Trades Round 22 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team before trades

1659948614010.png
So Cripps needs to go.
Options are Mills, Steele, Walsh, Parish and Wines.
Then I have to decide if I do a second trade.
Darcy to Gawn seems obvious. But If I take Wines for Cripps (Port have Ess and Adel last 2) I can go Macdonald to Roma and he can cover any line bar defence.
At this stage I'm leaning toward Gawn and Steele for Darcy and Cripps.
But I worry I have such shit cover and the 23rd man may be valuable.
Any ideas?

Team before trades

View attachment 1470525
So Cripps needs to go.
Darcy to Gawn seems obvious. But If I take Wines for Cripps (Port have Ess and Adel last 2) I can go Macdonald to Roma and he can cover any line bar defence.
But I worry I have such s**t cover and the 23rd man may be valuable.
Any ideas?
Keep it simple with Steele and Gawn I reckon

Only 1 week after this, and worst case Owens/McDonald can cover and it'll cost you 50-60 points
Steele/Gawn is likely to give you that this week.

But at this stage we're gambling on 2 weeks of form, bit like the start of the year where there are probably no correct answers

Two options for last 2 trades:

Wehr > Hollands via DPP
Cripps > Laird

Pros: Laird, can swing HH back for cover if needed.
Cons: Stuck with Jackson/Hobbs/Hollands playing F6.

Jackson > Dunkley
Cripps > any mid under $553k

Pros: Finally gets rid of Jackson, 22 actual premos.
Cons: No Laird, no defensive cover, no standout M8 for that price.

Two trades left, still got Hewett, and now Cripps - gives me $1,105,700 to spend with the ability to get people on any line.

View attachment 1470521

Mills, Parish, Walsh, Macrae, Dawson, Gawn, Parker are the popular names I don't have. Hall, Bolton, even Hawkins look nice as PODs. Can get quite a few combinations of them but not all of them. Really don't know what to do.

You need to get Cameron off the field and cover Cripps. I'd go Hewett/Cripps in the bin via your DPP's, Bring in an M8 and R2 and put Cameron on the bench as cover.

Itll also open up your broken DPP links. (Hewett out, Burgoyne to mids, Voss to def, Cameron to f7)

Bit of a risk with Hawkins.. potential of being rested against West Coast. I've got him, but im very happy i've got decent cover too.

he would be my 23rd man - looking for someone who is capable of big scores to loop

I'll likely just replace Cripps this week and hold my last trade

You need to get Cameron off the field and cover Cripps. I'd go Hewett/Cripps in the bin via your DPP's, Bring in an M8 and R2 and put Cameron on the bench as cover.

Itll also open up your broken DPP links. (Hewett out, Burgoyne to mids, Voss to def, Cameron to f7)

The good news is that I've got enough DPP cover to swing Cameron down to F6/F7 with most trade options I can make, which is nice, because outside of Gawn none of the ruck options speak to me With Grundy confirmed out for the rest of the season though, do they stop using Cox as a Grundy placeholder and just move Cameron back into the ruck though?

Who to trade out for Gawn? Treloar, Goldstein, Brodie or Short?
I'm leaning towards Goldy or Treloar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team before trades

View attachment 1470525
So Cripps needs to go.
But I worry I have such s**t cover and the 23rd man may be valuable.
Any ideas?
Trade Cripps if the ban is upheld.

Hold the door. Bound to need that last trade next week.

If Cripps gets off :moustache: then trade Hodor.

If Cripps doesn't overturn his suspension i'll be trading him to Parish ($200 short of mills :mad:)

If Cripps is free to play, I will most likely trade that potato Hodor to someone who does not give away a million free kicks, and can also take a mark in Holler for a Marshall. Also tempted to do Zerrett > Mills and Darcy > Gawn but will leave no trades which I dont like going into GF weekend.

If Cripps doesn't overturn his suspension i'll be trading him to Parish ($200 short of mills :mad:)

If Cripps is free to play, I will most likely trade that potato Hodor to someone who does not give away a million free kicks, and can also take a mark in Holler for a Marshall. Also tempted to do Zerrett > Mills and Darcy > Gawn but will leave no trades which I dont like going into GF weekend.

Zerret? your flicking a guy with a 5 round 125 avg for a guy with a 5 round 110 avg? thats not how you supercoach sir.

Zerret? your flicking a guy with a 5 round 125 avg for a guy with a 5 round 110 avg? thats not how you supercoach sir.

Sounds ridiculous right? And I highly doubt i'll do it as I dont wanna go into the final week without a trade. No doubt there will be some carnage to come.

But all I am worried about is what they average in the last 2 games of the season. Merrett despite his 5 game average is not and has never been a super premo in this game, this past weekend was proof of that. He is a very good player, and happy I picked him up at a bargain 520K, however he is not in the same world as the likes of Laird, Oliver, Neale, Touk, Steele, Walsh, Parish, Mills etc etc.

Mills on the other hand, has the pies this week, who back themselves each week and never tag, Mills will go 125+ this week without a doubt, win lose or draw and should finish the season off strongly against the saints.

The primary objective would be to get the cash i need, to turn the giant potato into Gawn, who is about to go nuclear against De Konning\Pittonet and the Big O, could be anywhere from 60-100 point swing there in 2 weeks.

Gotta take risks in this game, currently ranked just over 200 after losing 40 places over the weekend, If I can make splash in the last 2 weeks and make up some points to get me closer to that top 100 id be pretty happy.

Mills v Collingwood and St Kilda (playing for a top-four spot), or Parish v Port and Richmond (playing for nothing, and just coming back from injury)?

Based on recent record against those sides I would say Parish.

The injury is a worry though.

Mills has been awesome at the SCG this year (although he did drop a 60 there as well).

I think this is one of those ones where you can make an equally good case for both. I’d just pick Mills because he’s averaging more.

Mills v Collingwood and St Kilda (playing for a top-four spot), or Parish v Port and Richmond (playing for nothing, and just coming back from injury)?

The only thing that would be a bit of a concern is how Owens tagged Stewart last week. Would he go to Mills in Round 23?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back