Official Team Thread Roys FFC S37 Community Rooms - Congrats 3KZ is Football Broken Medallist S37!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, guess I have to come up with an impromptu speech for winning the Dunce award!

Here I stand broken-hearted
Tried to goal, but nothing charted

But well done to Mooch on winning the award tonight!

This dunce award goes out to all you 'rillas out there that when you're feeling down... when you're feeling out... there's me - with 0 goals to his name! It doesn't get much worse...

Thank you all.

qRd1lXU.png

W

"ANY GOALS"
Any goals, any goals, any goals, any goals. We'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, we'd love 'em.
Any goals, any goals, any goals, any goals. We'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, we'd love 'em.
Any goals, any goals, any goals, any goals. We'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, any goals.
Any goals, or even just bein' in attack,
From set shot or snapped from a pack, any goals,
Despite all our strivin', bombin' high or stabbin' low,
The ball just won't ****ing go.
Though opportunities abound,
Even kicking it off the ground is just a big fat no.
We'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, any goals.
We'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, we'd love 'em, any goals.
Any goals, any goals, any goals, any goals. Any goals, any goals, any goals, any goals.
Any goals, any goals, any goals, any goals. Any goals. Goals, goals, goals, goals.
Any goals, give us half a ****ing chance,
Just hoof it in the air and pray for where it lands, any goals.
Getting boot to ball in a panic, hoping one will dribble through,
But you know it ain't going to.
At training we've got aiming honed,
But as soon as the side's on the park it's a big **** you.
Any goals, any goals, any goals, any goals. Any goals, any goals, any goals, any goals.
Ahhhrgh any goals, let alone post-high,
A torp just shy, fading poorly. Why?
Through traffic, Worm-burner, arrogant tackle-spurner, out-of-midair, stunner pls any goals.
Checkside, lucky bouncer, pack mark crumb pouncer, still-in-it announcer, pls any goals.
Any goals, any goals, any goals, any goals.

11-S37R05-headera.png

After getting smashed to the tune of 60 points in Rd 4 by the Swamprats, the Roys were keen to set things straight against a fire-breathing Dragon outfit; and boy, did we do it in style!

It was an inauspicious start when the Dragons helped themselves to the opening goal after 26 seconds, but the Roys immediately began flexing their muscle in open play to lead at quarter-time 5.7 to 2.0 with Mooch leading the way in front of goal with 2 majors.

The Roys were able to build on their momentum at the beginning of the 2nd by kicking the first 3 goals of the quarter to open up a 46 point lead, but the Dragons responded by kicking 3 of their own to work their way back into the contest. But that was as close as it got. The Roys rattled through the next 4 thanks to Dicky Fitzwell, JackNah_8, _Mike_, and fitzroybowiedog to lead at the major break 13.11 to 6.1

After what can only be described as one of the Goal of the Year contender’s to Mooch to open the 3rd quarter, it looked as though things were going to get ugly for the home side, but the quarter eventually proved to be much of an arm wrestle throughout with the Roys narrowly winning the quarter 5 goals to 4 to lead 18.14 to 10.1 at the last break.

Popular teammate MrsEddieBetts gave cause for celebration as she opened the sides scoring in the 4th, and JackNah_8 and judge judy both added multiple goals to ensure the Roys would run out convincing winners 24.20.165 to 12.3.75 at the final siren.

Goals: Mooch (5), JackNah_8 (3), fitzroybowiedog (3), SpecialBruce (2), _Mike_ (2), judge judy (2), Chezzalenko Reborn (2)

View attachment 2031843

After a blistering start to the season, the Roys were off and rolling with the league already at our feet. The Warriors were vanquished in dominating style and the next victim (sic) were to be the Wonders. Spirits were high and confidence was peak. Perhaps a little too peak, as … let's just say things didn't go quite to plan.

The Wonders played pressure qooty from the opening bounce and we found the ball sailing over our heads before we'd even rolled onto the balls of our feet. West Coast took an early lead and even when we made a rare foray forward again the Wonders kept control - our first two scores were essentially donations in rushed behinds. Finally Mooch broke us out of the spell with our first goal halfway through the opening quarter.

We could only arrest the Wonders dominance momentarily, though, as we allowed 3 more goals to the enemy before the first bell. Going into the break with a 3-goal deficit, it was time for a stirring speech and turning of the tables.

Unfortunately the tables not only stayed were they were, but were nailed, bolted and soldered into place as the second quarter became a Wondrous exhibition - we were outscored 11 goals to 2 and the game was already over by half time.

With the match in the bag, West Coast took their foot off the pedal somewhat, yet still managed to extend their lead during both the third and final quarters. The final margin was 16 goals and after the joy of Round 1, we had been neatly placed back on earth by a team that was far more on their game on the day.

Mooch struggled on with sparse opportunity to record 3 goals, and Reardo who - was brought in specifically for this game at the expense of an indisputably shit captain - drove the vast majority of our fight with 20 possessions and 13 marks. But there was very little to celebrate in a very mismatched performance. SpecialBruce gave hints of the season he was about to have with a massive goal at the start of the 2nd, and TheGoatBaron also notched a goal in a precursor to his later-season shift to the primary spearhead position. _Mike_ got his wish being switched into the ruck just in time to take notes from dogs105 in a match-up that resulted in a dreamteam disparity approaching 100 points!

Goals: Mooch 3, Pure Grunt , DERRINALPHIL , TheGoatBaron , SpecialBruce , Aristotle Pickett , _Mike_ , tigs2010

The jolt of a leadership change rang loud and proud throughout the Roys camp following this humiliation, with tigs summing the team feeling up best:

Phar Ace thought the blame could be shared somewhat more evenly:
Hi Roys friends. Good luck with your thing!!

I know Black Books well but if I quoted from an episode, it was a coincidence ahahaha
It was the gif. Where Fran gets a job, has no idea what she's doing but gets promoted. Rob Bryden plays the horrible boss.
Well, guess I have to come up with an impromptu speech for winning the Dunce award!

This dunce award goes out to all you 'rillas out there that when you're feeling down... when you're feeling out... there's me - with 0 goals to his name! It doesn't get much worse...

Thank you all.

qRd1lXU.png

W
That was you with the no goals? You're that guy? Good job you were involved in plenty of others goals then ;)

12-S37R06-headera.png

The Roys had just last week arrested a run of L's with a resounding victory at Dragon Island, and fortunes were looking up. Hosting the Royals at home was a splendid opportunity to solidify the resurgence, and the fans were not let down! The scene was set in the opening quarter, outscoring the Royals 7 goals to 2, and this continued through to half time. The result was in the book by that point and the last half was a time to relax. 12 Gorillas scored goals, with Mooch loading up 5 majors and 3 teammates notching 3 apiece.

@mrseddibetts doubled the hitouts of the opposition, while fitzroybowiedog , Mobbs , SpecialBruce and Chezzalenko Reborn all had massive days out. Despite the Royals enjoying many more Inside 50s, their overuse of handball led to countless turnovers which often resulted in scoring at the other end.

With two consecutive big wins in succession, the Roys were feeling able to take on anyone, including even the BYE, which was to be the next opponent.

Goals: Mooch 5 , fitzroybowiedog , SpecialBruce , TheGoatBaron 3, MrsEddieBetts , 3KZ is Football , Dicky Fitzwell , Mobbs , JackNah_8 , _Mike_ , Chezzalenko Reborn , Pure Grunt

We knew we'd done something special, but it was not easy to understand how. However, there was one suggestion:
Must have been some kebabs we had pregame

It was the gif. Where Fran gets a job, has no idea what she's doing but gets promoted. Rob Bryden plays the horrible boss.
Oh yeah! Haha I was trying to think what text sounded like Black Books. Yeah that was a Fran Gif and I didn't even realise!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you all.

qRd1lXU.png

W
Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

13a-League_Awards_header.png

Congratulations to all who won a league-level accolade this season! I can only think of the following, but, yay!

MOBBENFUHRER MEDAL​

12 - royboy2
11 - SpecialBruce
6 - DERRINALPHIL
2 - Chezzalenko Reborn
2 - Pure Grunt
2 - TheGoatBaron
3 - tigs2010
3 - MrsEddieBetts
3 - Mooch
3 - Mobbs
1 - Phar Ace
1 - _Mike_
1 - 3KZ is Football

BEEZ TROPHY​

4th - Mobbs
54th - TheGoatBaron
67th - 3KZ is Football
87th - _Mike_
99th - Elmer_Judd
109th - tigs2010
124th - SpecialBruce
126th - Phar Ace

BEST OPPOSITION CAPTAIN​

During Beez Trophy festivities I was awarded this new accolade, the "Best Opposition Captain" which I believe was voted on by all Committee Members.

14a-Anc2_PTizzle_Award.gif

Season 37 PTizzle Award for the Best Newcomer​

Last season, Pure Grunt deservedly took home this award for his brilliance in season 36 and this season’s winner is equally deserving. This award is given to the best newcomer every season. This guy is an oldie but a goodie and despite a slow start to the season, once he found his rhythm he really banged the drum.

He played in a number of positions but it was really when he was pushed forward he showed us all what he is capable of, and surely Fred Medal, Sweet FA honours, and an Itsmyshow award will come his way if he keeps up this form? With an average of 45 posts and 3 goals per game as a forward, the season 37 PTizzle Award winner is

TheGoatBaron

14c-Anc2_PTizzle_Award.png

Stats:
Code:
HO    K    M    H    T    FF    FA    G    B    Dt
 0   76   24   40   18     7     6   27   19   622

BEST OPPOSITION CAPTAIN​

During Beez Trophy festivities I was awarded this new accolade, the "Best Opposition Captain" which I believe was voted on by all Committee Members.
Several of us chipped in with hefty accolades and sugary sweet comments but for some reason they were cut from the proceedings. I'm sure it was just a time pressure thing.

Several of us chipped in with hefty accolades and sugary sweet comments but for some reason they were cut from the proceedings. I'm sure it was just a time pressure thing.
I thought same thing. Wasted 3 hours of my life trying to come up with something nice to say too ffs.

I thought same thing. Wasted 3 hours of my life trying to come up with something nice to say too ffs.
I know you're angry about your crap vote tally right now so I'm going to pretend you didn't say that.

View attachment 2031904

Season 37 PTizzle Award for the Best Newcomer​

Last season, Pure Grunt deservedly took home this award for his brilliance in season 36 and this season’s winner is equally deserving. This award is given to the best newcomer every season. This guy is an oldie but a goodie and despite a slow start to the season, once he found his rhythm he really banged the drum.

He played in a number of positions but it was really when he was pushed forward he showed us all what he is capable of, and surely Fred Medal, Sweet FA honours, and an Itsmyshow award will come his way if he keeps up this form? With an average of 45 posts and 3 goals per game as a forward, the season 37 PTizzle Award winner is

TheGoatBaron

View attachment 2031905

Stats:
Code:
HO    K    M    H    T    FF    FA    G    B    Dt
 0   76   24   40   18     7     6   27   19   622
I’m so happy I could cry. I don’t know what to say.

"I want to thank Alec Baldwin for notcoming tonight. I already have a reputation as a liberal media lunatic. I don't need that guy following me around."

Thank you

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Roys FFC S37 Community Rooms - Congrats 3KZ is Football Broken Medallist S37!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back