Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 120-55 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnny Noble should be in AA contention.

Seriously underrated.
Wow really?!?

He runs his guts out.
Has serious wheels and defends far far better than he did 2 years ago.

But mate, some of his decisions and execution are horrendous.

He’s a lock for our 22….but he ain’t in the best 22 in the comp.

Wow really?!?

He runs his guts out.
Has serious wheels and defends far far better than he did 2 years ago.

But mate, some of his decisions and execution are horrendous.

He’s a lock for our 22….but he ain’t in the best 22 in the comp.
He brings things far better executers struggle to.

Speed, ferocity, penetration and the ability to cause an opposition backline to sag.

Still . . .

It is AA selection and we all know it's run by the media so . . .

Agreed. He makes Pendles look like he has a basketball background
I was watching him constantly organising everyone around him at stoppage.

That’s Pretty rare unto itself for a second year player.

He works so hard.
Possessions are not a way to judge his impact.
Speed, ferocity, penetration and the ability to cause an opposition backline to sag.

Still . . .

It is AA selection and we all know it's run by the media so . . .
don’t get me wrong. He’s great for us.

Just have to cop his 1-2 bad execution/decisions per game.

I was just commenting on his AA consideration.

FWIW - AA in my book is the worst and least useful acknowledgement of a good year.
So many players should get it, but because they are young they don’t.
I mean, Stewart last year gets in despite missing games…don’t get me wrong, he’s an absolute gun…but missing almost 20% of the season and he gets in?!? Just lol.

Maynard and JDG should have made it 2018…but too young….
It’s just the worst award there is.

He works so hard.

FWIW - AA in my book is the worst and least useful acknowledgement of a good year.
I mean, Stewart last year gets in despite missing games…don’t get me wrong, he’s an absolute gun…but missing almost 20% of the season and he gets in?!? Just lol.

No argument with any of that - I just take the view that if you are going for it 200% for 100% of your game time you are going to make the odd fckup.

For me the the good far outweighs the bad and I ignore the mistakes.

He works so hard.

They also shoehorn players in out of position.
The wingers are usually mids that didn't make the cut, and there are often several key forwards.
Josh Daicos should be AA this year as a proper wingman.

The wingers are usually mids that didn't make the cut, and there are often several key forwards.
Josh daicos should make it as a full back!

I mean, Pavlich made it as a full back despite literally only playing their for 1 qtr!!!

I pay absolutely no attention that that award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly my point some years they have 6 wingers and 8 talls - it all depends who is the flavour of the year in the media.

No argument with any of that - I just take the view that if you are going for it 200% for 100% of your game time you are going to make the odd fckup.

For me the the good far outweighs the bad and I ignore the mistakes.
Again, not disagreeing.
I had noble as delist when he refused to go back when it was “his turn” against the WCE twice in 2021.

He’s now an absolute lock for us of HB.
His defensive application is significantly better and his continued run is impressive.

Even more so that he was under a cloud this week with a corky.

…he’s just not AA.

Again, not disagreeing.
I had noble as delist when he refused to go back when it was “his turn” against the WCE twice in 2021.

He’s now an absolute lock for us of HB.
His defensive application is significantly better and his continued run is impressive.

Even more so that he was under a cloud this week with a corky.

…he’s just not AA.
Well either way the way the AA selection is implemented reminds me of 'Hey hey it's Saturday' . . . . . .

Chook Lotto anyone????

Good win, did what we had to do against a mid tier team.
Surprised to see Naicos with another 41 disposals, but watching the game it didn't seem he was that dominate, but because he glides over the ground, some of his disposals probably go unnoticed particularly the quick handballs out of congestion.
Coxy for a guy who missed a fair chunk of footy, he has returned in great form, and was easily BOG today, IMO. Hopefully Coxy brings what he did today, next week against the Blue baggers....
4.40pm games, thumbs down. Getting home late evening on a Sunday, not a fan. Hate to think about getting these games in the middle of winter. Lucky today was a superb day weather wise....

We looked like a scary good team tonight. If another person ever says anything remotely along the lines of "Cox is no lock when Cameron and Frampton return" or "Cox has been okay but he's nothing more than back up ruckman," I will demand they be banned for having no earthly right to post such opinions and claim to love and understand the game called Aussie Rules.

;):collingwood:

Did anyone notice that act of pure courage from Josh Daicos in the last quarter when a kick in went askew? He straight-lined the pill and actually knocked the stuffing out of a Giant's defender. Both Daicos boys have enormous courage and grit on top of the superlative skills.

We looked like a scary good team tonight. If another person ever says anything remotely along the lines of "Cox is no lock when Cameron and Frampton return" or "Cox has been okay but he's nothing more than back up ruckman," I will demand they be banned for having no earthly right to post such opinions and claim to love and understand the game called Aussie Rules.

;):collingwood:
All three of those big guys have played some great footy this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 120-55 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back