Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at a few Dogs with Libba going down

Can anyone explain this??

6 Luke Dahlhaus 98dt 88sc 10k 19h 4m 4t 1/0 12cp 8c 3clg 82%

16 Toby McLean 68dt 91sc 8k 12h 1m 4t 1/0 11cp 8c 2clg 85%

Looking at the stats it seems Dahl was ripped off and Toby got the KOTD treatment? McLean CD's new lovechild or is there a better reason for the scores?

Luke is the top one. Not much difference. Must be when the disposals were??
ld.jpeg tm.jpeg

Looking at the stats it seems Dahl was ripped off and Toby got the KOTD treatment? McLean CD's new lovechild or is there a better reason for the scores?

Clearly CD have picked McLean and are kissing him on the pecker accordingly.

All respects to everyone who says save your trades, "don't trade after only the first round".
First 2 weeks the only time of the year when prices aren't changing yet. It's a chance to rectify mistakes without financial penalty. Trading Rnd1 gives you more options week 2, when every year I hear people say they wish they acted sooner on a trade rather than be quashed rnd2 with only 2 trades available before the price rise. It's IMO the best time to move, and move aggressively.

All respects to everyone who says save your trades, "don't trade after only the first round".
First 2 weeks the only time of the year when prices aren't changing yet. It's a chance to rectify mistakes without financial penalty. Trading Rnd1 gives you more options week 2, when every year I hear people say they wish they acted sooner on a trade rather than be quashed rnd2 with only 2 trades available before the price rise. It's IMO the best time to move, and move aggressively.
I get that, but do we have enough data after 1 round to qualify a mistake.

People are suggesting trading out Fyfe, Merret and Zorko and trading in Bonner and English.

I remember trading in Hannan last year after his 1st Round 96 and that was a bad trade until later in the season.

If McLean's contested touches were effective and Dahl's weren't, that could be why.

Yeap crazy stuff, he played against witches hats.
not really. At the game and Freo actually werent as bad as the final margin indicated.
I picked him on a hunch because I knew he'd fill the running HB role with Pittard out AND he gets the footy. 5 AFL games only but all over 17 possessions and gets marks as well. As mentioned wouldn't trade to get him but hoping that he might just play a nice role for me.

Of course people say "I wish I acted sooner" as they are seeing things in hindsight.

Right now people are looking to bring in Bonner, Buddy, Zuthrie, English, Garlett, Greene, Fogarty etc.
But you can't guarantee that ALL of them will back it up.
While your 'failed' players of Dow, LDU, Merrett, Zorko, Noughton etc. may not ALL fail again next week.

Maybe next week 3 of the 6-7 players you're unsure on fail again and then you say "I wish I'd traded them last week". Of course that's the case, but what if you'd traded out one of the players who bounces back.
Or trade in a player who spudded it up Rd. 2

It's not so much that trading Rd. 1 is bad, it's just that it's fraught with danger as so many times you'll see a rookie or premo bounce back.
Eg. Cripps got a 53 in Rd 1 of his 2nd season where he was still a bottom pricer.
Rd. 3 he had 172.

Or even last year when Josh Kennedy (WCE) did a Buddy and top scored week one with 174 points, he then went 82 and 66 after that.
Josh Kennedy also top scored Rd 1 in 2016 (because he's a ******* GUN!!!) - he had 1 ton over his next 6 games.

Trades this week ?.......might get comfortable, relax & watch all the waste trading

tenor.gif

McLean had 4 intercepts compared to 2
He had 2 goal assists compared to 0

Right now people are looking to bring in Bonner, Buddy, Zuthrie, English, Garlett, Greene, Fogarty etc.
While your 'failed' players of Dow, LDU, Merrett, Zorko, Noughton etc. may not ALL fail again next week.
Correct .....and all these plans assume no injuries / reports .....it's wise to tread carefully thru the SC minefield

not really. At the game and Freo actually werent as bad as the final margin indicated.
I picked him on a hunch because I knew he'd fill the running HB role with Pittard out AND he gets the footy. 5 AFL games only but all over 17 possessions and gets marks as well. As mentioned wouldn't trade to get him but hoping that he might just play a nice role for me.
I had him too...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dahl didn't have much of it early. Mclean had a bit, and was using it at 100% into the second quarter when the game was effectively over. After that Dahl got back into it and Mclean dropped off a little, but with the scaling his ratio stayed pretty good (plus was more contested overall).

You've lost it mate. SPHurn only exists in a parallel world where SC scores are based on quad thickness.
The butcher said to slow cook meat for one hour per inch of thickness.

Hurns 30ish and his quads are still not cooked

Of course people say "I wish I acted sooner" as they are seeing things in hindsight.

Maybe next week 3 of the 6-7 players you're unsure on fail again and then you say "I wish I'd traded them last week". Of course that's the case, but what if you'd traded out one of the players who bounces back.
Or trade in a player who spudded it up Rd. 2

It's not so much that trading Rd. 1 is bad, it's just that it's fraught with danger as so many times you'll see a rookie or premo bounce back.
Eg. Cripps got a 53 in Rd 1 of his 2nd season where he was still a bottom pricer.
Rd. 3 he had 172.

Or even last year when Josh Kennedy (WCE) did a Buddy and top scored week one with 174 points, he then went 82 and 66 after that.
Josh Kennedy also top scored Rd 1 in 2016 (because he's a ******* GUN!!!) - he had 1 ton over his next 6 games.
blahh blah blahhhh

Is the Geelong Fogerty looking like a safe option?
Wanna get rid of Venables and move Garlett forward to get him in.
Hopefully Kruze gets up but if not i'll grab English for Oloopo.

Assuming Kruze gets up, it'll just be the one trade this week.
Then next week i'll go Naughton > Bonner + Clark > English (swing Garlett back into the mids) if they both score well again.
I'm unsure on Geelong Fogerty.
Crows Fogerty is a big no no with two direct replacements to come back in.
The Geelong one has the better JS but also has a lot of competition for points with Danger and Scooter Selwood to come back in.

Save a trade and stick with Venables I reckon.
English is worth grabbing.

I missed that boat due to stubbornness and life getting in the way of team announcements etc

So what happens when you trade in a rookie this week as an aggressive trade to rectify a mistake only for him to stink it up? Puts you in the exact same position minus a couple of trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back