Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forced to trade out my injured POD mid-price gun in Libba. Opted to switch him with Garlett and then trade for Billings to help bolster my FWD line, which allows me to only worry about fielding one rookie in Fritsch.

I also pulled the trigger on Naughton > Bonner early as I may need to use two trades for rookie corrections next week. I like Bonner's solid scoring history, and playing Pittard's usual run-and-carry rebound role is favourable to his playing style. This also helps me build a bit of bench depth, but albeit trying to guess the right selection of 3 solid rookie options for just 2 positions makes it a harder guessing game.

English is on the radar next week.

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 10.59.04 PM.png

1 day ago: “think I’ll hold

Round 2 Trades Left: 0

Olango to English

Naughton to Bonner
I really think you should've given Olango another week.

Yeah he did score poorly last week but always give them rooks two weeks I reckon.

Oops! Just traded Hibberd to Bonner completely by accident. Was just pencilling in some trade possibilities for next week thinking I could reverse my trades. I blame the confusion of currently being overseas.
I'm not one to trade premiums or sideways so I feel a bit weird at the moment! Could this be the masterpiece?

Oops! Just traded Hibberd to Bonner completely by accident. Was just pencilling in some trade possibilities for next week thinking I could reverse my trades. I blame the confusion of currently being overseas.
I'm not one to trade premiums or sideways so I feel a bit weird at the moment! Could this be the masterpiece?

Chances are probably not....

I have to replace Libba.

At the moment I'm looking at Acres. Can anyone who watched the Saints last week give an opinion, I only saw a small fraction of the game.

His marks and DE were up and he had plenty of contested ball. Obviously he's not going 140 every week with high contested numbers and high DE, but does this reflect a new role this year? Don't recall him standing out in the pre season.

I have to replace Libba.

At the moment I'm looking at Acres. Can anyone who watched the Saints last week give an opinion, I only saw a small fraction of the game.

His marks and DE were up and he had plenty of contested ball. Obviously he's not going 140 every week with high contested numbers and high DE, but does this reflect a new role this year? Don't recall him standing out in the pre season.
He has been teasing for the last year or so. My dad is big saints fan and says he had lost some puppy fat, got a haircut and looks the real deal.
I want to pick him myself, just need to see how he goes this week to confirm his potential.

This trade I have a strong feeling I will do, but it will involve M Crouch....miss my Original Piggy:'(:'(*

NOTE: I posted this on Wednesday night 7:34 pm, other wise known as Seinfeld night.

*still love your splendid loins
TheBeardAmigos can you move this to the nailed it thread?:'(

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has been teasing for the last year or so. My dad is big saints fan and says he had lost some puppy fat, got a haircut and looks the real deal.
I want to pick him myself, just need to see how he goes this week to confirm his potential.
Watched a bit of the replay yesterday and he did look good but also opposition weren't manning up on him at all so he had a lot of space. Definitely worth waiting another week before getting. Do you have cogs? I've got JOM and quietly happy with what I saw, think each game he will get more 'match concentration fitness' and his DE will steadily improve.

Watched a bit of the replay yesterday and he did look good but also opposition weren't manning up on him at all so he had a lot of space. Definitely worth waiting another week before getting. Do you have cogs? I've got JOM and quietly happy with what I saw, think each game he will get more 'match concentration fitness' and his DE will steadily improve.

Yes I do have Cogs and JOM but I also have too many good rookies on the midfield bench so the smart move would be to move Garlett to the midfield bench and strengthen my forward line with an underpriced premo. I have $445k (Libba plus 11.5k).

No on cogs. Is an easy option to bring in, just not sure he is top 10 mid and have my boy Kelly already from Gws.
Would have been happy to start with JOM as I think he will be a great starting pick, but at this stage I am being patient and looking to bring keepers.
I have another issue called ANB who had the potential to become an infection but as I started eith him I own him a week.
Happy with my rookies so looking to get a double premo trade next week with libba, my bank and ANB if he stinks it up again.

Yes I do have Cogs and JOM but I also have too many good rookies on the midfield bench so the smart move would be to move Garlett to the midfield bench and strengthen my forward line with an underpriced premo. I have $445k (Libba plus 11.5k).
Sicily, Smith or Trac?

No on cogs. Is an easy option to bring in, just not sure he is top 10 mid and have my boy Kelly already from Gws.
Would have been happy to start with JOM as I think he will be a great starting pick, but at this stage I am being patient and looking to bring keepers.
I have another issue called ANB who had the potential to become an infection but as I started eith him I own him a week.
Happy with my rookies so looking to get a double premo trade next week with libba, my bank and ANB if he stinks it up again.
looked at ANB seriously too but overall thought he was a little vanilla and didn't go there. Dunkley could be an option if you want to make some money too. Had most of his possessions after Libba went down so could be slotted as that inside grunt role.

looked at ANB seriously too but overall thought he was a little vanilla and didn't go there. Dunkley could be an option if you want to make some money too. Had most of his possessions after Libba went down so could be slotted as that inside grunt role.
Getting old and crusty and just not interested in these mid price temptations. Looked at Graham, glad i didnt. Dunkley dame imo but not a bad choice if you started with him.
Now when trades are real you have to be a lot more selective. Real rookies, real premos for me now that season has started.

Got the first 2 - was looking at Trac just then. Maybe worth a punt.

I could also hold Libba for a week and use him as a loophole which gives me another look at Acres, Trac etc
My problem with Pettacca is he looks overweight and a reminds me alot of that guy in under 16s from the other team,with the moustache, who used to drive to the game. Looked really good and dominated the game but never really went at 100%.
Maybe in a year or 2 the penny will drop, just not sold on him this year.

My problem with Pettacca is he looks overweight and a reminds me alot of that guy in under 16s from the other team,with the moustache, who used to drive to the game. Looked really good and dominated the game but never really went at 100%.
Maybe in a year or 2 the penny will drop, just not sold on him this year.
being a late developer myself I remember those bastards all to well! I pulled Trac from the team at the last minute and put Lobb in there. have you got Lobb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back