Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to know what the Will Brodie thing is about. Everywhere I go (reddit, youtube) there seems to be insinuations that Brodie has said something to J-Lo that has buried him. It can't honestly be because he was vocal about wanting Mundy to play on another season?

I'd like to know what the Will Brodie thing is about. Everywhere I go (reddit, youtube) there seems to be insinuations that Brodie has said something to J-Lo that has buried him. It can't honestly be because he was vocal about wanting Mundy to play on another season?

Yeah that's what I've heard too, but it's nothing ever specific. He's been named emergency a few times from memory this season.

I don't think it's anything more than JL sticking with his favourites and being steadfast in his belief Brodie doesn't have it.

If that’s true, that’s on Longmuir. Like I said he’s taken 13 years of $ out of Freo over its pitiful 30 year duration. He’s had his use by date imo
Mate, I think you need to get off-line for a bit, this is getting ridiculous

Think Neil Erasmus has just been a better player more consistently at WAFL level tbh. Hasn’t been many opportunities this season.

Brodie was playing poor in 2023 and lost his spot in the side. Due to a lack of versatility to bring him in means a very similar player has to go out for Brodie or Erasmus to come in. That’s been Erasmus when the opportunity has presented itself and it’s probably been that way for twelve months, maybe slightly longer.

That said it does feel a little strange Brodie won’t play a game this season. Probably should’ve been sub against Essendon tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drink the koolaid snuff! You’ve been optimistic so far. Where’s that got ya?
Mate, I'm not someone who posts nothing but positives but your stuff on here at the moment is a bit unhinged (and I am all for you saving yourself 1k a year if you want).

You just need to disconnect from it a bit though, it's not healthy.

It seems like we make very few changes each week with players, but on Footy Furnace they just had a graphic up of the number of players used by teams in the last 5 weeks and we were 3rd from the bottom on a list of least to most with 32 players selected. Does that seem right?

Last edited:
It seems like we make very few changes each week with players, but on Footy Furnace they just had a graphic up of the number of players used by teams in the last 5 weeks and we were 3rd from the bottom on a list of least to most with 32 players selected. Does that seem right?

Yes it is correct. Starting with the 23 vs Melbourne

Aish, Amiss, Banfield, Brayshaw, Chapman, Clark, Cox, Darcy, Frederick, Fyfe, Jackson, O'Meara, Pearce, Ryan, Serong, Sharp, Sturt, Switkowski, Treacy, Wagner, Walker, Walters, Young

Plus for WC
Draper, Emmett

Plus for Essendon
Erasmus

Plus for Geelong
Johnson, Taberner, Voss, Worner

Plus for GWS
O'Driscoll, Reidy

And?
Pendlebury has just played 400 games.
Why wouldn’t Mundy go on?

What did the list management do? Replace him with JOM and push Brodie out. Haven’t made finals since.

Would’ve rather much rather Mundy staying on for another year or two.

There’s no way JOM would’ve been involved with Meek trade had Mundy signed on for another year. Yet again the trade team trying to be cute and smitten with their little acquisitions.

There’s clearly something going on. Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if Brodie asks for a trade.
On top of Fyfe retiring.. would be brutal

Looks like Lob, Hogan, Neal, the hawthorn ruck and Acres will all be playing prominent roles in finals this year. Maybe cerra too.
What are we doing to ourselves
Not really the way to look at it. Anything can be taken out of context to spin some bullshit narrative.

Looks like Lob, Hogan, Neal, the hawthorn ruck and Acres will all be playing prominent roles in finals this year. Maybe cerra too.
What are we doing to ourselves
Hogan will make the GF. Every chance they can win.
I tipped Giants for first. Clear best team with their ball movement, talent and already proven how good they can be in finals last season- only loss by 2 points v Collingwood in the prelim.

Like I said, there’s an Ex Freo 22 out there that can beat the best Freo puts out. It’s horrifically Dockery

And?
Pendlebury has just played 400 games.
Why wouldn’t Mundy go on?

What did the list management do? Replace him with JOM and push Brodie out. Haven’t made finals since.

Would’ve rather much rather Mundy staying on for another year or two.

There’s no way JOM would’ve been involved with Meek trade had Mundy signed on for another year. Yet again the trade team trying to be cute and smitten with their little acquisitions.

There’s clearly something going on. Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if Brodie asks for a trade.
On top of Fyfe retiring.. would be brutal

Well no. I heard Brodie was positive about Mundy playing on. Much like we all were. I think he had another year in him.

The JOM trade was bad in reality and I think we all knew it. The guy was cooked at GC let alone Hawks. Think it came as a surprise to everyone. And it definitely wasn't a Mundy replacement. You can't replace a player like that. One in a million.

Banfield, O'Meara out
Brodie, Erasmus in

There is a reason O'meara has only played 1 final in 180 odd games, he's just not that good
We’ll, he did root his knee in spectacular ways a number of times while playing for an all time historically shit side and then go to Hawthorn when they were on the slide.

I think bad luck more than his personal ability has contributed there.

Bloke could play and can, on his day, contribute on the paddock and you can bet your bottom dollar he contributes every day on the training track.

Sure, we could do with someone better but you could probably honestly say that about 95% of the team. Not many are number 1 in their possies or role.

It’s what they do as a team that counts and currently we are competitive but not good enough.

We get there through the addition of talent and steel - from within or without.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back