Preview Round 5, 2024: Suns v Hawks, 7:30pm Sat 13th April, People First Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The humidity on the Gold Coast right now is 60%.

This is a stupid game you continually choose to play.
Because we all know that we’re playing at 4:30 on Saturday arvo….. 😂

You could’ve stayed out of it, but instead you chose to look stupid.

It really sounds like it should be north of the DMZ not north of the Tweed.
Democratic People's Republic Sporting and Recreational Ground For Glorious People's Triumph

And yes - some places in SEQ get somewhat cold in winter but Brisbane and the GC don't get to 0 degrees.

Ok so I might of been off by a few degrees, I remember now the lowest we had was 2 or 3 degrees. FYI Coolangatta recorded 0.6C a couple of years back. But anyway the point was night time temperatures where bloody cold last year and as I tried to point out as soon as the sun went down the temps dropped like a stone (as it did that night). But still it was the heat and humidity.

Ok so I might of been off by a few degrees, I remember now the lowest we had was 2 or 3 degrees. FYI Coolangatta recorded 0.6C a couple of years back. But anyway the point was night time temperatures where bloody cold last year and as I tried to point out as soon as the sun went down the temps dropped like a stone (as it did that night). But still it was the heat and humidity.

You were off by 9 degrees - on the record low temperature for Carrara. Coolangatta isn't where we will be paying so it's not really worth bringing into the conversation.

20 degrees and 85% humidity come game time on Saturday - humidity and a slipperier ball will be a fact compared to if we were playing in Adelaide or Melbourne and it wasn't stupid of anyone to suggest that.

Last edited:
You were off by 9 degrees - on the record low temperature for Carrara. Coolangatta isn't where we will be paying so it's not really worth bringing into the conversation.

20 degrees and 85% humidity come game time on Saturday - humidity and a slipperier ball will be a fact compared to if we were playing in Adelaide or Melbourne and it wasn't stupid
Maybe said poster got confused when they heard Dew is no longer at the Gold Coast

Not sure how we are going to get the best of their midfield, Witts, Rowell, Miller, Anderson, Flanders plus Humphrey and Fiorini are one of the best groups in the league.

If we are going to put on a tag it would have to be Miller, Flanders or Anderson. Rowell is essentially untaggable.

They've also got some genuine KPF's that we will need to match up on.

I'd like to see Butler get another game, he had a stinker, but it's his third season and he needs to learn at the senior level.

I'd like Hustwaite to get a full game too, but I'm not sure how that happens.

MacDonald would be lucky to keep his spot.

I'm obviously not getting my point across which is my bad. The reason why I was bringing it up along with the 2-3 degrees I experienced for a few weeks around that time in my area (didn't even mention the Carrara record) was trying to give context to last year where the whole heat/humidity came up like people think it's all year round tropics weather in SEQ. It's not, we get winter too. Humidity is not always a factor up here.

Just getting fed up with it getting banded around every game up here and the doomsayers going straight to the we're screwed nearly a week out from the game because of the weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins - Serong, Morrison
Out - Maginess, Hustwaite

Hustwaite is better off getting a full game at Box Hill.
Morrison as the sub

Harry isn’t quite ready just yet. Let him find his feet and confidence at Box Hill. Finn showed a bit I thought yesterday- keep him in and let him give a hard tag to Anderson
His disposal is atrocious for an AFL player, some of his turn overs on the weekend hurt. If he cannot burn them the other way, then what is the point in playing him.

I'd go no changes, and back the kids in. Not convinced on Finn, though he seemed to get a bit of it yesterday despite tagging, which is good and bad at the same time.
I want butler to get a month and back the kid in. Let's find him a role and let him develop. We need these kids to put pressure on the team week in week out.
Sadly, he's probably behind Croc for a position and I can't see them dropping Croc.

I’m assuming that Jason Dunstall was the Great Leader.
1712577173200.png

What for you dribble kick!!

Awww, I hate 'dem guys that dribble kick!

1712577329520.png

How you like dat, Mr Dribble Kick?? Not so funny now, Dribble Kick?

No VFL this week so hard to argue for change unless injured players are returning for Butts or Huss as sub/subbed.

Both Morrison and Serong were in the stands in HFC gear (along with McCabe & Ryan in casuals) so I'd think they'd be most likely under consideration being we have another interstate 6 day turnaround to plan for if the committee go that way.

People first stadium ? Animals second? Anyway not sure why some Muppets are arguing against the wet weather like conditions of the game time , it's always seems like we're handling a big yellow soap everytime we play these flogs on their home turf!!!! Yea, some unheard of and never to be heard of again player will break out like the Hulk and bag 5 with 37 disposals are something.. the gold coast flogs by about 60 points unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back