Toast Round 21 = Melbourne 89-96 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Daisy is my fav commentator. She has great insight and in addition seems very self assured rather than lowering the voice and increasing the accent and slang to be “blokey”. Has she ever coached? Could be a great asset.

I posted when they came out after half time that the team looked really up for it. I couldn’t quite believe it but a part of me felt we would win seeing that. Check the vision.

Although the after match shot of her looking so sad was great to see!!!

Surely some love for Sidebottom, thought he was really good. He ran all night, 4th highest metres gained and was an option on the wing.
12 Kicks 8 hball 9 marks 1 tackle 2 clearances 426 metres gained.

A pivotal contested possie against the one trick pony mister ed. Yeah I still love Sides, had a good year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginny is on the verge of being rested. He isn;t hitting the score board. That's okay kind of if you are putting on forward pressure (he isn't)
making your tackles stick ( he isn't) and putting relentless pressure on rebounding defenders ( he isn't) or being a link up player ( field kicking poor)

He is the weak link in the chain currently when we swarm at the contest to create a turnover.

While i think he is an asset and going to be a great player he( my son loves him and dyed his hair bleach blonde to be like him) he needs to be doing more than he is when ball isn't in hand. small forwards have highs and lows so needs to find other ways to be effective.

on the upside these things can all mostly be rectified. whether thats in the 1s or 2s remains to be seen. hopefully he can recapture his early season form before the AFL sapped him of any confidence he had.

Ginny is on the verge of being rested. He isn;t hitting the score board. That's okay kind of if you are putting on forward pressure (he isn't)
making your tackles stick ( he isn't) and putting relentless pressure on rebounding defenders ( he isn't) or being a link up player ( field kicking poor)

He is the weak link in the chain currently when we swarm at the contest to create a turnover.

While i think he is an asset and going to be a great player he( my son loves him and dyed his hair bleach blonde to be like him) he needs to be doing more than he is when ball isn't in hand. small forwards have highs and lows so needs to find other ways to be effective.

on the upside these things can all mostly be rectified. whether thats in the 1s or 2s remains to be seen. hopefully he can recapture his early season form before the AFL sapped him of any confidence he had.

He kicked 3 goals last week and although didnt kick any himself set up another three against Melbourne so he is having an impact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. I've watched it many times and from what we see, he didn't take a step. Puzzling.
I haven't watched replays but it baffled me live. I thought he was in the motion of taking a step, but the Melbourne player was surely inside the protected space anyway?

The tenacious toff braved the crowds and actually went to the game! “They(she said it like she was talking about rioters) were just so loud. Do you think it might influence the umpires(pronounced “armpaiers”)?”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Like that free kick we didn't in our forward line for incorrect disposal just prior to Melbourne getting a free, a 50 and goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 21 = Melbourne 89-96 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back