Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact. In his whole career with Freo, David Mundy has never been dropped.

Dave brought this up in conversation with Logue in their Old Bull, Young Buck Podcast last year. Logue's response was, 'You haven't lived until you've been dropped!'

Haha.
Well I have seen the Freo posts here since my account started in May of 2007.

Guess what? David Mundy was close to being dropped at least once since my recollection.

Just after his 100th AFL game apparently. Hell some Dockers fans did want him dropped around that time

Reckon we could lose a dozen players and we'd still beat N.Melb. Regardless of the opinions of some of our fringe players, we are a strong team with quality depth these days. Also, we have a game plan that is 'system focussed' and not 'player focussed', that appears to be humming along nicely. We'll be fine against NM, regardless of outs, IMO. It's Melbourne in late May that we need to be all available for.

I'd much rather a few out each week with Covid than 10 or 15 at a time. We have the depth to cover the former, but not the latter. We couldn't have asked for a better week to lose a few - coming up against the equal favorite for the spoon. We know who the other favourite is don't we.
The issue is, it is normally takes 2 weeks for the players to come back.

Maybe the next game being at home, and catching it early in the week meens they may be ok.

Put Sean Darcy at full forward and some popcorn on.

Right after a game is a good time to get it. Gives them almost a full two weeks to recover and missing only a game. Shoota said that’s why he was able to slot right back in, because he was a confirmed case on a Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many can we cover?

Confident in
Sturt, Banfield, Young, Darcy, Chapman, Wilson

Good soldiers
Blakely, Henry, Crowden, Hammer (if fit), Hughes

Speculative but think they could play a role
Worner, Amiss

Honestly we have enough coverage to grind out a win against the likely bottom placed side, nothing should be taken for granted but unless we are actually relying on topups from the WAFL ala West Coast then we should be in the match, it won't be an easy win but it will be winnable

We genuinely have a lot of plug and play depth waiting down there, then obviously speculative players

The difference is though if we need to provide coverage with 8-10 bodies - most of them have played several games in the AFL system!

Hamling, Hughes, Wilson, Banfield, Blakely, Crowden (if available) have all played loads of games.

Young, Chapman, Henry building a few seasons. At least Sturt and Erasmus are in the system.

So much different from the days we used to rest players en masse and get smashed - when Ross did it he hadn't debuted a player in like 3 years lol.

Well I have seen the Freo posts here since my account started in May of 2007.

Guess what? David Mundy was close to being dropped at least once since my recollection.

Just after his 100th AFL game apparently. Hell some Dockers fans did want him dropped around that time
Jeez. I wanted him dropped after every one of his first 30 games of half back.

Out - L Ryan … detention

If the AFL integrity unit isn’t trawling through Luke’s GF and family members betting accounts after his blatant attempt at match fixing in the last quarter then …. THEY ARE ALL IN ON IT

Out - L Meek … disappointing

I used to love you LLLloyd but after your lack of answers against the powerhouse duo of Stanley and the 1500m hurdler I’m just fond of you now

Walker/Young

I dunno …. flip a coin , Young with the ball in his hand vs Walkers happy knack of arriving on the scene in the nick of time and teleportation boots … Young I suppose due to being a pick 8

In Darcy Chappy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is no one concerned about the amount of changes this week, the underdone players coming in and the lack of talls in the forward line?

Lots of disrespect for North here and elsewhere, think anyone can win on the day if the other team is off, It would be a very Freo thing to drop this game.
Nope.

Right after a game is a good time to get it. Gives them almost a full two weeks to recover and missing only a game. Shoota said that’s why he was able to slot right back in, because he was a confirmed case on a Monday.
Am I the only one who thinks it a little strange that 3 players test positive the day after a game.
Virtually everyone I know who’s had it has taken 2-3 days after they‘ve felt sick to test
positive.

So far this season I've been big on pressure acts, it's because it makes it much easier to defend and they turn it over allowing us to takeover ball movement and field position.

Freo v North so far this season interesting pressure act information:
On averages, there are 4 of the combined squads in the top ten. Greenwood (#1), Luke Davies-Uniake (#5), Jaidyn Stephenson (#6) and Jack Mahony (#10)

Not to overload with stats but North have a few players that work hard to pressure ball movement but our players also win clearances.

Is no one concerned about the amount of changes this week, the underdone players coming in and the lack of talls in the forward line?

Lots of disrespect for North here and elsewhere, think anyone can win on the day if the other team is off, It would be a very Freo thing to drop this game.
Agreed - Not gonna lie I am a little bit concerned. This is the exact sort of game we would have dropped in the past.

Hopefully the players will still be switched on for the entire game

Yep. I watched the Sydney vs Roos game a few weeks back. North not to be taken lightly.

Am I the only one who thinks it a little strange that 3 players test positive the day after a game.
Virtually everyone I know who’s had it has taken 2-3 days after they‘ve felt sick to test
positive.
Could be a good thing. They probably took a RAT as a flight requirement and it came back positive. Means that they are probably not getting hit by it in a severe way

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back