Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May need only one rookie correction. Have a feeling Murphy may not play in the seniors for while after friday night. Probably wait a week to see how geelongs foggarty goes and use DPP to get murphy out and foggarty in
Think all of geelongs rookies stay in after Danger is back? Kelly locked, Esava id keep in over Stanley, and hopefully Fogarty isnt the one to make way for Danger

Think all of geelongs rookies stay in after Danger is back? Kelly locked, Esava id keep in over Stanley, and hopefully Fogarty isnt the one to make way for Danger
Jelwood and GAJ both got 39 touches last week in a win.
They don't even need Danger. Should just leave him out.

3 rookies on my radar

LFogarty, Zuthrie and English

Really don't want to grab one this week but feel I might have to, don't want to be forced to pick 2/3

I have a Ryder problem.

Unfortunately a last minute trade to Buddy left me with $100, not enough to go Cameron > English for the ruck cover/cash cow option.

The options I can see are:
1) Ryder to NicNat and Naughton to Bonner
2) Ryder to Witts, Cameron to English. Frees up enough cash for Zorko to Cripps (should they repeat this weeks performances) and Naughton to Bonner next week

Burning a lot of trades early but not really sure what else to do with Ryder at this stage. Brought him in last minute which is super annoying, spent most of the pre-season running Gawn NicNat!

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• r1.JPG
    r1.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 4
3 rookies on my radar

Really don't want to grab one this week but feel I might have to, don't want to be forced to pick 2/3
Perhaps go early on whoever keeps their spot out of LFog and Zuthrie?

I have a Ryder problem.

Unfortunately a last minute trade to Buddy left me with $100, not enough to go Cameron > English for the ruck cover/cash cow option.

The options I can see are:
1) Ryder to NicNat and Naughton to Bonner
2) Ryder to Witts, Cameron to English. Frees up enough cash for Zorko to Cripps (should they repeat this weeks performances) and Naughton to Bonner next week

Burning a lot of trades early but not really sure what else to do with Ryder at this stage. Brought him in last minute which is super annoying, spent most of the pre-season running Gawn NicNat!

Any thoughts?
Ryder to a keeper NN,Nank etc.
Zorko should bounce back.
If English goes well again maybe Bell to him to feel up some cash.

3 rookies on my radar

Really? Who would you trade out for them? Unless there is a mass dropping of round 1 rookies, making three rookie correction trades seems like huge overkill.

Really? Who would you trade out for them? Unless there is a mass dropping of round 1 rookies, making three rookie correction trades seems like huge overkill.
Naughton

Yeah you're right, I'll wait til round 3 and just take the 2 best options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Ryder and Merrett
In: nic nat and danger.

It a huge risk.. could be master stroke... Could sit me even further back..

Thoughts?

I wouldn't, but I am conservative.

My dilemma is hold Hogan or bring in Acres.

I favour a mid/fwd over a key position fwd, but both could be busts.

I wouldn't, but I am conservative.

My dilemma is hold Hogan or bring in Acres.

I favour a mid/fwd over a key position fwd, but both could be busts.
I have a stritc no key forwards rule. (Not including Franklin).

I would.

This is my Perry Mason moment to mount a case for the defense. Read on if you will :)

A lot of people have written him off as a spud, which he kind of is as a forward and his average reflects that.

However, as a solo ruck there is another side to the argument. I posted in one of the preseason threads about him after Tippett retired and Naismith did his knee. Prior to this year he had 3 games without Naismith and Tippett, he had two scores under 80 and a 142.

In two games he rucked with either Nankervis or Reid, the other one he rucked solo. Guess which game was the only one that he rucked solo in?

It was the 142.
Against Matty Kreuzer.
In a game we lost.
On the weekend he solo rucked against NicNat and Spudcett for a 106.
142 & 106. Let that sink in.

Both games were almost identical: he had 20 touches (half of them CP), 15 hitouts, 1 tackle and 1 goal in total. Like Stefan Martin and Nankervis he gets his points around the ground and not through sheer weight of hit outs. Unlike Mumford he does not rely on huge tackle numbers.

Small sample size of 2 games I know but a 124 average in his current role against quality ruckman is food for thought. He wont sustain this but I do think a 90-95 average is not out of reach, he could do this year what Nank did last year.

As for the not playing a full season argument, he has been dropped as often as he has been injured due to Tippett and Naismith being ahead of him. The role is his as long as he stays fit.

He is 436k and 1% ownership. A ballsy POD but not one to discard, he will put on shit games and personally for the extra 30k I would downgrade Ryder to NicNat but I was laughed out of a thread last year for suggesting Tom Bellchambers at 305k and he ended up averaging 92.

Just my 2c

Not a bad option to pair with Darcy Cameron either? If he is injured Cameron comes in.

279puq.jpg

My biggest misses appear to be Simpson, Bonner and English - could throw in Lachie Fogarty in there but Barry and Banfiled aren't that much worse/

Biggest fails appear to be Byrne, D Fogarty and Naughton. I'm assuming Fyfe and Bont will come good......

I would like to wait to confirm whether the misses/fails are genuine, but I can't get two of them with 2 trades - would need to do a nothing trade to downgrade my R3 donut as well to get English and Bonner.

A bit of a head scratcher, but I'm thinking zero trades and if R1 is confirmed by R2 (Fyfe and Bont aside) I'll just have to accept missing Simpson and Bonner and just trade D Fogarty to English.

I could go Fyfe/Bont to Simpson I suppose, but I'm still hopeful that would be a sideways nothing trade......decisions, decisions......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back