Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Tabs would definitely give Jye a bit of a break from the best defender and provide some contests hopefully, which our small forwards just can't find currently. Not sure he's an automatic inclusion though, especially coming back from injury. Kicked goals in every game he played in 2021 bar the one he got subbed out in the first quarter. Scored most games last year too. Hard to judge on his few games this year as he was obviously crippled. I think he's important depth, even next year.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s not automatic after a long Layoff.
Probably play half a game at peel, then a full one. Imo he comes in after that.
If he’s healthy he’s not depth.

We need more tall marking options up the ground. Play Amiss in the goal square. If tabs can be relied on to take a mark then play him at HF when he’s ready. Keep Treacy and Jackson and tell them to run. All of them bar Tabs can play small, so I think the height won’t be a problem.

Frederick should spend the week at Peel IMO.
If young gets up, bring him in instead of Hughes.
Give Freddy the extra week off imo. Clearly hasn't been right for a while and one week off hasn't seemed to fix him.

I'm not sure we've got anyone to bring in for Walker tbh so that'd be Young even if they're very different players.

We should be taking our time with both Taberner and Chapman imo. All there is to gain from this season is to soften the embarrass of trading a top 5 pick to Melbourne when we thought it'd be around 12-14. I personally couldn't give a ** about that - we've traded the pick, it's done. Priority should be getting as many as possible ready for day one of pre season and putting this sh right in 2024.

Give Freddy the extra week off imo. Clearly hasn't been right for a while and one week off hasn't seemed to fix him.

I'm not sure we've got anyone to bring in for Walker tbh so that'd be Young even if they're very different players.

We should be taking our time with both Taberner and Chapman imo. All there is to gain from this season is to soften the embarrass of trading a top 5 pick to Melbourne when we thought it'd be around 12-14. I personally couldn't give a ** about that - we've traded the pick, it's done. Priority should be getting as many as possible ready for day one of pre season and putting this sh right in 2024.
Yeah I've come around to agreeing with the bolded

We stuffed the season and now lose pick 4 and 23, looks bad but there is no changing it now, so tough shit, move on from it and make sure the list is ready for next year

Hell I'd even argue we are better off finishing 13th or lower, momentum is a big thing in footy, getting a softer draw could help build the team (altho our early draw this year was the "easy" part and we stuffed that)

Yeah I've come around to agreeing with the bolded

We stuffed the season and now lose pick 4 and 23, looks bad but there is no changing it now, so tough s**t, move on from it and make sure the list is ready for next year

Hell I'd even argue we are better off finishing 13th or lower, momentum is a big thing in footy, getting a softer draw could help build the team (altho our early draw this year was the "easy" part and we stuffed that)
That would probably be the only positive about getting bottom 6. We get an easier draw and hoping to get finals next season

Frederick should spend the week at Peel IMO.
If young gets up, bring him in instead of Hughes.

If he comes in and doesn't spend at least 25% game time in the midfield and attend 3-4 CB i think that might be my faith in the coach done.

Dane Rampe free to play this weekend if anyone’s playing at home. The only guy in weeks to be cleared at the Tribunal, and it’s the week they play us. Gotta laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out:

Pearce
Switta
Darcy
Walker

In:

Wilson
Chappy
Nod
??

Pearce and Switta are a dream but on form have been amongst our worst for a while now.

We need more tall marking options up the ground. Play Amiss in the goal square. If tabs can be relied on to take a mark then play him at HF when he’s ready. Keep Treacy and Jackson and tell them to run. All of them bar Tabs can play small, so I think the height won’t be a problem.
Agree.
Jackson and Treacy play small/on the ground better then half the forward line anyway

Out:

Pearce
Switta
Darcy
Walker

In:

Wilson
Chappy
Nod
??

Pearce and Switta are a dream but on form have been amongst our worst for a while now.
Chapman and Tabs will get game time for Peel.

Bring in Reidy and just let him ruck. The season is over, so who cares if he’s not ready. For structural purposes

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back