Game Day Round 5, 2024: Suns v Hawks, 7:30pm, People First Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree on Impey - he's done some great things.
Agree with the rest - Weddle looking very strong and confident and his disposal is getting more dangerous
Yeah perhaps a bit harsh on Impey. I think I mark him a bit harsher than most as I think when he's on, he's fantastic.

Oh my.

Thoughts

Sicily looks like he doesn't give a toss.

Ramsden can use BOTH hands to attempt a mark

Weddle squibbed another one in defence against Holman

Amon is not a defender - Mitchell impersonating bad Clarko here

Hardwick forward doesn't fool the opposition when you did it last week

Nash has reached his ceiling

Conor Mac is the laziest one-way runner at the club.

Is Butler playing?

Dylan Moore is a shadow of last season

I have no idea what has happened to Newcombe.

We have no leaders on-field. We have become soft, and I don't know what Sam can do about it.

Mass changes need to be made next week - MacDonald, Butler, Sicily, Ramsden and Nash at least.

My god, it's genuinely sad watching our proud club performing like this.

I have no answers - I hope Sam does.

A fair few blokes need to be shown the door at seasons end and we may need to start again.

I am so frustrated by the holding the ball interpretation, they hardly ever reward the tackler.
I feel like the game is broken in this area, it’s gone against the fabric of the game.
It’s got to the point where it’s nearly detrimental to tackle as you hardly ever get rewarded and you’re pretty much out of the play if you commit to the tackle.

I am so frustrated by the holding the ball interpretation, they hardly ever reward the tackler.
I feel like the game is broken in this area, it’s gone against the fabric of the game.
It’s got to the point where it’s nearly detrimental to tackle as you hardly ever get rewarded and you’re pretty much out of the play if you commit to the tackle.
Yep - if you overcommit to a tackle (who knew there was such a thing?) you're in trouble.

And worse of all, we haven’t adapted to get away with the throwing handballs and therefore we get pinged as a result when we are tackled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of room for improvement
Dumping the ball on Chol’s head is doing him no favours
The forward delivery in general is poor.
Improve it and we hit the scoreboard
Oh yeah it’s hard to give away free kicks when you’re first to the ball

We are simply second to the ball to often

As I said plenty of room to get back into this

Our mids aren’t getting their hands on it in transition so really we’re just attacking purely from the back half. Taking away from our ability to get repeat inside 50s, which also results in our forwards being unable to get any pressure on. Not clean enough to really win the game any other way I don’t think.

Oh my.

Thoughts

Sicily looks like he doesn't give a toss.

Ramsden can use BOTH hands to attempt a mark

Weddle squibbed another one in defence against Holman

Amon is not a defender - Mitchell impersonating bad Clarko here

Hardwick forward doesn't fool the opposition when you did it last week

Nash has reached his ceiling

Conor Mac is the laziest one-way runner at the club.

Is Butler playing?

Dylan Moore is a shadow of last season

I have no idea what has happened to Newcombe.

We have no leaders on-field. We have become soft, and I don't know what Sam can do about it.

Mass changes need to be made next week - MacDonald, Butler, Sicily, Ramsden and Nash at least.

My god, it's genuinely sad watching our proud club performing like this.

I have no answers - I hope Sam does.

A fair few blokes need to be shown the door at seasons end and we may need to start again.
You weren't around for some of the nineties I guess......

Nash to the backline, Amon to the wing, sub butler out for hustwaite, throw hardwick forward.

I really love the 2024 version of Meek and Frosty.

But could we please have back the '23 Midfield Unit.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

it’s been like this for years now, but this seasons gotten worse again.

Ward has 4 kicks, 0% disposal efficiency, 4 turnovers. Can't kick right footed, can't mark overhead. Struggling to think what he brings besides being able to run?

On 2306EPN60G using BigFooty.com mobile app

I still remember we had 100 tackles against the doggies in the semi final in 2016 for not a single HTB.

Bulldogs throwing has been a blight to the game.

Just go for it:
Ginni, weddle, newcombe centre bounce

Frenchie and ward wingers

Cmac is best down fwd

Massimo hbf

Get hardwick to backline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back