Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to know what the Will Brodie thing is about. Everywhere I go (reddit, youtube) there seems to be insinuations that Brodie has said something to J-Lo that has buried him. It can't honestly be because he was vocal about wanting Mundy to play on another season?
Honesty who does he play Infront of in the midfield? Fyfe maybe but Fyfe can go forward & give a contest at worst. Brodie doesn't do that, so he's midfield or bench

Drink the koolaid snuff! You’ve been optimistic so far. Where’s that got ya?
Maybe we have drank the koolaid or do we have realistic expectations on where freo are at?
The list management team is after Bolton Warner & the like. they clearly see we need more talent

There are two Dogs - the one that smashes teams and the one that gets on the piss after smashing teams and then plays like a busted arseh*le.

If we have the sense to show up for four quarters against Port, we are going to benefit from Libba and Co's propensity for self-congratulation.

Out: Cox (omitted)

We're in to 'send a message' selections now. At least Davies will try, even if he's not good enough.
Can't be accepting of the rubbish Cox served up.
Whilst Cox has a lot to improve on this would be one of the silliest moves ever. Cox is probably not even 100% fit.

We're all disappointed, but gee, settle down a bit.

GWS knock off the Dogs
In all honesty I don't think GWS will have much motivation this game now that they have top 4 sewn up.

With Geelong losing on Saturday it's now almost impossible for GWS to have to play in Melbourne week 1 which they would have wanted to avoid, so win or lose they'll be playing in Sydney or Adelaide. Why would they fear port in Adelaide when they know port are susceptible to the pressure of a high stakes home final, seeing they knocked them off there last year? I think they'll be in preservation mode. By contrast the doggies have much more on the line. I think unfortunately the dogs win.

I think Saints at marvel against Carlton is the one that's most likely to get it done for us

And as a follow on to that I am also trying to convince myself that now port also have top 4 sewn up, and knowing how they crap their dacks at home in big finals, we have much more to gain by winning this week than they do. Trying to convince myself.

The saints really did us a favour fixing up Geelong and putting them out of top 2 running. Let's hope the saints can do it again

Hoping we can smack the blues and you guys put Port away to knock Carlton out of the finals. Would much rather see you guys in the 8. Best of luck.
Robert Redford Nod GIF

In all honesty I don't think GWS will have much motivation this game now that they have top 4 sewn up.

With Geelong losing on Saturday it's now almost impossible for GWS to have to play in Melbourne week 1 which they would have wanted to avoid, so win or lose they'll be playing in Sydney or Adelaide. Why would they fear port in Adelaide when they know port are susceptible to the pressure of a high stakes home final, seeing they knocked them off there last year? I think they'll be in preservation mode. By contrast the doggies have much more on the line. I think unfortunately the dogs win.

I think Saints at marvel against Carlton is the one that's most likely to get it done for us
I am 100% sure the Giants would rather have a home QF than away anywhere.
And as a follow on to that I am also trying to convince myself that now port also have top 4 sewn up, and knowing how they crap their dacks at home in big finals, we have much more to gain by winning this week than they do. Trying to convince myself.

The saints really did us a favour fixing up Geelong and putting them out of top 2 running. Let's hope the saints can do it again
This might be a little bit real, but I doubt it plays out on Sunday. Port definitely have absolutely bottled some home finals under Ken and I suspect Ken and any of the longer serving players would be well aware. I think we're more likely to notice this in the actual final.

That said, if the Dogs win, then Port's only concern is Geelong's %. They've got 7% to make up and while I expect the Eagles to get flogged, even 100 points is probably only good for 4%. There is a live chance this is a dead rubber for Port.

There are two Dogs - the one that smashes teams and the one that gets on the piss after smashing teams and then plays like a busted arseh*le.

If we have the sense to show up for four quarters against Port, we are going to benefit from Libba and Co's propensity for self-congratulation.

I get that that’s been the case at points this season - but they’re literally playing for a spot in the 8 along with us and Carlton. I don’t think we can count on them showing up hungover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robert Redford Nod GIF

I am 100% sure the Giants would rather have a home QF than away anywhere.

This might be a little bit real, but I doubt it plays out on Sunday. Port definitely have absolutely bottled some home finals under Ken and I suspect Ken and any of the longer serving players would be well aware. I think we're more likely to notice this in the actual final.

That said, if the Dogs win, then Port's only concern is Geelong's %. They've got 7% to make up and while I expect the Eagles to get flogged, even 100 points is probably only good for 4%. There is a live chance this is a dead rubber for Port.

Geelong need about a 115-120 point combined margin (Gee v WC plus Freo v Port) to overtake the Port percentage.

Geelong might do it all by themselves with a 120 point win, and only need Freo to win by 1 point. Second spot is very much a possibility for the Cats. If WC can lose at home by 65 to the Carlton B team, how much will they lose by at the Cattery?

Last edited:

No motivation if they win and freo beat port they can stay in Sydney until grand final week.

that would be a massive motivation

I think the threshold is around 120 points for Geelong to jump Port on percentage (e.g. 100 point win to Geelong and Freo win by 20 points). Geelong might do it all by themselves with a 120 point win, and only need Freo to win by 1 point. Second spot is very much a possibility for the Cats. If WC can lose at home by 65 to the Carlton B team, how much will they lose by at the Cattery?
I agree that if Geelong win by 100+ that Port have to play.

Odds are Cats flog them by 50-80 and Port just have to avoid getting flogged themselves.

Out: Cox (omitted)

We're in to 'send a message' selections now. At least Davies will try, even if he's not good enough.
Can't be accepting of the rubbish Cox served up.
Seriously!!!! Did you watch the game or just read Mark Robinsons article in the Hun?
Cox was troubled early with calf problems.Probably had we had another back up backman, he would have been subbed out early.
His season has been shattered early with his hamstring injury
Missed 13 weeks .

Geelong need about a 115-120 point combined margin (Gee v WC plus Freo v Port) to overtake the Port percentage.

Geelong might do it all by themselves with a 120 point win, and only need Freo to win by 1 point. Second spot is very much a possibility for the Cats. If WC can lose at home by 65 to the Carlton B team, how much will they lose by at the Cattery?
It is really possible.
West Coast won’t send their best side. It’s in Geelong. They’ll come out kicking the first 7 goals and just pile on.

I think the Saints do Carlton. Hoyne loves how they are playing and are not easy beats.

JLo will back in Cox, but Banfield is 100% not playing. Emmett will come in for him, but not sure if he will be the sub. I like Driz on the HFF being the link guy with bursts in the middle.

Driz is a weapon when he's mentally engaged with the game.

They’ll want a home final

Bloody hell - all three games affecting us are on Sunday, culminating in ours. Strap yourself in
Dont forget North v Hawks on Saturday.....I feel an upset coming on ;)
North, Saints, GWS and we win, we get 6th :)
We arent dead until its officially dead.....Which may well be before we start...

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 24 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back