Preview Round 22, 2018: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 18 August 2018, 7.25pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This was my point with the post above (hopefully people saw the sarcasm font I added).

Without Schoey we don't get those two goals. Yet all he got on the stats sheet were two measly handballs.

Just quietly you're victim to a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Because Schoey was involved in those goals it is not evidence that those goals occurred because of his involvement. Another player could have made the same contribution.

I'm not actually arguing the point, just highlighting the logical error.

Just quietly you're victim to a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Because Schoey was involved in those goals it is not evidence that those goals occurred because of his involvement. Another player could have made the same contribution.

I'm not actually arguing the point, just highlighting the logical error.
Not necessarily

Shoey was able to stand up in the tackle, raise his arms up out of the way of the tackler, and dish off a handball to a teammate

Imagine that Miles (any small light player) had the ball instead, they could’ve easily been tackled and not given off a handball

Unchanged you would have to presume. Hopefully they can keep the adrenalin going and not take this one too lightly.

If I was doing a change it would be for the sake of change and maybe give Cegs a rest and give Pitto another run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Birchall wont play this weekend, they will look at him next week and make a decision on what next. Great position to be in with players coming back next few weeks - as everyone is talking about the decisions regarding selection. Competition for spots makes everyone hungry for best performance which is great.

As I said. We’re loading up for the Ronke rematch.

Definitely

I still have nightmares. That game railroaded the season. Redemption needed!

A lot of whatif moments this season, however to find ourselves fourth and the ability to stay there is a great effort.

Destiny in our hands is so much better.

Always the hard way at hawthorn. Never a reliance on others! Unlike other clubs.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Hopefully two close games against rivals doesn't leave us with a sense of complacency or just tired. Really need this game, need to crack out the "one week at a time" cliche
Agree. We need to bring the same intensity and ferocity we have the last 2 weeks. We do that and we win comfortably. Anything less who knows?

Hopefully two close games against rivals doesn't leave us with a sense of complacency or just tired. Really need this game, need to crack out the "one week at a time" cliche

Agreed

Internally, much will be said about the Carlton performance last season. Whilst the circumstances were different, we went in thinking it was easy.

We have copped too many reality checks in 2018. North first half, ronke and the final five minutes, Brisbane double etc. All painful reminders.

I truly believe the club will make a massive statement this week and the fear will set in across the competition. The footy world wants our demise this week. You can feel the panic. All the shows focusing on us etc. The collective omg they might be back, is starting to sting.

Our performances are against the script for 2018, and that’s dangerous. We are building!

KOLOKOTRONIS

Reckon we might rest Burgoyne. He is crucial to the Swans game, and to our chances in finals. Last chance to rest him.

He was playing 80%+ game time before the hammy and has played 60%, 68% and 69% in the three games since his return, which suggests all is not right, or concerns re workload-related recurrence.

Pretty amazing to lead the tackles with 13 (next best Shiels with 9, Ablett & Worpel with 8) when only playing two-thirds of the game.
Absolutely totally agree!

Cohesion is such an understanding-rated thing in footy. Keeping the same guys playing together week in, week out.

In saying this it is also so easy to forget players who are injured such as Howe who was a shining light when when we were playing like crap.

If it were up to me and I somehow knew the fitness of all players my selection would go something like this:

Roughy for Shoe (and Shoe only)
McEvoy for Pittonet (and Pittonenet only)
Howe for Nash (Nash only)
Birchall stays out unless he plays this week and stars in our next two games (Miles has been awesome, you cannot drop him)
Sicily (for Brand only)

I say all these (only’s) because I don’t know the fitness of players and I don’t want to mess with the cohesion unless they are fit and proven.

If we steal a flag this year and make no mistake it will be a ‘steal’ it will come down to cohesion, fitness and form. Don’t mess with that in anyway. It’s about winning premierships and I don’t want to lose playing ‘names’ over the players who have us in this position. I’d also like to see us rest some guys who need it. Rest Burgoyne. Maybe even Mitchell (yes I said it). Because we will likely beat the Saints you’d think, but the Swans game is going to go down to the wire and we need a total full team effort to beat them and it’s going to likely decide our top 4 chances and whether we can ‘steal’ this flag. And we can, make no mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back