Autopsy Round 2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

In all honesty it wasn't a cheap shot. The poster said we weren't a top 8 team. I asked him to define what a top 8 team was (considering we have made the top 8 two years in succession and are currently in the top 8) and he said one that wasn't shyte. My reply was agreeing with him somewhat and by using his logic we must be just less shyte than you guys.

Anyway, hope the blues dig themselves out of this mess. Can't afford to have big clubs down the bottom of the ladder. Would rather beat you guys when you are up and about and not down and out.

After ONE round! :rolleyes:

On what basis?

On almost every basis. Pagan was brought in when the club was on its knees. MM is at least partially responsible for putting the club on its knees again.

And you're deflecting from your terrible list management and horrific recruiting by bringing Richmond into a discussion where they don't exist. Your club has bigger things to worry about than us.

I'll enjoy the ban, thanks.

Richmond does NOT belong in this thread.

It's a Carl v WC Post match discussion thread.

Just remember which Board you are on!

So do people still rate David Ellard? He's just one of many that wouldn't get a game at a good club.

the Tigers won about 11 games straight to make the finals. When did we last win 5 games in a row, 3 games? was it 2000? credit to the Tigers I'd take their list in a hearbeat to the rabble we are. Too many years of denial have led to this.
No, they won 8 games straight after being 3-10. In 8 of those games, they beat two teams of note (one resting their senior players), the rest were struggling on their level or worse. When they barely made the finals, they got thrashed. Good teams don't start the season at 3-10, at that point they were in spoon territory. Good recovery but let's not overrate it.

After reading the past few pages of this thread I've just become a mad bulldogs supporter...
Shame you didn't go across in time to complain about Jones not getting a game up forward. #standbywatto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On almost every basis. Pagan was brought in when the club was on its knees. MM is at least partially responsible for putting the club on its knees again.
Our recruiting and development have been a shambles long before MM took over, the problem was already seeded. Can't blame Mick for that. Really, it wouldn't have mattered what coach we brought in, the damage was already done.

Though I will say I was highly critical of bringing in Thomas with his bad ankle and huge pay packet.

At least I won't be going in with any false hope this week.

It's hard to believe that just couple of weeks ago I'd penciled the first three games in as wins.

Good thing it was in pencil.

Funny part about this is that if the Essendon players had been suspended you'd still be looking for the rubber against their replacements.

No not looking forward to it.
based on first two weeks we probably could not have beaten an ASADA-suspended *.
It might be more frustrating if we got up. Still be happy with the win though, but i'd be wondering where that team was in the first two rounds.

1. From Yarran's kickouts, we try to do a few easy passes. It might only get to the 50m line, before we see no-one is free ahead. We kick the ball to a contest and we lose the ball from there. A lot of Carlton players are terrible in a 1-on-1 marking contest. Also terrible at positioning a crumber to get the ball once it has hit the ground.

2. Handballing/kicking with no thought. Many passages of play last night where we kick or handball it with no thought about how to progress after that. You need to kick/handpass to possession to someone who has time/space to make a effective kick/handpass. This is how you keep possession. Carlton has a big tendency to pass to the wrong player. That player is under pressure and because Carlton is terrible at keeping the contested ball, we will cough it up. For this to work, our players need to be continually running into space and call for the ball. Every player needs to work for each other to make space so we can keep possession.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back