Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got you covered fam

giphy.gif
oh god yes, just yes

Anyone know is Brayshaw from Melbourne and Coffield from St Kilda are a chance to play in the next few weeks ?

If not I will probably down grade them this week

So what happens when you trade in a rookie this week as an aggressive trade to rectify a mistake only for him to stink it up? Puts you in the exact same position minus a couple of trades.
I've been forced to trade out Libba and I've made one correction (to bring in a player I meant to start).

Libba > Cogs
Byrne > Bonner

Will be looking at max 2 rookie adjustments next week but pretty happy with the rooks I've got.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

200-300 behind the leaders.

Not because I have a shit team, just a down week.

Menegola vs Buddy
Hibberd vs Simpson
Fyfe vs other premos
No Titch
Started Brayshaw, Banfield, Clark, Naughton over Holman, Finlayson & Murray.
etc

Sticking fat with my premos, they should come good.
Got the right rookies (English, Doedee, Murray, Garlett etc), but watching Stephenson and both Fogs closely.

Don't have Bonner, but gee he looked good on the weekend. Will wait a week and watch him again.
A repeat performance means I may look at potentially upgrading either Venables/Ryan/Fritsch to Bonner via Sicily.
Or Naughton in a straight swap if he sucks again.

Coniglio looked like a must have at his price, but I don't think I can work him into my team.

EDIT: Ash McGrath might be in for a great SC season. $338k and a solid 102 to begin. Good downgrade option for those with injured DEF's.

Last edited:
All respects to everyone who says save your trades, "don't trade after only the first round".
First 2 weeks the only time of the year when prices aren't changing yet. It's a chance to rectify mistakes without financial penalty. Trading Rnd1 gives you more options week 2, when every year I hear people say they wish they acted sooner on a trade rather than be quashed rnd2 with only 2 trades available before the price rise. It's IMO the best time to move, and move aggressively.

You better be 1000% confident though on who you're trading in round 1 though, because you're throwing out close to two months of agonising research/team selection - and three weeks of pre-season form - out the window simply to chase round 1's points. And round 1 is literally just one round, it's not necessarily an indication of form to come.

Price changes can also work in your favour. The under-performing premos like Hibberd, Bont, Merrett, Kreuzer and Zorko are now going to be cheaper in two weeks, if they bounce back in round 2 you can rectify mistakes with them and save money, potentially.

I've been forced to trade out Libba and I've made one correction (to bring in a player I meant to start).

Libba > Cogs
Byrne > Bonner

Will be looking at max 2 rookie adjustments next week but pretty happy with the rooks I've got.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Obviously injuries are the exception. I see a lot of people trading in Bonner this week, im not really sure why to be honest. I just don’t think I’ll want him in my starting side by the end of the year and his price means he’s not going to make a lot of cash either.
200-300 behind the leaders.

Not because I have a shit team, just a down week.

Menegola vs Buddy
Hibberd vs Simpson
Fyfe vs other premos
No Titch
Started Brayshaw, Banfield, Clark, Naughton over Holman, Finlayson & Murray.
etc

Sticking fat with my premos, they should come good.
Got the right rookies (English, Doedee, Murray, Garlett etc), but watching Stephenson and both Fogs closely.

Don't have Bonner, but gee he looked good on the weekend. Will wait a week and watch him again.
A repeat performance means I may look at potentially upgrading either Venables/Ryan/Fritsch to Bonner via Sicily.
Or Naughton in a straight swap if he sucks again.

Coniglio looked like a must have at his price, but I don't think I can work him into my team.

EDIT: Ash McGrath might be in for a great SC season. $338k and a solid 102 to begin. Good downgrade option for those with injured DEF's.
If you’re 200-300 behind the leaders that means you scored 2300-2400, not sure how this is a ‘down week’. No way you’ll average that over the year.
A down week is limping to 2000.

Hey troops, apart from managing to hold Gawn on my bench and not select him as Emergency as part of my VC/C selections, I’m pretty happy. But i’m thinking of getting on the front foot early. I’m worried Zerrett will feature in concussive tackles this year and I’ve been burnt by Zorko before.

So therefore

Zac Merrett —> Cripps
Zorko —> Kade Simpson via DPP

Which gives me $350k and I feel a bit better balance.

Any suggestions?

Also at the risk of being a complete Numpty what is JS?

Hey troops, apart from managing to hold Gawn on my bench and not select him as Emergency as part of my VC/C selections, I’m pretty happy. But i’m thinking of getting on the front foot early. I’m worried Zerrett will feature in concussive tackles this year and I’ve been burnt by Zorko before.

So therefore

Zac Merrett —> Cripps

Any suggestions?

job security

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So therefore

Zac Merrett —> Cripps

Any suggestions?

Hold both. Why did you pick them?

I'm unsure on Geelong Fogerty.
Crows Fogerty is a big no no with two direct replacements to come back in.
The Geelong one has the better JS but also has a lot of competition for points with Danger and Scooter Selwood to come back in.

Save a trade and stick with Venables I reckon.
English is worth grabbing.

I missed that boat due to stubbornness and life getting in the way of team announcements etc
:) Tex is back ......Fogs is still in the side .....he can actually play fwd & def .....gee i hope he makes some $$$$

If you’re 200-300 behind the leaders that means you scored 2300-2400, not sure how this is a ‘down week’. No way you’ll average that over the year.
A down week is limping to 2000.

Leaders in our leagues. Not overall. I scored just under 2,200. But whether it's 500 or 100 points the difference, the gap is irrelevant at this stage.

When the whips are cracking I want a team full of premos, so no knee-jerk trades. Careful rookie selections a must. Bottomed-out premos looked at.
Holding your nerve and not chasing points is crucial!

Though I do subscribe to the aggressive early correction theory, I don't think my team would benefit much from it so far.

All respects to everyone who says save your trades, "don't trade after only the first round".
First 2 weeks the only time of the year when prices aren't changing yet. It's a chance to rectify mistakes without financial penalty. Trading Rnd1 gives you more options week 2, when every year I hear people say they wish they acted sooner on a trade rather than be quashed rnd2 with only 2 trades available before the price rise. It's IMO the best time to move, and move aggressively.

A man after my own heart :thumbsu::rainbow::fire: I will be trading hard; will be trading early; will be trading often......and loving it.:)

Looking at a few Dogs with Libba going down

Can anyone explain this??

6 Luke Dahlhaus 98dt 88sc 10k 19h 4m 4t 1/0 12cp 8c 3clg 82%

16 Toby McLean 68dt 91sc 8k 12h 1m 4t 1/0 11cp 8c 2clg 85%

Looking at the stats it seems Dahl was ripped off and Toby got the KOTD treatment? McLean CD's new lovechild or is there a better reason for the scores?

Pretty sure McLean was on about 40 odd after the first Q before the game was totally over, was going at 100%.
Then just slowly notched up an extra 50 over 3 Qs.
Dahl accumulated later, when the game was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back