Preview Round 19, 2024: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 20 July 2024 (Sat), 4:35pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richmond played Lynch off no mins and 11 weeks out and we exploited him defensively all night, expect the same if they pick McStay
Hopefully Cox plays too, our half back line will have a field day

McStay is half the player that Lynch is as well. He's no star.

Richmond played Lynch off no mins and 11 weeks out and we exploited him defensively all night, expect the same if they pick McStay
Hopefully Cox plays too, our half back line will have a field day
Not only that he injured his other hammy and has been out ever since. There's evidence to suggest it's not a smart move but there clearly desperate.

Absolutely because it ends up being a big afternoon/night if you clear your schedule. Drinks a couple of hours before the game and afterwards. Do t mins this timeslot at all it's generally one you could get a few mates together if your not able to attend.
As an SA fan I am envious. Whilst it's great that I get to see us 3 times this year, they were/are on a Sunday arvo :mad:

I checked that, it's easy to get tickets for me, but my kids don't have a membership, so nothing is available for them. I'll probs just go by myself :D
They have released public tickets in Q6, Q38 and Q39

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't as many Hawks fans up north as other parts of Melbourne. If it was affecting the East and South East than there would be a noticeable difference in the crowd.
Trains pretty packed whenever we go to the game.

Take this with a grain of salt.

Among the maybe injured, based on today's training and match sim Ginni, Sic, Massimo looks ready to go.
Ward is also wearing Gold during the match sim, so most likely to play as well.

I don't know who will miss. I am guessing maybe Punky or Harry. It is hard to tell.

1) group huddle

IMG_2873.JPG 2) Massimo during the match sim

IMG_2876.JPG 3) Scaife in rehab. Running laps earlier then practising goal kicking later.

IMG_2819.JPG
4) Gunners teaching Dear how to position.
And another one on one session between Sam and the Wiz (at the background)

5) Kai in today's training

IMG_2891.JPG

6) 100th AFL gamer Scrimshaw

IMG_2890.JPG

Among the maybe injured, based on today's training and match sim Ginni, Sic, Massimo looks ready to go.

I don't know who will miss. I am guessing maybe Punky or Harry. It is hard to tell.

1) group huddle

View attachment 20511462) Massimo during the match sim

View attachment 20511473) Scaife in rehab. Running laps earlier then practising goal kicking later.

View attachment 2051148

View attachment 2051152

View attachment 2051153

How tall is Ky?

1) group huddle

View attachment 20511462) Massimo during the match sim

View attachment 20511473) Scaife in rehab. Running laps earlier then practising goal kicking later.

View attachment 2051148

View attachment 2051152

View attachment 2051153

Sic isn't named in the Injury list. It's a certainty he's playing. Shoulder is better than last week so he will be backline to start with unless the same issues start happening again.

Best of luck to Jack Scrimshaw this week in his 100th game.

You always want every Hawthorn player to make it, but Scrimshaw just seems like one of the good guys, and has been awesome to see him settle into the side and do well. For some reason I get an extra kick when he has a good game, and seeing him turn into the best version of himself under our current coaching group.

Last year was tough for him, probably being good enough to play but getting overlooked by guys like Bramble initially in order to focus on better consistent standards for a defender in a Hawthorn side. His apparent weaknesses such as showing consistent toughness, marking and defending under pressure, staying strong on his man, one touch off the deck etc, have been worked on so relentlessly, similar to Worpel's kicking inside 50, suddenly the weaknesses have become a strength.

I thought his massive tackle in this respective game last year against De Goey was his stamp as Scrimshaw MKII on the competition and he hasn't turned back. He is now elite at ground ball gets under pressure in our D50, takes many intercept marks a week, will always go when its his turn and funnily enough his attacking game now also involves less turnovers than it used to as well. Has really stood up better than we could have expected with the loss of Blanck to hold us together with Frost, and play undersized this year, and is one of the reasons we are in finals contention this year.

Great stuff Scrim, hope its a win for ya this weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back