Autopsy Round 20, 2022: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

In a tight race, really disappointing that the ‘fix’ture has us play:

0 double up games against bottom 9 teams
5 double up games against top 9 teams

And we can’t say it’s unlucky because some of those teams were unexpected bolsters this year. It was a ridiculously difficult fixture by any metric pre-season, made worse as the season went on.

Doesn’t matter anyway as we don’t have the game or team that can challenge right now. But I would’ve liked to have made/missed the 8 on merit rather than the fixture.

And we can’t say it’s unlucky because some of those teams were unexpected bolsters this year. It was a ridiculously difficult fixture by any metric pre-season, made worse as the season went on.

Doesn’t matter anyway as we don’t have the game or team that can challenge right now. But I would’ve liked to have made/missed the 8 on merit rather than the fixture.
Double up against Hawks?

TBH we should have beaten Port and Bombers and then we would have made it, tough draw or not.

giphy.gif

I'm checking out. I don't have the ability or the agility to keep this up.

Thank ****. My head's hurting.

I see it a bit like Ross Lyon with Cousins. If you are expecting someone to come in and do all the work for you you're not looking at the real issues. Lobb is a ordinary. Probably realistically he's Hayes level but with a bit more height for the ruck.

De Goey has impact but he's pretty much nose to nose with Gresham. If people get frustrated with Gresham, having two should double frustration for some. I'd seriously look at Matt Crouch, having a top mid in spare like last night was a huge help.
M Crouch is a crab. The game is trying to move towards more impact per possession.

Reckon you are the one that is confused nothing George has said is unclear.

You are just niggling for the sake of it.

Do you think Sharman deserves to be in the side? I do.
Niggling is when posters can't construct a persuasive argument and resort to name calling or childish emojis, giffs or memes. Or they chime into the discussion with zero constructive input like you have. An opposing view is not niggling. Maybe you prefer ehco chambers reserved for fan boy love ins where everyone must have the same view.

Niggling is when posters can't construct a persuasive argument and resort to name calling or childish emojis, giffs or memes. Or they chime into the discussion with zero constructive input like you have. An opposing view is not niggling. Maybe you prefer ehco chambers reserved for fan boy love ins where everyone must have the same view.

As someone who finds it hard to back down, best to give in. They aren't listening. You're just raising your own stress levels.

As someone who finds it hard to back down, best to give in. They aren't listening. You're just raising your own stress levels.
Hard to know what people are feeling when they post. Sometimes its just to shit stir, sometimes its 'someone is wrong on the internet' and sometimes its just people with differing opinions that think they are correct and that isn't going to change

Not at all stressed. That would be silly on a social media platform, especially an anonymous one. Opposing views presented in a calm and objective way is not stressful passtime. That plus it's just a game.

I see it a bit like Ross Lyon with Cousins. If you are expecting someone to come in and do all the work for you you're not looking at the real issues. Lobb is a ordinary. Probably realistically he's Hayes level but with a bit more height for the ruck.

De Goey has impact but he's pretty much nose to nose with Gresham. If people get frustrated with Gresham, having two should double frustration for some. I'd seriously look at Matt Crouch, having a top mid in spare like last night was a huge help.
Gringo do you understand midfield balance or it all about possessions. Crouch would be a disaster. It just isn’t happening.

Hard to know what people are feeling when they post. Sometimes its just to s**t stir, sometimes its 'someone is wrong on the internet' and sometimes its just people with differing opinions that think they are correct and that isn't going to change

When people pile on, in my experience you get in the zone and start fighting back even when you know you should probably shut up. You keep knuckling down like your pride depends on it. I usually find if people keep arguing with you you keep it going. The best way to make it stop is to stop making comments and he'll simmer down. When someone is fired up it's kind of shit to keep poking them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing to do with fan boy love etc, You made some statements about a 15 game player that were just wrong
lacks agility for one is just not correct

So you’re not niggling when you call anyone with an opposing view fan boys?

When people pile on, in my expense you get in the zone and start fighting back even when you know you should probably shut up. You keep knuckling down like your pride depends on it. I usually find if people keep arguing with you you keep it going. The best way to make it stop is to stop making comments and he'll simmer down. When someone is fired up it's kind of s**t to keep poking them.
If anyone writes crap and they continue then it’s fine to keep going. I have no problem with cairnsman not rating Sharman. He is a 20 to 30 player at the moment. Hardly earth shattering if you think he struggles. Saying Steele struggles deserves a pile on. Anyway we take an anonymous site far to seriously. If anyone doesn’t like people piling in if they comment is rubbish then get off here or ignore it. Anyway I don’t get the pile on stuff anyway. Plenty pile in when someone says the list is no good. Plenty pile in when someone says the coach is no good. It isn’t picking on a poster though. It’s picking on their position. By the way gringo no drinks today. It’s getting a little tired. Try calling me a red face prick as they do at Ormond.

What ever.
Really? Is that how it’s going to be when I make a comment know. Your two best mates liked it. Tell me how crouch works in an already slow midfield. Adelaide won’t play him and he averages 27 possessions a game. We need pace. We need burst speed. We don’t need slow mids who rack up useless possessions. Surely you are better than whatever.

Nothing to do with fan boy love etc, You made some statements about a 15 game player that were just wrong
lacks agility for one is just not correct
Pretty sure agility is an issue, he has the turning circle of the titanic which is not unusual for tall players but it is still highly desirable to have a level of agility. The defensive side of his game when he was selected in the forward line was very poor and his lack of agility probably doesn't help in that regard. Looks like he's good in strait lines and running and jumping at the ball hence why maybe they are experimenting with him as either an intercepting defender or just a punch and kill the contest type. If the ball goes past him it takes him too much time to react and get back for a second effort or defend and hold the ball in F50. Watch the replays of the Crows and North games if want examples. Got caught out of postion way too often. And was dropped after those games, and now he's a defender. Worth the experiment I recon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2022: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back