Preview Round 3, 2018: Richmond v Hawthorn, 8 April 2018, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“You must learn the ways of O’Rourke or f*** off to Car-na-von”

Pretty sure he said that ...???
He said to ASADA, with Hird in the passenger seat "These are not the 'roids you're looking for."

Not convinced Frawley gets up for this one.

What was his injury? I haven't heard or even taken note of that yet.

Assuming he's ok to go though....

In: Frawley, Morrison, Glass

Out: Burgoyne, Sicily, Shoey (just not doing enough).

TOB to go forward and give BB spells with Frawley down back.

PS. Appeal the hell out of the Sicily suspension. Absolute load of bollocks. Was clearly leaving the contest until Cheatwood legged him.

Oh - Was that the / a internal issue?
I have him figured as an over thinker, but there needed to be something else for them to lose patience so quickly.

I think he wanted to test the waters once his contract was up, found few takers, then came back to take up our offer, but we'd withdrawn it.

What was his injury? I haven't heard or even taken note of that yet.

Assuming he's ok to go though....

In: Frawley, Morrison, Glass

Out: Burgoyne, Sicily, Shoey (just not doing enough).

TOB to go forward and give BB spells with Frawley down back.

PS. Appeal the hell out of the Sicily suspension. Absolute load of bollocks. Was clearly leaving the contest until Cheatwood legged him.

Selwood also took a swing at him just prior to the knee. If Cyril can get done for 'attempting to strike', why can't Joel??

Yep will by like Cyril getting rubbed out for punching fresh air against Port a few year back. They will just send a message.

Imo it's not a good look but there was holding and wrestling going on. Accidents happen under those circumstances.
That raises the question why wasn't Duckwood fined for wrestling? Was it because it was Easter, and he was blessed? Or is that the way the AFL treat their favourite sons.

Rioli needs to lift. Was very poor on Monday against an inexperienced defence. 2 kicks (7 posessions) and 3 tackles from a senior player is hard to excuse....if it was anyone else we'd be calling for him to be dropped

But, it wasn't anyone else, and it's what Cyril does, that don't gain possession points that makes him so great.

Rioli needs to lift. Was very poor on Monday against an inexperienced defence. 2 kicks (7 posessions) and 3 tackles from a senior player is hard to excuse....if it was anyone else we'd be calling for him to be dropped
Looks very underdone to me if he is still this quiet in a months time I will start worrying.

Last edited:
Because he has to beast every game.... he had plenty of pressure acts.

We have 4 fast small forwards... doesn't mean all 4 will be firing in stats...

Our backline looks very suspect this week going to need to make more of our chances up forward than against the Cats.
The backline is not suspect its the way we play and our structures. We press up hard once you get out the back its an easy score. That's just the way it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The backline is not suspect its the way we play and our structures. We press up hard once you get out the back its an easy score. That's just the way it is
Agreed. Cats had low inside 50s but were efficient with scoring.

Mind you, Parsons and Parfitt we’re pulling goals out of their arses late.

4 1percenters and a goal assist are excellent additions to the few stats you posted. I'd suggest the additional pressure he laid that wasn't always recorded in tackles also added a lot.

This is the entire point with Rioli - he doesn't need a heap of stats to impact the game. I knew he didn't get a lot of the ball, but I didn't know how little. Watching the game I thought he had a much bigger impact than a few other hawks. I think he contributed to one of the best team wide efforts i've seen in a while

4 1percenters and a goal assist are excellent additions to the few stats you posted. I'd suggest the additional pressure he laid that wasn't always recorded in tackles also added a lot.

This is the entire point with Rioli - he doesn't need a heap of stats to impact the game. I knew he didn't get a lot of the ball, but I didn't know how little. Watching the game I thought he had a much bigger impact than a few other hawks. I think he contributed to one of the best team wide efforts i've seen in a while
Agree, our pressure rating was "through the roof" according to Champion Data. Cyril a big part of this and he's still building up fitness.

Maybe having a fresh player in for Sicily will be okay for this short break (ever the optimist - deep down I’m gutted).

Glass in for Sicily
Morrison in for Burgers.

If both come in it will be a great test for them and Clarko will love seeing how they deal with it.

We are two up already. We are playing the Premiers who will want to prove something after an unconvincing start to the season. If the Tiges play their best I don’t think we stand a chance but in any event it will be a great challenge for our new look line up. We kind of need it if that makes sense

Go Hawks

I'll admit, I thought he was poor. he tried a few things that didn't seem to work in terms of tap ons etc. Minimal overall impact.

However, he a very much interrupted and difficult off-season/pre-season, didn't play any games leading into the season, and just looks short of a gallop. He still puts the fear of god into the opposition with his pressure and pace to the contest. Whilst his overall impact has been lower than normal, he's still been important in the way he has pressured at times.

Looks also like he's being managed into the season, so I'd expect a better showing week on week till he gets full fitness/match sharpness.

I'll admit, I thought he was poor. he tried a few things that didn't seem to work in terms of tap ons etc. Minimal overall impact.

However, he a very much interrupted and difficult off-season/pre-season, didn't play any games leading into the season, and just looks short of a gallop. He still puts the fear of god into the opposition with his pressure and pace to the contest. Whilst his overall impact has been lower than normal, he's still been important in the way he has pressured at times.

Looks also like he's being managed into the season, so I'd expect a better showing week on week till he gets full fitness/match sharpness.

Are we playing him for matchup reasons? He is obviously battling. Hardwick would have big cojones to play his worst small defender on Cyril this week. IMO it would be worth the risk given Cyrils form atm.

I really hope he is not underdone or that we are taking a risk with his fitness. Would be very unhawthornlike but maybe influenced by our start last year,who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back