Round 2 Brisbane Lions vs Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to feel for Carlton. Their midfielders are excellent but their Kpp's - wow, terrible. They will be very lucky to make the 8. Alot hangs on the shoulders of their only 1 good KPP in Waite.

Interesting game. Things I learnt....

1. Blues played better and lost because of poor kicking

2. Brisbane rely heavily on Brown

3. Blues midfield minus Judd is still 2x better than Brisbanes

4. A Full strength Blues side has this mob covered easily. Hollow victory

5. Intensive goal-kicking practice at Carlton for the next 7 days.

6. Kruezer is a superstar

7. Fev's going to struggle with an inferior midfield.

:)

Great win, weathered an 18 against 21 disadvantage in the opening half, then took the Blues best shot in the 3rd, bounced off the ropes and finished off stronger in the last.

You have to feel for Carlton. Their midfielders are excellent but their Kpp's -...

Sure about that? Hendo and Setanta did very well. The problem was our accuracy, and our smalls missed heaps of opportunity. Thought our forwardline looked a lot more potent than Brisbane's Brown-only setup actually.

Our midfield is the most talented in the AFL. Judd would have been handy tonight wouldn't he. lol

The Blues have an awesome list. When we turn it on, we'll beat anyone.

Good signs for Brisbane tonight, they came off a 5 day break and performed pretty average and yet still won by 4 goals.

Carlton played well but just didn't have the talent to get them over the line.

It will get ugly when they do put in a shocker every now and then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Blues played better and lost because of poor kicking

2. Brisbane rely heavily on Brown

3. Blues midfield minus Judd is still 2x better than Brisbanes

4. A Full strength Blues side has this mob covered easily. Hollow victory

5. Intensive goal-kicking practice at Carlton for the next 7 days.

6. Kruezer is a superstar

7. Fev's going to struggle with an inferior midfield.

1. Carlton have no heart when there is a game to be won.

That is all.

I am happy with Jammo's job on Fev, he held him well, Brown got a free ride with no Bower in the side which hurt.

Brisbane's midfield looked like a dried out tomato tonight, they will struggle against top sides could even be a smokey to miss the 8 even with a 2-0 start.

No question though carlton blew this one with 5-6 turnover goals from simple errors in the back half and poor kicking for goal early on, this game should have really been over at 3 quarter time.

Not looking forward to playing essendon, hoodo side and we need a win badly after blowing this match.

1. Carlton have no heart when there is a game to be won.

That is all.

You would have thought Carlton would have learnt something from their last qtr capitulation in the finals last year. It was deja vu with Daniel Rich being kept quiet and then starring in the last when the game was there to be won.

Brown was amazing tonight. But a bit of a concern that they rely so heavily on a 30yo CHF.

That 3rd quarter effort from the Blues midfield set a benchmark for the AFL's non-Carlton teams. Hope everyone enjoyed it. Was amazing. Pity they didn't follow it up in the last. Judd will be a handy addition.

Sure about that? Hendo and Setanta did very well. The problem was our accuracy, and our smalls missed heaps of opportunity. Thought our forwardline looked a lot more potent than Brisbane's Brown-only setup actually.

Our midfield is the most talented in the AFL. Judd would have been handy tonight wouldn't he. lol

The Blues have an awesome list. When we turn it on, we'll beat anyone.

Mate I hope that dribble makes you feel better after that loss. But please that type of crap should be posted on your own board because you're making yourself look like first class deluded 'tool'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 Brisbane Lions vs Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back