Official Team Thread Roys FFC S37 Community Rooms - Congrats 3KZ is Football Broken Medallist S37!

Remove this Banner Ad

06-S37R02-headera.png

After a blistering start to the season, the Roys were off and rolling with the league already at our feet. The Warriors were vanquished in dominating style and the next victim (sic) were to be the Wonders. Spirits were high and confidence was peak. Perhaps a little too peak, as … let's just say things didn't go quite to plan.

The Wonders played pressure qooty from the opening bounce and we found the ball sailing over our heads before we'd even rolled onto the balls of our feet. West Coast took an early lead and even when we made a rare foray forward again the Wonders kept control - our first two scores were essentially donations in rushed behinds. Finally Mooch broke us out of the spell with our first goal halfway through the opening quarter.

We could only arrest the Wonders dominance momentarily, though, as we allowed 3 more goals to the enemy before the first bell. Going into the break with a 3-goal deficit, it was time for a stirring speech and turning of the tables.

Unfortunately the tables not only stayed were they were, but were nailed, bolted and soldered into place as the second quarter became a Wondrous exhibition - we were outscored 11 goals to 2 and the game was already over by half time.

With the match in the bag, West Coast took their foot off the pedal somewhat, yet still managed to extend their lead during both the third and final quarters. The final margin was 16 goals and after the joy of Round 1, we had been neatly placed back on earth by a team that was far more on their game on the day.

Mooch struggled on with sparse opportunity to record 3 goals, and Reardo who - was brought in specifically for this game at the expense of an indisputably shit captain - drove the vast majority of our fight with 20 possessions and 13 marks. But there was very little to celebrate in a very mismatched performance. SpecialBruce gave hints of the season he was about to have with a massive goal at the start of the 2nd, and TheGoatBaron also notched a goal in a precursor to his later-season shift to the primary spearhead position. _Mike_ got his wish being switched into the ruck just in time to take notes from dogs105 in a match-up that resulted in a dreamteam disparity approaching 100 points!

Goals: Mooch 3, Pure Grunt , DERRINALPHIL , TheGoatBaron , SpecialBruce , Aristotle Pickett , _Mike_ , tigs2010

The jolt of a leadership change rang loud and proud throughout the Roys camp following this humiliation, with tigs summing the team feeling up best:
Ted used to have us playing 3 quarters. We are now resting for 3

Phar Ace thought the blame could be shared somewhat more evenly:
How can we at Roys be so fabulous in our minds and yet so miserable on the Qooty field? Riddle me this!

Goat Kiss GIF by Party Down South

View attachment 2031818

Season 37 Summary​

The Roys came into Season 37 looking for, and necessarily requiring, change. The Rock of Tedbraltar had departed, in the distance was a town named Flounder, and our bus did seem to be heading in that direction. But in typical Roys style, we shrugged our shoulders and donned our Gorilla suits, and re-assembled the jigsaw. There was a season coming, and when the roll call went out, our hand was going up.

At my expense, of course. You bastards! But yes, I did grab the team and thrust it forcibly into a new season. I knew I had a faultless approach to team management and would be on top of everything, clear sailing henceforth. After picking up a first strike for submitting the squad wrong, I shoved yers all out onto the field for a praccy at Bainlea v the Wonders and our Season 37 was on its way.

After my expert attention to detail resulted in a second strike for incorrect team submission, we powered through Round 1 with an emphatic win and fortunes were bright. Then we immediately lost a bunch of matches and everybody remembered we were at the perennially frustrating Roys!

But this trip-up was followed by a streak of wins which elevated us into the eight, where we'd stay for the remainder of the season. The streak ended, we traded wins for losses for a couple of games, and then strung a couple together and found ourselves on top of the ladder with just two rounds and thirty-eight byes to play!

Unfortunately we did we lose both our last two matches, and most of the byes. After H&As, the Roys were sitting 4th, salvaging the double-chance but only just.

We went into the finals with confidence and it shows v the Royals, who were dispatched back to the Semis through a power display by the BJO crew. Unfortunately after the rest we hit a Swampies outfit we just don't seem to ever defeat anymore. That curse continued and our season ended in a Preliminary Final pasting to a worthy opponent.

And no more strikes - a penalty-free season after being on a last warning since the start :D I guess it takes a while to brush away the ****-ups!

Off-field, the Roys put in some massive steps in activity and presence, and this showed when opposition camps did commend us on the engagement we provided, often commenting that they were pleasantly surprised. The Roys have a long history of being a very enjoyable and prolific team to play against, and it seems we're on the way to regaining that vigour! Hopefully Season 38 will continue the trend!

Season 37 Captains Statement​

I hit the captaincy unexpectedly not long after the end of Season 36, and I honestly groaned with worry. I have been in charge many seasons ago, but it's a much bigger deal these days. I questioned my ability to keep up with the expectations. Thankfully, we seem to have snuck through the season unscathed, and I reckon I can feel comfortable I played a part. But there's reasons why:

This team is so damn lovable. A ratcheted concoction of … let's face it … various weirdarses from different parts of the human (if that) spectrum who all bring something different and often unpronounceable to the club. The assortment of various personas and demeanours and investments are what makes it so easy to lead the Roys. It's like a microcosm - as though every culture in the universe sent a representative and someone said "let's turn them into a qootball club!" Pure adoration for every member of the Roys - much love to all of you and thank you for making captaincy something I went from fearing to something I really, really, really wanted to do!

And the support from the leadership group has been nothing short of outstanding. Yes, I tend to run off and do stuff without even asking anybody (something I need to work on), but whenever I've brought up an issue to the LG, suggestions and offers flowed in immediately. Not everyone will even notice that Mooch is not just a leadership member but also the Vice-Captain of the Roys, and the support coming from this bloke is humbling. In the background lurks fitzroybowiedog who upped his input across all games this season and was a steadying hand I occasionally approached as well. But all the LG are up and about when necessary, and I want to make a big deal about those newly added to the LG this season: Ed_Gein , tigs2010 and Elmer_Judd . I invited them this season and everyone stepped up!

This comes on the back of departures from the club of established LG members Wosh , Dingster Zevon and of course TedDougChris , all massive workers not just when with the Roys but behind the scenes leaguewide - there were definitely gaps to fill. And I am abashed that I get to spend time in PM's with those who filled these chasms. Massive shout-out to all!

The Roys are an unassailable component of the Sweet FA. The league is bettered by our presence, and that's because of all of you folks! And thank you for the trust in me to take the wheel of this manic ship!

Next I wish to make a short farewell post, before we get stuck into the noise of the count!
We made 4th by the closest of near misses. I felt the wind from fifth whooshing by as we ignored it and grabbed the double chance.

07-S37R03-headera.png

Both teams coming off a loss last week and both teams with a 1-1 record so far, this looked like a fairly even match up. The Hawks Phoenix Hawks flew out of the blocks with a goal to Zoops inside 90 seconds but JackNah_8 said nah I’m having none of that and levelled up the scores soon after, with what turned out to be the first of an incredible 4 goal haul for the big-serving, half-hatted Grand Slam queen. But despite the Roys’ accuracy and goals to SpecialBruce, MrsEddieBetts, and Aristotle Pickett, the Hawks Phoenix Hawks held a handy lead thanks in part to 3 junk time goals late on.

Roys hit back early in the second through _Mike_ and fitzroybowiedog and from then it was almost goal for goal (for goal for goal - lots of goals. Turns out I like saying goals. Goals).

This game was a belter. DERRINALPHIL once again laid on a a Herculean ruck performance (21 hitouts, 21 touches and a goal) against Strigoi, tapping expertly to Phar Ace (28 touches and a goal), Pure Grunt (24 and a goal), and 3KZ is Football (24 touches).

Chuckle Brothers _Mike_ and royboy2 both had 18 touches, kicked 3 goals, and earned 5 free kicks (from 2 and 7 tackles respectively). Reardo and MrsEddieBetts also kicked 3 goals each.

When royboy2 put the ‘Rillas 10 points up with a little over 2 minutes left, it looked like the points were in the bag. But is seems the Roys went too early and a pair of 6-pointers from Strigoi and a last minute effort from Callums_Guns snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Goals: JackNah_8 4, MrsEddieBetts 3, Reardo 3, _Mike_ 3, royboy2 3, SpecialBruce, Pure Grunt, Phar Ace, fitzroybowiedog, Aristotle Pickett, DERRINALPHIL

View attachment 2031830

FAREWELL TO RU_​

I won't bang on too much, but I always had in my head that departing players should get their own spot of mention if we're already aware by Awards Night.

We weren't his first club, debuting at the Hawks three seasons earlier, but RU_ first came to the Roys in Season 19 when our club was at probably one of our lowest ebbs. He always had a bit-part role but notched up nearly 50 games over 3 seasons.

He then departed to explore the nether regions of the Sweet FA, spending time at 4 clubs over 6 seasons, before returning to the BJO in Season 27. Since then he's been on the quiet side, popping in and out of the team, playing another 104 games over 11 seasons. At the end of the current season RU_ gave notice of a return to what is probably his spiritual home, and will not be with us in Season 38.

I want to publicly thank RU_ for his steady dedication while here at the BJO. Not frequently sighted and therefore harshly treated by the selection process, he's still put his hand up each season to remain on the list and never been too distant when required.

It's a tough ask when juggling this world with the other, and especially if you're surrounded by a bunch of incomprehensible oddballs, and I think he's making a good choice to go where his heart is leading him. I actually remember RU_ from way back when his name was longer, not from the Sweet FA, but from Bigfooty's Minecraft servers! I know his old blocky house still sits somewhere down south of Sweet, so maybe here's a reason to incorporate it somehow into the lore.

Thanks for your time with us RU_ . Go well! And if you do find your voice again over at the Hawks, be sure to use it to troll shit out of us when we next meet in the fixture!

Chuds up for RU_ . We'll keep the carboard replica if that's okay.

Next up ... well ... I think you all know what's coming!

View attachment 2031831

Stay Tuned for Round 1 of the Broken Medal Count S37!​

View attachment 2031833
All the best RU_

And by that I mean I hope you lose every game from now on and rue the day.

All the best RU_

And by that I mean I hope you lose every game from now on and rue the day.
My words were sincere! I even played the AC/DC classic " RU_ Ready " just for him!

View attachment 2031830

FAREWELL TO RU_​

I won't bang on too much, but I always had in my head that departing players should get their own spot of mention if we're already aware by Awards Night.

We weren't his first club, debuting at the Hawks three seasons earlier, but RU_ first came to the Roys in Season 19 when our club was at probably one of our lowest ebbs. He always had a bit-part role but notched up nearly 50 games over 3 seasons.

He then departed to explore the nether regions of the Sweet FA, spending time at 4 clubs over 6 seasons, before returning to the BJO in Season 27. Since then he's been on the quiet side, popping in and out of the team, playing another 104 games over 11 seasons. At the end of the current season RU_ gave notice of a return to what is probably his spiritual home, and will not be with us in Season 38.

I want to publicly thank RU_ for his steady dedication while here at the BJO. Not frequently sighted and therefore harshly treated by the selection process, he's still put his hand up each season to remain on the list and never been too distant when required.

It's a tough ask when juggling this world with the other, and especially if you're surrounded by a bunch of incomprehensible oddballs, and I think he's making a good choice to go where his heart is leading him. I actually remember RU_ from way back when his name was longer, not from the Sweet FA, but from Bigfooty's Minecraft servers! I know his old blocky house still sits somewhere down south of Sweet, so maybe here's a reason to incorporate it somehow into the lore.

Thanks for your time with us RU_ . Go well! And if you do find your voice again over at the Hawks, be sure to use it to troll shit out of us when we next meet in the fixture!

Chuds up for RU_ . We'll keep the carboard replica if that's okay.

Next up ... well ... I think you all know what's coming!

View attachment 2031831

Stay Tuned for Round 1 of the Broken Medal Count S37!​

View attachment 2031833
Season 3 Wiping Tears GIF by Transparent

09a-Anc6_Yippyio Award_image0.gif

Season 37 Yippyio Award for the Highest Goalkicker​

Alright…time for the Yippyio award for season 37.

The old default award whereby only the full forward can win.

Sure you may be Aristotle Pickett and think you are a chance when you slot 5 in Round 1 or JackNah_8 who can kick 4* in a quarter whilst wearing a half hat and win the game off her own boot. But the reality is you need to be the big Full Forward if you want to win the Yippyio.

Our resident Full Forward Mooch lining up for his 22nd Yippyio Medal** seemingly had it in the bag mid season, until he made the small mistake of travelling and not inviting & paying for the rest of the LG and our magnificent leader Mobbs moved him out to the forward pocket.

09c-Anc6_Yippyio Award_image1.png
Pic: Team Selection

In came TheGoatBaron with a path to glory.

09d-Anc6_Yippyio Award_image2.png

Could the Goat get the job done and displace Mooch ?

Unfortunately, despite our magnificent leaders best efforts to ensure a close finish, Mooch is the winner of the Season 37 Yippyio Medal with 35 goals and a 8 goal lead from TheGoatBaron

Top 10 was as follows;

1st Mooch – 35
2nd TheGoatBaron – 27
=3rd fitzroybowiedog & JackNah_8 – 19
5th SpecialBruce – 18
6th Reardo – 15
7th DERRINALPHIL – 13
8th royboy2 – 11
=9th Pure Grunt & _Mike_ - 10

The dunce of the season award goes to Ed_Gein who was the only team regular who failed to kick a goal.

Maybe next year Ed could get a move to full forward and see if he can get at least 1 through the big sticks.

*May have been less but we did win.
**May be an exaggeration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

08a-Anc5a_ItsMyShow Award.gif

Season 37 Itsmyshow Award for the Spammiest Player​

How to get trolled by your own Leadership Group - a masterclass.

So The Itsmyshow award is dedicated to the most invested, most immersed, most prolific, most engaging, most productive, most interactive, most connective, greatest rapport-builder, greatest intraleague advocate and greatest publisher of team content, for the Roys FFC.

Aka spammiest ****wit with no life who doesn't know when to shut his whore mouth.
08c_itsmyshowaward.gif

Obviously there's no competition here. Someone said the other day while giving me one of my myriad awesomeness awards, that I posted more than a third of the entire team's match thread posts for the season. I snuck over 2500 I think? It's in the table, look at the table, shut up.

It's big. It's very big. My second-most spammy season I think it might have been. But I've always been someone who posts a lot. In one season in the early years of the league, I led the Roys FFC posting while non-playing president! Wasn't even on the squad and I did the most talking. I guess it's me.

So I have won this award. Yay me. I do hope - sincerely - that I'm considered someone whose ridiculously high number of posts are more often than not of some purpose and worth within the threads. That's all I can hope.

Or to lose my fingers in a bizarre eroticism accident.

Now, I did mention that this is a masterclass in getting trolled by the LG. So, here's why: All the LG were invited to write these additional award blurbs. Everyone put their hand up for one or the other, and you're seeing them today. But the Itsmyshow award ... nobody volunteered. So I go back to the LG and tell them: "The IMS Award still needs a writer, and it can't be me, because I won it." The response: deadly silence. Not a peep.

So here I am, receiving a kind of anti-award for posting too much, BEING FORCED TO POST AGAIN JUST TO GIVE MYSELF THE AWARD FOR POSTING TOO MUCH.

So thanks, me, for presenting me with the coveted Itsmyshow Award. I shall always treasure it, and never speak of it again.

Team Participation Stats for Season 37​

08c-Anc5_ItsMyShow_postingstatsS37.png

Club Participation Stats for All Roys FFC Seasons​

View attachment 2031864

Season 37 Itsmyshow Award for the Spammiest Player​

How to get trolled by your own Leadership Group - a masterclass.

So The Itsmyshow award is dedicated to the most invested, most immersed, most prolific, most engaging, most productive, most interactive, most connective, greatest rapport-builder, greatest intraleague advocate and greatest publisher of team content, for the Roys FFC.

Aka spammiest ****wit with no life who doesn't know when to shut his whore mouth.
View attachment 2031865

Obviously there's no competition here. Someone said the other day while giving me one of my myriad awesomeness awards, that I posted more than a third of the entire team's match thread posts for the season. I snuck over 2500 I think? It's in the table, look at the table, shut up.

It's big. It's very big. My second-most spammy season I think it might have been. But I've always been someone who posts a lot. In one season in the early years of the league, I led the Roys FFC posting while non-playing president! Wasn't even on the squad and I did the most talking. I guess it's me.

So I have won this award. Yay me. I do hope - sincerely - that I'm considered someone whose ridiculously high number of posts are more often than not of some purpose and worth within the threads. That's all I can hope.

Or to lose my fingers in a bizarre eroticism accident.

Now, I did mention that this is a masterclass in getting trolled by the LG. So, here's why: All the LG were invited to write these additional award blurbs. Everyone put their hand up for one or the other, and you're seeing them today. But the Itsmyshow award ... nobody volunteered. So I go back to the LG and tell them: "The IMS Award still needs a writer, and it can't be me, because I won it." The response: deadly silence. Not a peep.

So here I am, receiving a kind of anti-award for posting too much, BEING FORCED TO POST AGAIN JUST TO GIVE MYSELF THE AWARD FOR POSTING TOO MUCH.

So thanks, me, for presenting me with the coveted Itsmyshow Award. I shall always treasure it, and never speak of it again.

Team Participation Stats for Season 37​

View attachment 2031866

Club Participation Stats for All Roys FFC Seasons​

Quality trolling :D

BTW great use of Black Books. I love that episode.

View attachment 2031859

Season 37 Yippyio Award for the Highest Goalkicker​

Alright…time for the Yippyio award for season 37.

The old default award whereby only the full forward can win.

Sure you may be Aristotle Pickett and think you are a chance when you slot 5 in Round 1 or JackNah_8 who can kick 4* in a quarter whilst wearing a half hat and win the game off her own boot. But the reality is you need to be the big Full Forward if you want to win the Yippyio.

Our resident Full Forward Mooch lining up for his 22nd Yippyio Medal** seemingly had it in the bag mid season, until he made the small mistake of travelling and not inviting & paying for the rest of the LG and our magnificent leader Mobbs moved him out to the forward pocket.

View attachment 2031860
Pic: Team Selection

In came TheGoatBaron with a path to glory.

View attachment 2031861

Could the Goat get the job done and displace Mooch ?

Unfortunately, despite our magnificent leaders best efforts to ensure a close finish, Mooch is the winner of the Season 37 Yippyio Medal with 35 goals and a 8 goal lead from TheGoatBaron

Top 10 was as follows;

1st Mooch – 35
2nd TheGoatBaron – 27
=3rd fitzroybowiedog & JackNah_8 – 19
5th SpecialBruce – 18
6th Reardo – 15
7th DERRINALPHIL – 13
8th royboy2 – 11
=9th Pure Grunt & _Mike_ - 10

The dunce of the season award goes to Ed_Gein who was the only team regular who failed to kick a goal.

Maybe next year Ed could get a move to full forward and see if he can get at least 1 through the big sticks.

*May have been less but we did win.
**May be an exaggeration.

Well, guess I have to come up with an impromptu speech for winning the Dunce award!

Here I stand broken-hearted
Tried to goal, but nothing charted

But well done to Mooch on winning the award tonight!

This dunce award goes out to all you 'rillas out there that when you're feeling down... when you're feeling out... there's me - with 0 goals to his name! It doesn't get much worse...

Thank you all.

qRd1lXU.png

W

10-S37R04-headera.png

Differing fortunes entered the arena in round 4. The 2-1 Swampies facing the 1-2 Roys. But the fortunes weren’t really so different when you drilled into it. Swampies had a narrow win over Coney Island last week while the Roys lost narrowly in a 40-odd goal shootout over at East Side. Surely home advantage would see the Roys home in this one?

Reardo opened the scoring early and okeydoke7 cancelled it out a minute later. In an open quarter, this was a real contest. The Rats came out on tops mostly by their ability to a) kick straight and b) spoil perfectly good Roy goals on the line.

While Q1 was a contest, that was really where it ended. Pure Grunt and Phar Ace still amassed 21 touches each, with _Mike_ and royboy2 grabbing 20 each, along with 6 tackles each - this is getting to be a pattern. Mooch kicked 4 goals, Reardo and Aristotle Pickett kicked a pair each.

But the Roys were largely torn apart thanks to damicky's incredible ruck performance, and a turn-the-clock-back performance from okeydoke7 with 9 goals.

Goals: Mooch 4, Reardo 2, Aristotle Pickett 2, 3KZ is Football, Pure Grunt, fitzroybowiedog

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Roys FFC S37 Community Rooms - Congrats 3KZ is Football Broken Medallist S37!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back