Preview Round 19, 2024: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 20 July 2024 (Sat), 4:35pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take this with a grain of salt.

Among the maybe injured, based on today's training and match sim Ginni, Sic, Massimo looks ready to go.
Ward is also wearing Gold during the match sim, so most likely to play as well.

I don't know who will miss. I am guessing maybe Punky or Harry. It is hard to tell.

1) group huddle

View attachment 20511462) Massimo during the match sim

View attachment 20511473) Scaife in rehab. Running laps earlier then practising goal kicking later.

View attachment 2051148
4) Gunners teaching Dear how to position.
And another one on one session between Sam and the Wiz (at the background)

5) Kai in today's training

View attachment 2051152

6) 100th AFL gamer Scrimshaw

View attachment 2051153

Every picture of skaife has him looking like a giant compared to everyone 😂

Reckon Ginny will be so fresh for this, him and Watson are about to make off like bandits

Last edited:
I’m not getting into an argument over something that is pretty straight forward common business knowledge. The more exposure you get commercial wise, the more money the club makes.
If you can’t appreciate that it’s the broadcasters (Ch7 & Foxtel) who determine with the AFL the scheduling, and their focus is number of eyeballs on screens, I can’t help you.

If Hawthorn games rated as well as other rival clubs, then C7/Fox would push for us to play those slots.

That may well change from this season onwards, but to suggest the AFL is corrupt and are refusing to help C7/Fox put us in primetime is to ignore the same business reality you rely on for your argument.

If we rated highly, we’d get the prime time slots.

Will be interesting if we follow the chip kick mark, deny Collingwood the ball strategy Essendon and Geelong pursued recently. It worked for them so who knows.
Maybe a bit of that but I hope we also play a more dynamic, straight down the guts, linking handballs plan.

If you can’t appreciate that it’s the broadcasters (Ch7 & Foxtel) who determine with the AFL the scheduling, and their focus is number of eyeballs on screens, I can’t help you.

If Hawthorn games rated as well as other rival clubs, then C7/Fox would push for us to play those slots.

That may well change from this season onwards, but to suggest the AFL is corrupt and are refusing to help C7/Fox put us in primetime is to ignore the same business reality you rely on for your argument.

We rate highly on channel 7.
Only Collingwood games have been rating well on Friday nights lately. Saturday nights have been a disaster for channel 7.

Foxtel request us in Twilight slots as we rate well and they are trying to build those slots.

It’s self replicating though. People see teams more on TV more likely to want to watch them more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RD 19 TEAM
Hawthorn v Collingwood
Saturday 20 July
MCG, 4.35pm

In:
Jack Ginnivan, Finn Maginness
Out: Harry Morrison (omitted), Cam Mackenzie (managed)

B: Jarman Impey, Sam Frost, Karl Amon
HB:
Will Day, Jack Scrimshaw, James Sicily
C:
Finn Maginness, Dylan Moore, Connor Macdonald
HF:
James Worpel, Blake Hardwick, Mabior Chol
F:
Jack Ginnivan, Calsher Dear, Josh Ward
R:
Lloyd Meek, Conor Nash, Jai Newcombe

INT:
Luke Breust, Changkuoth Jiath, Josh Weddle, Nick Watson, Massimo D'Ambrosio

EMER:
Jack Gunston, Harry Morrison, Cam Mackenzie

I'm glad a lot of people on here now are starting to notice Frenchie is not as dominent and influential as alot of people on here make him out to be. I'm a massive fan of him by the way and I feel he is going to be an unbelievable player for us for many years to come.
But I've paying really close attention to his last 6 or 7 games and he constantly turns it over and kicks it to contests where we are out numbered and it comes straight back.

Spots are so tight, he could definately do with a bit of a spell in the 2's just to clean up his decion making. He needs to start hitting a better option.
I feel Morisson is a better decision maker with ball in hand and he's playing for his career, but obviously frenchie has a much higher ceiling.
Doesn’t say omitted - says managed.

I suspect we will miss his kicking and handballs out of traffic. Young and beaten up.

That said, Finn tagging Naicos works

On the Maginness selection:

Our recent games have been in Perth, Geelong, Tassie, and then after this game it is a trip Adelaide and then another away vs. GWS. At first look you might think we are just trying to tag Daicos, but I'm not convinced that is the sole reason. Option to play a tagging role is part of it, but also if Collingwood are struggling to run with the opposition on the spread, a fit Maginness on top of Weddle, Jiath, Nash, Moore etc is going to make it even harder for the Pies to go with us. So instead of playing a young player potentially struggling to get through a full season in his second year, we go for a guy desperate for opportunity and can run all day with absolutely elite aerobic capacity. Even if he doesn't win a lot of it he will make the Pies very accountable both ways, while MacKenzie gets a chance to re-boot and re-fresh for the run home. Unexpected, but smart management and planning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back