Preview Round 22, 2018: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 18 August 2018, 7.25pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The absolute perfect team going into finals for mine (albeit left field) but Clarko has proven over the years he makes big moves before finals before you all laugh...

Burton......Frawley......Miles
Hardwick...Roughy.....Stratton
Smith.......Mitchell.....Impey
Poppy.......Gunston....Morrison
Breust......Sicily........Worpell

Rucks... McEvoy...Howe...Jaegar

Bench...Henderson...Burgoyne...Ceglar...Shiels
I like the concept & mixing it up, but no way would I want to see Sicily at FF. Other than maybe Ruck, I reckon that would be the most ineffective position on the ground for him.

Both are finals types players play both

Love the general optimism fueled in part by recent results. I think most would agree we have overachieved thus far this season given our list which is why I doubt the boys will get much beyond the first week of finals given our reliance/expectations on our rookies. All due respect to Roughy but it would also help if we had a big forward who could take some contested marks.

The absolute perfect team going into finals for mine (albeit left field) but Clarko has proven over the years he makes big moves before finals before you all laugh...

swap Roughead and Sicily around

the 2 emergencies are then Birchall and Shoe

that would be our best 24 for September

Let's hope he can bounce back from that 32 disposal game. (Equal highest on the ground with GAblett who received many plaudits). Poor Tom...... ;-)
Danger did get 40, mostly contested, and Gaz scored 3 goals. Some of Tom's most valuable work didn't score at all - when he was at or near the bottom of the pack, forcing repeated stoppages in the last frantic minutes.

Tom did well despite the tag, as he was blocking for Jaeger a lot of the time. He is a true team player, but the Charlie, and some finals success would be a just reward for a stellar year.

Let's hope he can bounce back from that 32 disposal game. (Equal highest on the ground with GAblett who received many plaudits). Poor Tom...... ;-)
Don't forget the 6 clearances, 7 tackles and 6 inside 50's while being scragged by some grub at every single stoppage.

Hard to not get excited - spring is in the air and we’re in the mix despite a big gap to the the top team(s).

Normally would head to Etihad reluctantly to sit under its soulless roof. This week quite different.

50 pt win over in-turmoil Saints. A bit different to last year. What happened to them in the last 12 months?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year we’ve put together 1 shocker every 4-6 weeks.
Hopefully if we are due for another it’s this week. The saints are so bad that we could play at half power with 15 mins of power footy and that will be enough. We won’t get another soft opposition for the rest of the year.

Hopefully the shockers are behind us though and we are full steam ahead to whatever happens this season (Prelim is my tip)

No thanks, wtf, no shocker this week, it could kill off what has been a big turnaround with potentially more to
come. No need to even give the saints a sniff. Surely we are up and about for good now.

We won’t need any motivation v Syd and we get a week off after that anyway....so let’s hope like heck we are switched on this week.

I remember he went with an unknown ruckman with a french sounding name once, overlooking another ruckman who gave up his spot while he was 'rested'

I remember he went with an unknown ruckman with a french sounding name once, overlooking another ruckman who gave up his spot while he was 'rested'

Just another renouf the mill player from memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back