10 seconds to confirm that. Not hard.

A must win game. A must start at 100% intensity match and show respect to Collingwood. We were off at the start against Geelong and never recovered from it.

Hawks by 3 goals with Ginnivan starring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back