Trades Round 22 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cripps to one of Steele/Mills/Parish/Walsh - genuinely no idea which to choose.

Potentially also Darcy to Gawn with the final trade (but may also hold it over for the final week given the likelihood of Covid/players being sent in for surgery).

DON'T GO TOO FAR AWAY!

The case involving Patrick Cripps has been brought forward and is expected to begin at 6.15pm.

Kelly ban upheld.

Merrett despite his 5 game average is not and has never been a super premo in this game, this past weekend was proof of that. He is a very good player, and happy I picked him up at a bargain 520K, however he is not in the same world as the likes of Laird, Oliver, Neale, Touk, Steele, Walsh, Parish, Mills etc etc.

averages since the bye

Walsh = 108

Mills = 111

Macrae = 111

Steele = 115

Merrett = 117

Parish = 94* (3 games for an injured 51 then 112 & 120 - averaging 118 pre injury)

Neale, Oliver, Laird & Touk at a level above all others this year - Zerrett is well in the mix with all the rest and has history of 110-115 averages

- that said due to his price he wont be the one to replace Cripps for me.

averages since the bye

Walsh = 108

Mills = 111

Macrae = 111

Steele = 115

Merrett = 117

Parish = 94* (3 games for an injured 51 then 112 & 120 - averaging 118 pre injury)

Neale, Oliver, Laird & Touk at a level above all others this year - Zerrett is well in the mix with all the rest and has history of 110-115 averages

What's Bray Freo since the bye ?

averages since the bye

Walsh = 108

Mills = 111

Macrae = 111

Steele = 115

Merrett = 117

A bloke that isn't on your list...

When I paid 620k for Josh Kelly, he had a 5 round average of 130.

Since I bought him he's averaged 96.75 over 8 games.

Across that 8 games, Zerrett has averaged 118. And he was 520k - a 100k saving.

I even said at the time, "y'all zig - ima zag"

I SHOULD HAVE ZIGGED GODDAMN IT

averages since the bye

Walsh = 108

Mills = 111

Macrae = 111

Steele = 115

Merrett = 117

That 117 average contains games all bar 1 without Parish in the side and against bad or depleted opposition with the exception of the pies who back Thier system and let Oppo mids run wild and the swans where he kicked 3 goals, which we won't see all too often.

Before the byes he had 2 scores in 15 rounds over 120, with 3 scores in the 90s and a 57 for a 103 Avg, as I said still a great buy at 520k.

I'd love to be proven wrong, as someone who doesn't have Laird Merrett has kept me afloat with those Laird like scores in recent weeks, however it feels he may be coming back down to earth a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season is shot in terms of ranking, have slipped out to about 6800.

Still in two cash league prelims so hopefully can make something of a disappointing year.

1 trade left. Cripps has to go as my cover is Hough/Owens.

Can afford up to $588k.

Options are pretty much the same as everyone else:

A) Mills - Safe option
B) Walsh - potential for upside with half the blues mids missing. Melbourne unlikely to tag.
C) Parish - big upside potential.
D) swing Parker into the Mid, Marshall fwd and take Gawn.

I'm leaning toward Mills.

Thoughts?

Season is shot in terms of ranking, have slipped out to about 6800.

Still in two cash league prelims so hopefully can make something of a disappointing year.

1 trade left. Cripps has to go as my cover is Hough/Owens.

Can afford up to $588k.

Options are pretty much the same as everyone else:

A) Mills - Safe option
B) Walsh - potential for upside with half the blues mids missing. Melbourne unlikely to tag.
C) Parish - big upside potential.
D) swing Parker into the Mid, Marshall fwd and take Gawn.

I'm leaning toward Mills.

Thoughts?
Gawn imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back