Autopsy Round 2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

always felt bad going the "don't argue" on a 6 year old though

It was more after kicking my 10th when I did the Jeff Farmer 'Jesus on the Cross' celebration that I should have been really ashamed of!

imagesZ3CWNR32.jpg

Reckon most members will pay for a lot more games than they attend after last night.

Doubt we'll get enough there to boo "the great one" this week. Might have to get the yellow pages out and look up "rent a boo".

I will be there and I will be booing!

Well said, great post. :thumbsu:

We would do well to consider it is not up to the insulter to judge exactly how hurt or damaging a remark or action is - rather it is up to the person who is targeted. Unfortunately too many folk think people should be able to cop this or cop that. Only those on the receiving end know the truth.
I called out a new poster for behaving like a princess after the loss to Richmond.
I'm not sure this is sexism,because the poster may have infact been a princess.
But calling our players girls is pathetic and indeed very sexist and disclusive to our fantastic female posters.
Many of whom I read with high levels of respect and insight to our team and game.
I've probably called our team a bunch of girls over the course,so I'm probably no better than the people being called out for it now.

That said.

I hope we come out with fire in the belly next week and at least provide a contest against that horrible asterisk team.

Cant say I disagree with anything except the time frame. Very well reasoned thoughts.

I think this team is a minimum of 5-7 years, and more likely closer to 10 years (i.e. unlikely any player on this list will play in a grand final for carlton).

I would love a great new coach. Some proper talent development and list management. I'm not sure sos is the right man for the job. I would be driving a truck load of cash to the hawks recruitment staff (again) or maybe even port adelaide's. Noone decent will come until this regime is gone (after the recent recruiting staff fiascos).

I want a young and innovative coach, absolutely.

Well done on a great post mate.

Sorry but I don't get this train of thought. Yes we have been poor but other teams over the journey have been just as bad and have managed to turn it around in a reasonable period of time. No one has a crystal ball so let's not start writing history.

The worst thing is... i bet we'll win 6-8 games and finish middle of the ******* road (again) and get a crap middle of the road pick (again!!!)
and use it on a cra.................no, I won't say it!

and use it on a cra.................no, I won't say it!

See I think our player development is more at fault than our recruiting.

Our team currently has a bunch of high draft picks in it, but these players are going backwards rather than improving.

Look at Casboult, where is the genuine effort to fix his ball drop when having set shots?
Look at a player like Menzel, after showing such promise last year, how can he be squibbing contests and sliding backwards with his effort and skill?
Look at the whole team, how can our skills be so bad?
Look at all the young prospects we have that seem to be going nowhere, relegated to the two's week in and week out.

We can use draft picks to get the best kids in the land like we did 5 years or so ago, but it will mean nothing if don't develop them properly and they end up playing like our current crop of players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing Murphy casually chatting to an opposition player (shuey?) post game had me seeing red.
As a captain you drag all the boys together on the field and let everyone know that it was an utterly unacceptable performance.
As a Captain you must be pointing the finger at your team and yourself. I just can't see Murphy every having
the initiative and balls to do something like that.
Even before the game Simpson was in the middle of the group doing all the talking while Murphy just went thru his stretches.
Love the smurf, but he ain't a skipper. I've tried to give him a go. next.

As for Gibbs....Seriously.
How does a coach, team mate or anybody on this planet get that guy to WAKE UP.
The guy is loaded with talent but even at this stage of his career he's still stuck in third gear.
So he won a B&F in a pretty ordinary year amongst some pretty ordinary performances.
I just don't know what the answer is. When he's on, great. But his up and down form is what makes him a good player
and not a great player. If we're gonna pull the rip cord on a rebuild guys like Gibbs need to be looked at.

There's something not right at the blues. It's not obvious to us plebs watching the games from the stands.
But something needs to happen. Quickly.

I thought it was Judd. Chris definitely got into it with someone at some point in the third quarter.
Juddy got into Rosa for his close checking... Gibbs was also trying to get in Rosa's face at one ruck contest to let Juddy take Priddis.

So do people still rate David Ellard? He's just one of many that wouldn't get a game at a good club.
At least he has a crack. Yes he limited footballing ability, but you always know what you're getting from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back