Review Round 22, 2023 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Played like a top 4 side today and had a very good, impressive win.

I said in the match day thread you come to the footy to watch Zak Butters. Add Rozee and Horne Francis, super talents.

Much better games from Wines, Bergmann and Williams. Junior Rioli is starting to do what we recruited him for- kick goals.

That was possibly the best game I have seen from Horne-Francis, he has talent and physical strength to go with it. For the first time in his AFL career JHF intimidated the opposition.

I thought Hayes did OK, he didn't win the tap out count but he was competitive and did some good things around the ground. If he was carrying an injury as Tredders seems to believe then it was a bloody gutsy effort. Sam's effort released Finlayson to play forward, the pity is that Finlayson didn't kick straight, if he had he might have had 5 goals.

Champions deserve to be talked about respectfully.
Boak more than most.

Please don't ever forget the decisions he has made to support this club and his efforts to train both himself and others to be at their best.
I would love to see him have a role at the club for another 20 years once he ticks off the 350 games.

Congratulations on the 4 points Port, on the top 4 finish and on the worst kept secret of the coaching mentorship.
An absolute win/win in my book.
I agree, but if port is serious about trying to win the premiership then Boak is nit best 22 with minimal outs.

Good to see Wines show some form to help the midfield. We looked a bit lost with out a proper ruck when hayes went off - he was good I thought. Dursma needs to pick up before finals as does Lord. Lord looks strong and tough enough so we need to persist with him Allir , Williams and Bergman were good in that order and Jonas was passable - I guess. The ref saw to it that we didn't totally annihilate them. A dominant side looses the free count? - only Port!

Good win tonight, and was able to enjoy it with Carr out of the running for the Tiges job. That said we never really looked that ruthless or convincing, and felt pretty easy to score against.

Hayes did a solid role in ruck. JHF absolute superstar performance. Wines back to being a really strong contributor.

Then a few other guys like Drew just going from strength to strength.

There is clearly at minimum a premiership-worthy group of young guys here, if not multiple premiership worthy. The key is going to be to get a coaching group that can capitalise on it. I'm not yet convinced we have that yet but let's see what happens in September.

Rozee, Butters, Wines and JHF with 119 possessions and 4 goals between them. That's the game pretty much.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit to Willie Rioli too. His form over his past 6 or so matches has been superb. He kicks goals, doesn’t lose contests, applies pressure and brings teammates into the play. Love the way he’s playing.

Need Farrell, Jones, Bergman to find some form. Williams was good but the other young defenders have fallen off.
Yeah Bergman was shit today

Not all 21:10s are equal, to me we still wasted quite a few golden opportunities... Finlayson in particular (as great as he's been overall).
Early forecast for Perth next Sunday is mainly fine and 21C - given a fast track, we should be able to exploit them with our pace. Should be a terrific game though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22, 2023 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back